Sponsored

2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It's an extra step, so I would think that it would add time to the production process.
Everything adds time. My point in saying bogged down was along the lines of the paint delay issues due to color, etc.
Looking at my black roof, it was masked and painted (by hand). I can't imagine it taking a whole lot of effort, but yes.... it is another step that bogs down the process.
Part of the build process.
I might not.have been clear, but, i meant, once the status changes to produced, its already got the roof done, no location changes like the painted stripes, correct?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I might not.have been clear, but, i meant, once the status changes to produced, its already got the roof done, no location changes like the painted stripes, correct?
No, I dont think so. I have photos of my car being built. Let me look. I'll get back to you

DonMTV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra, 1988 Mustang GT
I don't even have a car in this show, but what the hell is Ford's deal with not shipping the cars if they are ready? Makes no sense. Don't they want these cars in the hands of their owners? I will say this, I have a friend who has been in touch with people in Ford, and NO ONE is talking. So weird.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
There is an issue equally common with all GT500s which is significant enough to hold the vehicles until they are made right before they are released for delivery. I think we may see at least a couple of more weeks before shipments from the FRAP are authorized.
This was also my understanding.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It is confirmed. The photos of my car rolling down the line show that the roof is already painted black.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I don't even have a car in this show, but what the hell is Ford's deal with not shipping the cars if they are ready? Makes no sense. Don't they want these cars in the hands of their owners? I will say this, I have a friend who has been in touch with people in Ford, and NO ONE is talking. So weird.
Itā€™s not unusual to hold the first batch of a new vehicle at the plant to make sure there arenā€™t any serious issues.
Now that the press and others have thrashed a few dozen GT500ā€™s in Vegas, they might have found a few issues that they want to fix before the cars are released for delivery. They have learned this lesson so many times...

Sponsored

stixxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang, 2012 Mustang
Yes, the roof is done in paint prior to going to final assembly.

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
GM is blaming the 6 week strike, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they had generally gotten ahead of themselves saying they were going to deliver in 2019. The strike makes a good fall guy though.
They had moved their production window to 2020 prior to the strike. They were planning on January. The two cars I were deciding between were the GT500 and the C8 so with no vin currently, Iā€™d be in the same boat either way. Lovely.

After talking to FP, I had to have a little conversation with my dealer to see if I truly had an order. They gave me their word Iā€™d receive it so hereā€™s hoping Iā€™m right in trusting them. They are about 2.5hrs away from me but I checked out customer reviews and such online before handing my money over.
Sponsored