Reviews for FALKEN AZENIS FK510

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
Search didnt turn up much. I've ran Continental tires on a previous car and they were noisy, less so than the sport cup 2's on my GT PP2.

I've been looking for replacements for the Sport Cup 2's and for the price point the FK510's are an attractive option at almost $500 cheaper for the set.

Trying to see if folks here have tried them and what their thoughts are. If someone's tried both the FK510's and the PS4S or their older equivallents, which way would you go and why?
Sponsored

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I run the FK510 in 275/40-18 for my street and wet track day tires, mounted on our 18x10" EC-7 wheels. I have not used the PS4S on the same car in the same size, but if you're looking for the best street tire, it's the PS4S. It just costs a lot because it is great.

The FK510 is a really nice tire. I think it's quiet and comfortable, but my car doesn't exactly define comfort and quiet so tough to compare to something like a stock S550. It's great in the rain, I never feel any sort of hydroplaning even in standing water.

- Cory

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Very good reviews on tire rack.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I picked up a very nice used 2018 GT Premium auto in Jacksonville, NC on Tuesday. The dealership put a set of new Falken 510s on it and having had mostly Michelins, expected "blah". Not so! Drove to Charlotte and back to Oakland, MI. About 1,000 miles. Fast, slow, city, highway. The tires are very comfortable soaking holes and bumps very well. Quiet. Handle much better than I would have imagined. Providing they don't start making a lot of noises, etc, I would consider replacing them when they wear out.

Tire Rack has them at $194 for the 265/35ZR20s which are the size the car came with. The Michelins were $350 each for the same size.

So far the tire is a steal. So, those on a budget have an opportunity to get stellar performance for almost 1/2 the price.

Impressed!

OP
OP
rishi_says

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
I picked up a very nice used 2018 GT Premium auto in Jacksonville, NC on Tuesday. The dealership put a set of new Falken 510s on it and having had mostly Michelins, expected "blah". Not so! Drove to Charlotte and back to Oakland, MI. About 1,000 miles. Fast, slow, city, highway. The tires are very comfortable soaking holes and bumps very well. Quiet. Handle much better than I would have imagined. Providing they don't start making a lot of noises, etc, I would consider replacing them when they wear out.

Tire Rack has them at $194 for the 265/35ZR20s which are the size the car came with. The Michelins were $350 each for the same size.

So far the tire is a steal. So, those on a budget have an opportunity to get stellar performance for almost 1/2 the price.

Impressed!
That was my thinking too. For 305/30/19 for PP2 it's $1600 for Michelins and $1000 for these. Good to hear your experience with them has been good.
Sponsored