corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Isn't part of the blame usually linked to the rear shock mounts as well on these cars?
Not sure. I know I've heard the term 'bind' mentioned in connection with the OE shock mounts.

Normally I'd expect any 'binding' or requirement for off-axis rotation at a joint that uses a fairly firm bushing material to introduce a bit of harshness instead. Not necessarily an unpleasant or uncomfortable amount, but a less smooth willingness to deform as necessary because higher induced forces would be involved.

Norm
Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Well I found my issue with the crazy ride I've had lately, my drivers rear wheel hub is shot. I can wiggle the wheel up/down/left/right. Guess I'll be calling the dealer and demanding a loaner this time since this is the only car I have home right now.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I breakout in cold sweats when thinking about BMW, Audi, Porsche repair costs, I’m around enough of them to know. Nice cars don’t get me wrong but the costs are real and expensive. Then again this all comes down to disposable income.
I agree with Audi and Porsche, but I wouldn’t pool BMW into the costly or hard-to-maintain mix. I think BMW gets a bad rap because many of their owners are hypochondriacs with maintenance, and many don’t do their own maintenance.

We just test drove a 2016 340i 6MT yesterday. I was quite impressed, though it was lacking in features that the GT premium has and I would expect in a used $30k German “compact luxury sedan” (no heated seats, no rear view camera, etc.) Looking forward to your feedback - both on the B6s and on the 340i!
The below link gives my impressions of the Bilsteins. I only installed the shocks, so please keep that in mind.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...b6-bilstein-shocks-drive-review.130849/page-2

As far as the 340i, my big statement is get the M Sport package so you get the BMW sport seats. The base seats are a joke, and the sport seats are some of the best in the market.

The turbo inline 6 is a gift from the heavens (I so LOVE inline 6s) and sounds great, the handling is crisp and accurate, and the ride is smooth and very refined. All expected positives from a 3 series BMW.

As for the bad, I wish the steering was still the hydraulic unit from the E90/E92. It was SO good that it pains me to drive the new BMW. I’m also not 100% on the looks of the 4-door, and having M badges all over a M-sport makes me feel like a true M car poser.

The Mustang is for sure a more fun car. The interior is surprisingly competitive and the seats are glorious. It looks better too, imo, than any other car in its price range (and for many above), and the waves and thumbs-up from the general population always prompts a smile (I usually received middle fingers when driving my BMWs).

In the end, the Bilsteins have given me the hope and willpower I need to stay on the Mustang train. I think the Bilsteins will keep you and the wife on board too, so long as you don’t get nuts with stiff springs.

Last edited:

1stBluesCup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP, '07 Miata MX-5, 2006 Tundra SR5
I put on the Steeda ProAction dampers just on the rear of my '17 PP per BMac's recommendation to soften up the neck-jarring ride. It helped a little, I guess. I know it might take a few months for the dampers to settle in, but, the ride still needs improvement.
Probably should replace the front struts also to balance it out. I just don't want to change out springs if I can help it. So, the jury is still out on the Steeda's. The car still has a ways to go to rival my Miata's ride.

1stBluesCup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP, '07 Miata MX-5, 2006 Tundra SR5
Last time i checked, the Koni yellows were only adjustable in rebound, not compression like most think. And on my 2013 GT they were stiff. Stiffer than stock track pac shocks and probably equivalent to Ford Racing (non adjustable) that i also ran.
STIFFER THAN OEM TRACK PACK SHOCKS???? Hurts my neck just thinking about that!

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I didn't read every post so...

Have you thought about adding the Steeda IRS braces? I had some of your complaints and the braces took out 90% of the bouncies.
Sponsored