Sponsored

GT500 Wing & Splitter on a GT350?

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone thinking of putting an after market GT500 track pack aero on their GT350? Yes I know that aero is not setup for the GT350, but I have seen some on here go to the big wing and was wondering if anyone was considering it and what it might cost?
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Run some additional pieces up front and the GT500 wing, in essence the GT4 wing aside from elevation, and it is absolutely setup up for the GT350 "body."

Anderson is looking to mimic the wing as well as other aero hardware. They have yet to hint at cost but I suspect it will be quite a bit less than what Ford would charge for the OEM replacement.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The rear wing is acceptable for the GT350 dynamics but the front aero equipment is absolutely not a good idea. The 500 has a completely different front aero profile than the 350. COMPLETELY. None of the front GT500 aero enhancements are appropriate for the GT350. Let me repeat this: NONE OF THEM. The GT350 has a few aero quirks that should be noted and I think this will give you some perspective.

The GT350 front is MORE streamline than the GT500.

The GT350 has a front lift issue. Most people turn to splitters to help alleviate this. They really should be venting the hood more.

The GT350 needs more rear down force than front down force, even the base car. Think about it, in 2019 Ford closed off the front grill even more and reducing drag and added a wicker bill to rear aero element for more rear down force. As a result, the GT350R front splitter on a base car without additional rear down force is not a recommended aero modification.

The GT500 style winglets will completely destroy your GT350 front aero profile and cause massive drag issues with zero benefit. The shape of the GT500 nose and outer flares allows winglets to complement the front end and actually be functional. The GT350 front clip does not.

My source: A Ford Performance racing driver who will remain unnamed for now.

Don't try to out engineer the engineers, especially with aero dynamics. Frankly, making such fundamental aero mistakes is no better than the 1997 Civic owners did by adding wings and flicks and god knows what simply because it looked functional but in fact made their car even worse.

OP
OP
FLETCshooter

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
The Steeda wing is a good piece but not the best choice. However, for the money!!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The Steeda wing is a good piece but not the best choice. However, for the money!!
Exactly. However it's advantage is the drag penalty is very minimal. The 350R wing though probably is honestly the best down force to drag ratio piece for the S550. IF one gets an R wing or replica that is actually designed correctly. Otherwise if someone is looking for ultimate down force without a completely unacceptable drag penalty, the GT-250 wing from APR. There's definitely a reason why the FP350S uses it. None of the APR GTC series wings are appropriate for the S550.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The rear wing is acceptable for the GT350 dynamics but the front aero equipment is absolutely not a good idea.
Not sure if that was a response to my post and I'm not clear on what you are implying in the 2nd half of the above quote. To reiterate, the GT500 wing is the GT4 wing mounted at a different elevation. In the context of using it on a GT350, my position that commensurate GT350 front aero, meaning canards, splitter, hood vents, be used, ala the GT4 cars. These pieces are available from Multimatic and absolutely work together. They were tunnel tested and have been race proven. You won't likely out engineer Ford/Multimatic. And this comes directly from those that worked on designing, manufacturing, and racing, the GT4 "Mustang."

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not sure if that was a response to my post and I'm not clear on what you are implying in the 2nd half of the above quote. To reiterate, the GT500 wing is the GT4 wing mounted at a different elevation. In the context of using it on a GT350, my position that commensurate GT350 front aero, meaning canards, splitter, hood vents, be used, ala the GT4 cars. These pieces are available from Multimatic and absolutely work together. They were tunnel tested and have been race proven.

Nope, replying to the OP. He's wanting to use GT500 front clip aero parts on his GT350 which is not a good idea. The GT500 wing is perfectly fine on a GT350. Half of it is fine, the other half, no beuno.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I love how much of the grill is blocked off because the heat exchangers aren't big enough to match the openings.
Exactly. What a travesty. I love the description too. MOST POWERFUL MUSTANG FRONT END EVER!!! And we though only decals added horsepower.........