Xtreme-DI HPFP45 Direct Injection Pump

WickedRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80 Velocity Blue
Has anyone messed with going this route vs the port injection route for their boosted application? I have followed along with a couple friends Corvette's and Camaro's being they are solely Direct Injected. I know there are some benefits with DI. Just didn't know if the added expense with the fuel system would justify it.

http://www.xtreme-di.com/product/gdi-high-flow-pump-hpfp-45-for-2018-mustang-gt-5-0/
GDI High Flow Pump HPFP45 For 2018+ Mustang GT 5.0 / F150 5.0L
This GDI high pressure pump was developed to replace the Denso OEM high pressure pump. It delivers up to 45% more fuel flow when mounted on the same CAM-Lobe.
Maximum Fuel Pressure is 250bar / 3625psi (OEM 200bar/2900psi).
The kit comes with everything you need: the HPFP, all required hardware and an electric pigtail.
Customer-specific fittings and lines on request.
Straight E85 1194whp GDI/PFI combined !!!
no meth, no PFI, no extra ECUs, no wiring, full control, full OBD Diagnostics.

Type: HPFP45
Gains: 47%
Pressure: 250 BAR
Fuel: E85
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
How much is it ?

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
At what power level do the Gen 3 HPFP and traditional fuel pump run out of steam? It’s not nearly as common as it is with the LT1, that’s for sure.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I am running two 274 pumps in a fore hat /ID1050x / JN2UNING return system .
Lambda and LPFP look great but not liking the HPFP .
With the BAP/DW4000 bump it was table top flat /3000 psi at WOT running race gas (and e85 with bigger pulley )
Since the fuel system /E84 it is no longer table top flat and dips initially when I got WOT then increases with rpm .
May be I should check the DI injectors ?

OP
OP
WickedRed

WickedRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
At what power level do the Gen 3 HPFP and traditional fuel pump run out of steam? It’s not nearly as common as it is with the LT1, that’s for sure.
These are things I am unsure of, but would love to know. The GM LT platforms have been adding port injection systems via aftermarket EFI for awhile. Now they have upgraded HPFP's, upgraded with pumps, higher flowing DI injectors and are making big power with out the need to the Port Injection systems.
I am always looking at new technology and the benefits.

Exactly..

There are cheaper/proven ways to skin that cat.
Granted its not cheap and there are proven ways to skin that cat. There are some advantages I would assume with DI over Port Injection. Spray patterns, Fuel vapor droplet size, Injection timing etc... There just not a lot of info out there or Shared info anyway.

With the BAP/DW4000 bump it was table top flat /3000 psi at WOT running race gas (and e85 with bigger pulley )
Since the fuel system /E84 it is no longer table top flat and dips initially when I got WOT then increases with rpm .
E85 and similar fuels tax the HPFP and DI injectors based off the needed volumes alone. This is one of the reasons I opened this thread. I get the fact I can upgrade the Port injection side of my fuel system and make great power. I don't want to not take care of the DI side of the Fuel system as there are great benefits to having it.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
you are able to get a little more port out of it, once injectors are there as well, it will be more beneficial.

on the gm note, we acctually have a c7 project car, and it has di and port added as well, when we did the paxton on it, we added an msd intake along with a stand alone port system as you can't get enough e85 to the car on di alone

Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Made over 1000whp on stock HPFP and stock DI injectors. Just FIC1000's and LPF fuel pump.

Same shop made over 1300whp with stock HPFP and stock DI injectors. Not sure what size port injectors though

OP
OP
WickedRed

WickedRed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Made over 1000whp on stock HPFP and stock DI injectors. Just FIC1000's and LPF fuel pump.

Same shop made over 1300whp with stock HPFP and stock DI injectors. Not sure what size port injectors though
There is no doubt upgrading the Port Injection and LPFP will get us all where we are going. All while retaining the stock DI injection side of things.

Like I stated above. I am just interested in what could be had if anything from upgrading the DI Pump and adding it to the mix. At $2500 it’s a expensive deal to experiment with.

I have followed the Porsche 992.2 and now GM’s Corvette and Camaro platforms with their DI fuel systems. It just always peaked my interest in the upgrade aspects and benefits of that particular type of fuel system.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
There is no doubt upgrading the Port Injection and LPFP will get us all where we are going. All while retaining the stock DI injection side of things.

Like I stated above. I am just interested in what could be had if anything from upgrading the DI Pump and adding it to the mix. At $2500 it’s a expensive deal to experiment with.

I have followed the Porsche 992.2 and now GM’s Corvette and Camaro platforms with their DI fuel systems. It just always peaked my interest in the upgrade aspects and benefits of that particular type of fuel system.
on e85 at 1050-1100 wheel, we were able to add about 10% more di to the mix, with the stock di injectors

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
you need to have them lower your di blend...