Sponsored

'

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Forget about benchmarking. I wrote above that Ford supposedly benchmarked Porsche when the S550 performance packed gt came out. They skipped the ss1le and benchmarked the Porsche. Yeah right. I bet the GT500 benchmarked the the cars you listed so when they fail to beat the real competition they wouldnā€™t looks so bad. Now tell me, if the $75,000 Ford GT500 doesnā€™t beat the ZLE around a track, are you willing to give up on your brand loyalty and join the logical brotherhood or still keep this silliness?
what was that? You were wrong you said? You apologize for being ignorant?

Apology accepted.
Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
what was that? You were wrong you said? You apologize for being ignorant?

Apology accepted.
Don't change the subject. Are you willing to switch to the light from dark side if you are wrong? If the $75,000 GT500 can't put better lap times than the ZL1/1LE are you giving up? Let me give you a handycap and make the ZLE a manual tranny car vs DCT GT500. You will see if Ford really benchmarked or not.

Last edited:

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Don't change the subject. Are you willing to switch to the light from dark side if you are wrong? If the $75,000 GT500 can't put better lap times than the ZL1/1LE are you giving up? Let me give you a handycap and make the ZLE a manual tranny car vs DCT GT500. You will see if Ford really benchmarked or not.
You're trying way too hard...and making way too many assumptions. I have no brand loyalty.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:giggle:Bunch of dudes racing each other in cars they donā€™t own. I f#$kin love bench racers.:facepalm:

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Ford posted 1/4 mile times for the GT500? Whose got a link?

Camaro kids sure are sensitive lads.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
GT500 is not out handling the ZLE. ZLE out handled the Ford GT. You are so mistaken my friend. You better bring the $95,000 GT 500 and maybe add the $10,000 painted stripes if it helps the GT500. Keep dreaming. I can even have this bad boy ZLE brand new for little over $66,000 near by me. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/790617880/overview/

The GT500 can't even touch that. You will see the physics when actual lap times and comparisons come out. For 75 and 95+ grand that GT500 better put times faster than the ZL1 1LE,
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The Ford GT set a production car lap record at VIR with a time of 2:38.6. The ZR1 did break it later, as did the $1M McLaren Senna (2:34.9). But the ZLE is not in the ballpark of a Ford GT. 6.5 seconds at VIR is massive. Imagine after 10 laps, the ZLE would be 65 seconds behind - that's almost half a lap. Aside from the faster times, the Ford GT is one of the single best feeling and handling sports cars in the world.

Read the reviews of the GT500 CFTP. Start with Motor Trend, then go to Car and Driver. The reviews from everyone have been nothing short of stellar, particularly when talking about the GT500 CFTP ability on a track around turns. Billy Johnson himself said they took measurements and data to make sure the car was faster around a track than it's competitors. Motor Trend was speechless, saying the car is a supercar killer right in the title of the article. Both Car and Driver and Motor Trend compared the car to a Porsche 911 GT2 RS. It's that good. Not to mention it's already ran a 10.6 @ 133 mph with a 975' DA at a drag strip.

C&D said: "Yeah, we're comparing Mustangs to Porsche's best sports cars (the 911 GT2 RS). The Shelby GT500 is that good."

Motor Trend said: "The car had such explosive power, controlled and exploitable through the brilliantly tuned Tremec twin-clutch seven-speed automated manual transmission and Torsen limited-slip differential. Think Porsche GT2 RS. Yes, I just wrote that. It also provided so much mechanical and aero grip that it attacked racetrack curb hopping and wide-open sweepers with equal poise and confidence."

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The Ford GT set a production car lap record at VIR with a time of 2:38.6. The ZR1 did break it later, as did the $1M McLaren Senna (2:34.9). But the ZLE is not in the ballpark of a Ford GT. 6.5 seconds at VIR is massive. Imagine after 10 laps, the ZLE would be 65 seconds behind - that's almost half a lap. Aside from the faster times, the Ford GT is one of the single best feeling and handling sports cars in the world.

Read the reviews of the GT500 CFTP. Start with Motor Trend, then go to Car and Driver. The reviews from everyone have been nothing short of stellar, particularly when talking about the GT500 CFTP ability on a track around turns. Billy Johnson himself said they took measurements and data to make sure the car was faster around a track than it's competitors. Motor Trend was speechless, saying the car is a supercar killer right in the title of the article. Both Car and Driver and Motor Trend compared the car to a Porsche 911 GT2 RS. It's that good. Not to mention it's already ran a 10.6 @ 133 mph with a 975' DA at a drag strip.

C&D said: "Yeah, we're comparing Mustangs to Porsche's best sports cars (the 911 GT2 RS). The Shelby GT500 is that good."

Motor Trend said: "The car had such explosive power, controlled and exploitable through the brilliantly tuned Tremec twin-clutch seven-speed automated manual transmission and Torsen limited-slip differential. Think Porsche GT2 RS. Yes, I just wrote that. It also provided so much mechanical and aero grip that it attacked racetrack curb hopping and wide-open sweepers with equal poise and confidence."
Yeah but remember back in 2014 when Ford said they benchmarked the GT PP1 vs the 911... that means the 2020 GT500 failed to be competetive with its rivals and is a straight line car. MT and C&D must be confused.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I love how some Ford nut swingers cry about comparing lap times from different drivers on different days, while the others use it in their argument for a car that has literally not had a single, independent, instrumented track test. Some of you believe it will be faster than a viper acr. Time will tell. If it can beat a ZLE on track, that will be an impressive feat. And I'm sure the track pack GT500 will ride much better on the street. I just don't see it being faster on track than a much lighter car, with more aero, and purpose built suspension.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Yeah but remember back in 2014 when Ford said they benchmarked the GT PP1 vs the 911... that means the 2020 GT500 failed to be competetive with its rivals and is a straight line car. MT and C&D must be confused.
Indeed. Physics simply won't allow a 4000 lb+ car to go around a track and be competitive. This is a fact, a known impossibility.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I just don't see it being faster on track than a much lighter car, with more aero, and purpose built suspension.
Why? And don't throw out physics and weight bullshit.

Do you honestly think Ford is going to release a $100k mustang that has had years to tune and hone for track duty that would be outperformed by a MUCH cheaper ZLE?

I'm curious, how is it that the ZLE is faster around the track than much lighter vehicles..and yet some of you feel that this somehow would not be able to be accomplished by a heavier vehicle?

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Why? And don't throw out physics and weight bullshit.

Do you honestly think Ford is going to release a $100k mustang that has had years to tune and hone for track duty that would be outperformed by a MUCH cheaper ZLE?

I'm curious, how is it that the ZLE is faster around the track than much lighter vehicles..and yet some of you feel that this somehow would not be able to be accomplished by a heavier vehicle?
Pretty easy to explain, the car is a tick over 3800 lbs, running on 325ā€™s in the back and 305ā€™s front goodyear eagle F1 supercar R compound, it has more torque down low for exit speed during cornering and shorter straights, adjustable dssv dampers, and the aero provides so much downforce even in lower speeds and alpha platform.
Sponsored