Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have a weird thing going on with my 2016 mustang, I use Sparkle glass cleaner on the outside of the windows which does a great job but when I use on the inside of the windows it just kind of smears the dirt.

It almost appears the the inside of my cars windows have some kind of film on them which is preventing them from being properly taken care of with the cleaner, could tint be doing this?

It's something that just really annoys me, my car is clean from top to bottom except for the inside of the windows that are a smeary mess in the sunlight.

any help?

TC
Sponsored

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP; 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305 V8 TBI
I've tried this and it seems to work pretty good for the windshield.

Deleted member 35644

Good timing, for me. I went over the inside of my windshield 3 times this past weekend, with Invisible Glass, then twice with LOTS of Windex, and I find the next morning while driving under the street lights that it's smeared to hell and back. I was going to try alcohol next, so thanks for the confirmation that it works (or helps). I don't know what has gotten on my windshield, but it's serious about staying there. I don't use protectants on the interior, so I guess it's dashboard gassing in the sun. It's proving to be a bitch to get off.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Autoglym glass polish.

Not the watery liquid one, the type that’s light blue in colour and a similar consistency to tooth paste. It’s applied and removed like a tradition car wax and will leave nothing but a perfect finish. It’s a bit more time consuming than the watery type cleaners, but it’s well worth it for stubborn windows.

WD :like:

Sponsored

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Good timing, for me. I went over the inside of my windshield 3 times this past weekend, with Invisible Glass, then twice with LOTS of Windex, and I find the next morning while driving under the street lights that it's smeared to hell and back. I was going to try alcohol next, so thanks for the confirmation that it works (or helps). I don't know what has gotten on my windshield, but it's serious about staying there. I don't use protectants on the interior, so I guess it's dashboard gassing in the sun. It's proving to be a bitch to get off.
I'd like to think my car is pretty clean also, but when it comes to glass, its like i am a total newb! what looks good in the shade, looks crummy and streaky in the sun, or leaving early in the morning, driving under street lights, i can see the bad glass cleaning job i did, and it kinda pisses my off actually! but if i engage the defrost, then it seems to clear up, :crazy: i use Stoner brand Invisible Glass. I also do not use dash protectants, just a damp m/c to dust.....

RLMJR58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, pp, Kona Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Paper towels often leave smears. Need to use plain down paper towels for a good job... make sure you don’t use winded or an window cleaner with ammonia on tint ether. I bought a case of paper towels from a janitor supply place. The ave them with no treatment to “soften” the so the leave no streaks residue like most paper towels.

OP
OP
tcman54

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, forgot to mention that I use paper towels and the crappy ones from Walmart at that, it's probably the real problem, lol

TC

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Could be a type of freon residual from the AC. I use Sprayaway glass cleaner on everything.

Sponsored

warthog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 5.0 Convertible
I started using Mr Clean Magic Eraser and then use a clean waffle towel and wow. I’ll clean the window with a glass cleaner first and also wipe with the waffle micro fiber towel then the Mr Clean Magic Eraser. I was also having that streaking issue no matter what glass cleaner.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I've never heard of the Magic Eraser, but I might give that a try. The best thing I've found is to take a clean applicator pad with just a small amount of Adam's Buttery Wax. Work it in just like you would on the paint. Remove with a clean mf towel. I use one of those Stoner windshield tools to get in all the crevices. I do this twice a year. Any other time I just use a clean damp mf towel and follow up with a clean dry mf towel. The wax seems to really help in getting the dash gassing off with just water. One other thing, I always wash all my towels in Tide Free laundry detergent. It has no dyes or fragrances. Then I line dry them to make sure there's no residue that transfers from the dryer from using dryer sheets.

I might add this is only the windshield. On the tinted windows, I just use Stoner's Invisible Glass Cleaner with clean mf towels. Any streaks I just follow up gently with a clean dry mf towel. I wouldn't use any wax on tint.
Sponsored