2015 Premium Sound Upgrade

Shawncp4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I’m sorry if the info is out there but I have issues searching here. I have a 2015 Premium GT with the 9 speaker setup. I am acquiring equipment right now and am using a JL FiX82 and TwKD8 (signal to FiX82 then optical to TwK to tune). Are the rear deck speakers full range where I can just tap into them instead of tapping into the front 6.5s and mids?

I’m going to install a 2 way active set up up front with a single sub in the trunk. And if you have any, any assistance with using these products is appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
The fix82 will take the signal and process out the processing from the factory signal. I use one before my DSP and it works great. I’m pretty sure the signal was tapped from the front speakers, but I cannot see why the rear signal wouldn’t work just as well.
If you want to save a few bucks you can do the forescan changes to flatten out the factory signal and you wouldn’t have to use the fix82. Not sure where that info is here anymore and couldn’t find it with a simple search.
I recommend reading the audio frog dsp tuning guide for a better understanding of the process.
Link to pdf:

https://testgear.audiofrog.com/wp-c...Process-and-Some-Notes-About-Why-it-Works.pdf

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Just do a search for Forscan and ACM on Google and you‘ll get enough info on that. After that don‘t get the fix, but a T-Harness and use the variable output of the ACM to feed into the DSP.

OP
OP
Shawncp4

Shawncp4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I actually got a stupid good deal on the FiX82 and TwKD8 so I went with that. As long as I can get a full range signal in the rear, I’ll do that but if not I’ll just run the optical cable to the trunk for the TwKD8.
Sponsored