Sponsored

The Complicated Calculus - Selling Your Car For The GT500

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
First you say "no politics" and then you make a post like this. My opinion is that if you think ICEs are bad, you should give your GT350 to me. Don't worry, I will dispose of it properly.

Thanks.
Can you quote what I wrote that made you think I think ICE are bad?

Can you further quote what in my post was political or non-objective (excepting my commentary on Epiphany's use of "ideology")?
Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
If you don't recognize where Jalopnik sits in terms of politics, I can't help you.
That is irrelevant, generally; the point was I agreed with you that the linked piece was on point. But you seem immune to that fact.
The rest of us see the urban bubble for what it is. Failure.
On what metrics are you basing your assertion?

If wealth, productivity, health, employment, life expectancy, and net attraction of residents are measures of success in a region, rural areas are significantly lagging metro areas. Small metros have been improving relative to large metros, though. All that aside ... how is that comment even relevant to the thread?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
We get it. Your candidate didn't win. Automotive enthusiasts and common sense did. The pushback ensues.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
We get it. Your candidate didn't win. Automotive enthusiasts and common sense did. The pushback ensues.
And how is that relevant to anything I've written? C'mon man, answer a question. I don't think you're stupid, but it's not intelligent people who sit back and throw insults with no substance. So I'm left wondering why you keep branching off like this. Seriously, go back and copy/paste any assertion I've written in this thread and tell me how it is not factual.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You've gone off the deep end my friend. You can't be that simple. The push comes from one direction. Without commensurate pushback and groups like SEMA, the calendar to boredom gets accelerated. I'm here for my love of the automobile and in a traditional sense and that directly implies the freedom to roam, unrestricted. The inner city utopia doesn't work for the rest of the country. Quibble if you must but at least half of the country hasn't bought into the hype.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
You've gone off the deep end my friend. You can't be that simple. The push comes from one direction.
Be more specific, because you've bounced all over. Push for electric cars? If you are asserting that's a politically-based push that OEMs are simply bowing down to, you need to provide evidence for that. However, you've brought up a bunch of other off-topic comments and accusations, so I'm no longer sure what you're talking about.

Without commensurate pushback and groups like SEMA, the calendar to boredom gets accelerated.
I'm here for my love of the automobile and in a traditional sense and that directly implies the freedom to roam, unrestricted.
So, you're changing arguments again. Now it seems like you're implying that a market transition toward greater share of electric cars is antithetical to freedom to roam. That is a new accusation, also off-topic, and also unsupported. Can you say more? As for boredom, go back to my very first post.
1) That's a matter of opinion
2) If BEVs are indeed boring, there will be demand for fun versions and we will get them (things like the Taycan suggest that's not exactly a pipe dream)
3) ICE cars aren't going away anytime soon, and in some settings, never
4) If you think "unrestricted" exists, you are the one off the deep end. If your joy is riding a moped, guess what? You can't legally operate on the interstate. And you can't legally operate any ICE vehicle built after 1973 without some form of emissions controls. So what exactly are you asking for? Be specific, or risk sounding like a petulant whiner who is resisting change with no basis for that resistance in logic

The inner city utopia doesn't work for the rest of the country. Quibble if you must but at least half of the country hasn't bought into the hype.
Well here, again, this is a bizarre offshoot of the conversation and, again, you're lobbing big statements that mean nothing. Define "inner city utopia." And factually, 80% of the population lives in what the Census Bureau defines as "urbanized areas," and 70%+ lives in "highly dense urbanized areas," so the one concrete statement you made in your little rant here is demonstrably false. On top of the distribution, which is a static metric, is the rate of change: over the last decade, urban populations increased 12.1% while the net national population change was 9.7%, which signals a net shift from rural to urban. That means your statement is getting more wrong every single day.

But it's clear you're not interested in a cogent, fact-based discussion and instead want to fling poo like an angry chimpanzee. That is totally fine, but acknowledge what you're doing here - which is trolling.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Fair enough. We can play the "so guess which side wants this but you aren't allowed to respond with Left or Right game."
Or we could not play games and simply focus the conversation in this thread on "The Complicated Calculus - Selling Your Car for the GT500" and put the political discussions in the right place.

I can see that train already left the station though, so that COA is no longer feasible...

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The train left the station the moment BMWfan was triggered.

BMWfan, you're too easily trolled. There's a time and a place for more than mere poo flinging as it were. Enjoy your internal combustion engine'd car while you still can and good luck in future endeavors.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The train left the station the moment BMWfan was triggered.

BMWfan, you're too easily trolled. There's a time and a place for more than mere poo flinging as it were. Enjoy your internal combustion while you still can and good luck in future endeavors.
Coming from the only one to both fling poo and not offer any factually valid information in the entire thread, that's rich. Also use of the word "triggered" generally paints you as someone mindlessly lapping up others' talking points rather than thinking for yourself. For someone who obviously has the capability to do better, that's pretty sad, but it's certainly not uncommon.

As for SEMA:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sh...stang-lithium-concept-pictures-specs-hp-info/

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have much to learn and a long way to go. Stay strong.

As for governmental mandates:
How-to-Charge-Your-Electric-Vehicle-Using-a-Portable-Generator.jpg

OniVita

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 PP
If I owned a gt350, I would have never thought about selling it to get a gt500. But in my situation owning a manual whippled 2016 gt.... I feel I'm lost lol
Parting with it after all the mods is painful but again owning a GT after the 500 being released makes me feel....
Sponsored