Sponsored

Linelock/A10 question???

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
For those that frequent the drag strip with an A10 and use the provided line lock, during the burnout, do you just leave the A10 in D and hammer down on the throttle and let it shift itself thru the gears or do you put the A10 in S and select 2nd gear and then just feather the throttle at high rpm to prevent hitting the limiter?

The reason I ask is because I had an issue at the track on the 2 passes I made in this car while attempting the line lock burnout. It was not a problem with the line lock process itself, but my issue was during the burnout. I was leaving the A10 in D and then after starting the burnout I was trying to feather the throttle but not realizing the trans was also upshifting to higher gears to the point it would just bog the car all the way down back to idle and so I was never getting my tires hot. I should also add that this is my first time drag racing with an Automatic and have only had experience racing with 5 previous Mustangs with manuals.
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Sport.. man shift 1-2

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I didn’t have a problem leaving in d, a few guys told me it may do what you experienced but my car didn’t

It up shifted and I let go of the ok and rolled to the line?

OP
OP
jmeiers

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the replies.

I think if I just keep my foot in the throttle and not let up it would have happily shifted thru as needed until I hit the OK button. I have a track rental next weekend and I will try both methods. Can't wait to see how this car responds with heated up ET Street Rs versus just a quick spin.

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for the replies.

I think if I just keep my foot in the throttle and not let up it would have happily shifted thru as needed until I hit the OK button. I have a track rental next weekend and I will try both methods. Can't wait to see how this car responds with heated up ET Street Rs versus just a quick spin.
That’s exactly what I did, I applied more throttle on the shift

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
When I've done burn outs, I've let mine shift to 2nd and feathered it. I haven't used line lock though

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have used D and let it shift but I prefer to use S and paddle to 2nd after burnout begins. Just need to make sure to put it back in drive before beginning the quarter mile pass.
Sponsored