jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
HI everyone,

So I know on the previous version of our engines (2011 - 2014), there were problems with the water pump (mainly due to gasket failure). Has anyone had a problem with this yet? Is this a problem with our engines?

I am at 92,400 miles and so far the car is still running like a champ, but I want to know if I should think about replacing the pump at around 100,000 since I will also be doing some other "major" maintenance (i.e. spark plugs, all of the fluids, brake pads, serpentine belt, and rear control arm bushings).

Thanks
Sponsored

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Been wondering the same. Just hit 75,000 miles and no issues as of yet.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My water pump broke at about 36,000 miles or so. Car started to overheat. I have the extended warranty but I think they would have covered it anyway. Good to know this was a weak spot on the engine that has otherwise given me no problems at all so far. Aren't you coming up to do a timing belt at 100k? Just change it when you get that done.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jperls

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
My water pump broke at about 36,000 miles or so. Car started to overheat. I have the extended warranty but I think they would have covered it anyway. Good to know this was a weak spot on the engine that has otherwise given me no problems at all so far. Aren't you coming up to do a timing belt at 100k? Just change it when you get that done.
We have timing chains (thank goodness). But I am going to change my serpentine belt

MadMB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang v6
My pump went out at 33k replaced under warranty

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the water pump issues, like coolant in the oil, were resolved with the 2011 redesign. Is this something new, just isolated instances, maybe? I can't imagine anyone recommending replacing a water pump at 36k, "just because". Thought the V-6 was pretty much bulletproof. One reason I bought one.
http://v6mustangperformance.com/news/ford-mustang-3-7l-v6-engine-explained/

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
What is the cause of the breaking, going out, etc? Gasket failure, pulley wobbly or fall off, squeaky, coolant dripping, bearing, impeller broke? Just curious so I know what to watch for.

Sponsored

MadMB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang v6
What is the cause of the breaking, going out, etc? Gasket failure, pulley wobbly or fall off, squeaky, coolant dripping, bearing, impeller broke? Just curious so I know what to watch for.
I noticed the leaking coolant first.