Sponsored

Invoice price? 2020GT

Cobra331a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Mustang GT Y trim, 99 Lightning
Im in the process of ordering a 2020 GT. I filled out the forms on the build a stang site and foolishly included my phone number :) Anyways, ive received a few offers to order the specific car i want. The 3 dealers im interested in doing business with are offering it at invoice price. I have a buddy who is the sales manager at a ford dealership 500 miles away who confirmed its the actual invoice price. Is there still wiggle room? Id like to get it at my closest dealer which is 30 miles away but they have yet to get back to me on a price as of yet? If they cant beat the invoice price i dont mind driving 60 miles.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
'invoice' is what, 5-6% off? That's pretty standard fare this early in the MY. Sure you can't find a dealer build with what you want? I'm seeing 14% off around me for new 2020 GT in dealer inventory. The problem with a custom order is you have little leverage.

AGM2018

Im in the process of ordering a 2020 GT. I filled out the forms on the build a stang site and foolishly included my phone number :) Anyways, ive received a few offers to order the specific car i want. The 3 dealers im interested in doing business with are offering it at invoice price. I have a buddy who is the sales manager at a ford dealership 500 miles away who confirmed its the actual invoice price. Is there still wiggle room? Id like to get it at my closest dealer which is 30 miles away but they have yet to get back to me on a price as of yet? If they cant beat the invoice price i dont mind driving 60 miles.
It depends on the dealer...and how badly they want to sell a vehicle. As Shogun32 said, 2020 models are being discounted more than the invoice price (5%-6%) currently. A friend of mine custom ordered a 2020 GT from a local dealership and negotiated 12% off the MSRP, which I didn't think was too bad. I would offer 15% off the MSRP and be willing to negotiate down to 10%. I hope this helps....YMMV.

OP
OP

Cobra331a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'invoice' is what, 5-6% off? That's pretty standard fare this early in the MY. Sure you can't find a dealer build with what you want? I'm seeing 14% off around me for new 2020 GT in dealer inventory. The problem with a custom order is you have little leverage.

Cant find anything close at a dealership, Black/black 400a, magneride,PP, B&O, 10 speed.... Probably my last car so im not willing to settle, for now.... Im getting 48.7k on the ford site and the invoice price im getting is about 46.5.... Im in no rush though, we have 4 running vehicles between 2 of us.. I will just keep searching for now.....

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cobra331a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
here ya go.
https://www.tedbrittchantilly.com/new-Chantilly-2019-Ford-Mustang-GT+Premium-1FA6P8CF1K5185062

42k asking. only thing missing is B&O but aftermarket audio is supposed to be far better than the sorry-ass excuse for Audio Ford supplies.
thanks, that was nice of you.... Yes i could skip the BO , but it has the smart and safe option or whatever its called.. Doesnt that put that box thing on the rear bumper?? Seen it in some pics and it looks bad IMO. Not really sure thats what that is tho.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My car came with Safe & Smart. Didn’t really see the need for all the nannies but now that I have it I wouldn’t buy a car without it. The adaptive cruise is so much better than regular cruise and the auto high beams and wipers are nice to have.
By the way no box on the rear bumper.
C7552D20-B55D-4C8D-9819-09F9992836B2.jpeg

By the way I do have the B&O system. It’s really not all that bad. Honestly I do not use it often enough that I would miss it.

StangSoClean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
thanks, that was nice of you.... Yes i could skip the BO , but it has the smart and safe option or whatever its called.. Doesnt that put that box thing on the rear bumper?? Seen it in some pics and it looks bad IMO. Not really sure thats what that is tho.
Salesrep Sully and his manager Bill at the fairfax tedd britt location did me solid on a good deal for a 2020. I'd recommend. They can also sell cars out of the chantilly inventory. Or have cars shipped in from other dealerships.

Gl

StangSoClean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Being that there weren't any rebates on 2020's at the time (only 2019 and below) i was shopping they significantly boosted the amount of my crappy trade in using X-Plan in order to make the deal more favorable.
Sponsored