Sponsored

Mustang "Lithium" Battery Electric Prototype Signals Future With 900+ HP / 1000 FT-LBS Torque!

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
I would see some of those in really small towns on the way from a place with civilization to another place with civilization. Lift the nozzle out of the pump, rotate the handle and begin pumping. The dials were more satisfying to watch compared to the digital readouts we have now.

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
We will get what the 'powers that be' tell us we're getting.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I wish Ford would have spent all this $ on something useful. I believe only millenials and folks younger would show positive support for electric vehicles or actually buy one.. ...My wish list for that money would have been production facilities and workers trained who can actually build cars with body panels that line up properly, and paint that doesn't crater and pit when bugs (sometimes seemingly just a gust of air) hit the front of the car and cause chips/damage at a rapid rate. Watching Ford spending money like this on a future that is uncertain while year after year ignoring the lack of quality issues that already plague our brand is all I see right now. Rant over...
Ford is not a bottle of tequila.. they can't fix everyone's problems.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion it's not right for the government to take those engines away from us.
I agree with you 100% but remember those who are in charge in the government know whats best for us dumb common people they'll just shove it down our throats.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I agree with you 100% but remember those who are in charge in the government know whats best for us dumb common people they'll just shove it down our throats.
I know, right... they banned horses from the highways back when cars started taking over and look how bad that turned out! Consumers (the market) always prevails. People buy what they want and companies respond. Thus, sedans are going extinct while pick-ups and SUV's are taking over. Porsche recently came out with their new Taycan and the performance is pretty mind-boggling. Like I've said before, electric cars will be the norm and people will buy niche gas powered cars for fun just like people today buy horses for recreation.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I know, right... they banned horses from the highways back when cars started taking over and look how bad that turned out! Consumers (the market) always prevails. People buy what they want and companies respond.
This is true someone asked Edsel Ford for why they quit building the Lincoln K series he said We didn't quit building them people quit buying them. I'm ok with the market determining what cars we drive but some elitest life time politician telling me he knows what's best for me and you pisses me off.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
I'm not against electric cars I may even buy a Mach E after it's been out for a year or two.
I a few electric cars (Traxxas) lol
4 wheel drive electric Mustang .... It doesn't hurt so bad when it hits the crowds

Last edited:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I know, right... they banned horses from the highways back when cars started taking over and look how bad that turned out! Consumers (the market) always prevails. People buy what they want and companies respond. Thus, sedans are going extinct while pick-ups and SUV's are taking over. Porsche recently came out with their new Taycan and the performance is pretty mind-boggling. Like I've said before, electric cars will be the norm and people will buy niche gas powered cars for fun just like people today buy horses for recreation.

Yikes! No. Horses were never banned from highways. City streets started putting unreasonable restrictions on their waste disposal, but that was more for disease concerns. Hell, New York still uses them extensively in law enforcement.

Horses also continue to be the best equipment for large livestock operations. Horses are much more agile than any wheeled vehicle. They are definitely not just for recreation.

...and amazingly enough, when one horse gets worn out you don't try to recharge it and continue... you use another while the first one rests.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And I’m pretty sure the current crop of lithium batteries are recyclable
it does not make any economic sense to recycle the batteries. Batteries contain only a small fraction of lithium carbonate as a percent of weight and are inexpensive compared to cobalt or nickel. The average lithium cost associated with Li-ion battery production is less than 3% of the production cost. Intrinsic value for the Li-ion recycling business currently comes from the valuable metals such as cobalt and nickel that are more highly priced than lithium. Due to less demand for lithium and low prices, almost none of the lithium used in consumer batteries is completely recycled.

While lithion is 100% recyclable, currently economics do not add up to recycle it

Recycled lithium is as much as five times the cost of lithium produced from the least costly brine based process. It is not competitive for recycling companies to extract lithium from slag, or competitive for the OEMs to buy at higher price points from recycling companies.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The problem is the average person is dumb. Look how many safety warnings we need because some idiot did something that was OBVIOUSLY stupid and then filed a suit for it and somehow won, or resulted in warnings needing to be posted. Look how many people have been driving or using a PC for decades but still have 0 idea how they function on even a basic level.

The average person is a total fucking idiot. Common sense is NOT common anymore.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The problem is the average person is dumb. Look how many safety warnings we need because some idiot did something that was OBVIOUSLY stupid and then filed a suit for it and somehow won, or resulted in warnings needing to be posted. Look how many people have been driving or using a PC for decades but still have 0 idea how they function on even a basic level.

The average person is a total fucking idiot. Common sense is NOT common anymore.
I think that may be just a little strong. They may now be as informed as us "enthusiasts" but they are not "all" idiots. Just most of them :)

And I think we need to stop blaming the government, our government, for everything. I'm not saying they are blameless but some good is done along with the not so good. Energy use is a worldwide issue. The US just uses more of it partially due to our lifelong love of the automobile. Alternative means of propulsion are going to be necessary as fossil fuels are not going to be available forever.

Anyone remember the mid 70's? We thought performance was dead. We were all going to be driving around in compact cars. Well look where we are now. I do not know what the performance landscape is going to look like it 10 to 20 years but I truly believe that there will be one for us to enjoy.
Sponsored