Sponsored

Any 2019 California Special’s Out There?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hello to all of our UK members from sunny South Carolina, USA.

A question, please. I am looking at purchasing a 5Spurs armrest. The problem is trying to matchup the red color stitching in our cars. If anyone happens to have a 19’ GT/CS and is anywhere near 5Spurs they would love to see your car. I would greatly appreciate it if you are that person can you please give them a call and setup a visit?

Here is the post we are conversing on.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...st-feedback-wanted.126037/page-4#post-2705961

Here is 5Spurs website.
https://5spurs.com/gb/store/usa/2018-2020-Mustang-c31442232

Thank you in advance for anyone who can assist.
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Hi

To my knowledge we don't have California specials in the UK

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Thank you. Just wondering does Ford not offer the CS option in the U.K.?
Nope

We get a peculiar hybrid spec in the UK and none of the normal models you see in the US. RHD cars get a half hearted 401a package that doesn't include stitched dash tops or premium leather but we do get 401a door trims and leather centre console cover.

We have standard (all include PP1 here) Custom pack (bits from 401a) and Bullitt (minus some of the US Bullitt bits such as centre dials) with Magneride as stand alone option.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Nope

We get a peculiar hybrid spec in the UK and none of the normal models you see in the US. RHD cars get a half hearted 401a package that doesn't include stitched dash tops or premium leather but we do get 401a door trims and leather centre console cover.

We have standard (all include PP1 here) Custom pack (bits from 401a) and Bullitt (minus some of the US Bullitt bits such as centre dials) with Magneride as stand alone option.
Thanks Greg. I went up on the U.K. build & price webpage. Strange and interesting. Noticed that you do not get the red or blue interior stitching options either.

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Greg. I went up on the U.K. build & price webpage. Strange and interesting. Noticed that you do not get the red or blue interior stitching options either.
We really miss out on the interior packages for some odd reason, must be to do with the RHD. We only get the standard quality leather in black or ceramic or tan or the Recaros. No premium leather or Alcantara or stitching options.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We don't care about the stitching/interior but do care about not getting the GT350!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
We don't care about the stitching/interior but do care about not getting the GT350!
Speak for yourself !

GT500 would be a very small market here and no point trying to sort out the WLTP. GT350 is available in LHD via Germany

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They said the V8 would be a small market and everyone would buy the Eco, they were wrong. I can buy a GT350 without warranty on the wrong side, yes.

Spending money on the interior would just turn the car into another Audi, I like my money spent on the engine.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
We also only get the 3.55 trac-lock LSD rather than the 3.73 torsen, correct?

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
We also only get the 3.55 trac-lock LSD rather than the 3.73 torsen, correct?
Yep

They said the V8 would be a small market and everyone would buy the Eco, they were wrong. I can buy a GT350 without warranty on the wrong side, yes.

Spending money on the interior would just turn the car into another Audi, I like my money spent on the engine.
Isn't 450PS enough on the road ?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No idea if 450PS is enough, you'll have to covert that to bhp for me please

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
No idea if 450PS is enough, you'll have to covert that to bhp for me please
450PS = 444bhp - standard UK V8 Mustang post MY2018

All cars sold in the UK have their power quoted in PS these days, it is short for Pferdestärke and is very close to the equivalent bhp

My point was unless you are going on track there is nowhere on the roads to use any more power than a standard V8 Mustang so improving the interior would appeal to a lot of people rather than more pointless power. I have friends with significantly more powerful cars (not Mustangs) and other than a few frantic blasts up the road they never use anywhere near what the car can do on a day to day basis and fuel consumption / range is crippling. In all fairness an unmodified Mustang isn't that good on a track either (few cars are outside of exotica) - the diff will overheat very quickly. So for the few that do want more, an aftermarket supercharger and improved diff would be the way forward.

I imagine there are a lot of technical layout reasons other than emissions problems that are preventing RHD GT350's

I don't suppose many GT350's and GT500's will get used as daily drivers ( I'm sure somebody at this point will say they do!)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I say engine i mean the performance in general, the interior quality is about as important to me as the boot size. Maybe that's because im in my thirties, i guess if you're a Jaguar age driver the interior is more important?
My current Mustang is my weekend car, so i agree a GT350/500 would not be a daily car but that doesn't bother me, in fact i prefer a car that is more special than an everyday car.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
When I say engine i mean the performance in general, the interior quality is about as important to me as the boot size. Maybe that's because im in my thirties, i guess if you're a Jaguar age driver the interior is more important?
My current Mustang is my weekend car, so i agree a GT350/500 would not be a daily car but that doesn't bother me, in fact i prefer a car that is more special than an everyday car.
Ha - One of the reasons I bought my Mustang was the boot space !

I needed something a bit more practical for longer journeys than my Lotus
Sponsored