Sponsored

Shelby Dragon Snake GT500

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Sigh........another thread devolved into name calling and silly mem's.....

At any rate, the DCT in the car I think is a good thing. Should they offer a manual ? Perhaps....Perhaps not. I'm sure the data will be looked at and perhaps they will change their minds. Or perhaps they looked at the data of lock-out issues, and other problems that plague the 11~14 Gt500's transmission and decided well let's try this....

Just a thought.

DIB2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 H.E GT350; 1968 Ford Bronco Sport
Shelby American is a joke. What's next? The Shelby Dragon Trouser Snake edition, with 27 d*ck emblems around the car. They used to make great cars.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Shelby American is a joke. What's next? The Shelby Dragon Trouser Snake edition, with 27 d*ck emblems around the car. They used to make great cars.
When? The 60's? Most of the stuff has just been aftermarket parts bolted to cars other people produced. I thought there was some hope with the Series 1, and I get that selling overpriced bolt ons to boomers is more profitable, but i would love to see them actually develop and manufacture some parts.

I guess growing up in the DSM world where everyone had an engineer friend and we had to make our own shit is different. That scene spawned some serious innovators and fabricators like Magnus Motorsports, AMS, ShepTrans, and Fathouse Fabrications.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
OK, this is funny. Thanks for the laugh

Sponsored

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
Cobra jet was way cooler. But this thing is probably seriously fast. Shelby america aint messing around im sure.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I am not a big fan of the wheels being polished, and the decals (Dragon snake & lettering along the rockers), but otherwise I love it.

Edit: I think it just may be the dragon snake decal that's not doing it for me. The more I look at the rocker decals, I like them. Especially if the snakes were gone.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Way too much going on. It screams I have a small penis. Way overdone.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking car even with the snake graphic

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Shelby American just needs some vision.

For years, they had become a glorified tuner company with a great history to their name.

But it's like the company has been stuck in time. Either unwilling or more unlikely, unable to change.

Get some fresh vision with the visuals and branding.

Obviously, the tech know-how is there. But even then, they only try so hard. Basically "more power."

Love to see them really invest in serious engineering for the modern age and serious visual representation for people who have long ago modernized beyond "Dragon Snake" being something considered cool.

Just looking at the typography on the cars stickers (that's basically what they are), the snake graphic, the early 2000s wheels, the name, the seat pattern, the homemade looking wing, the cheap side hood vents, and the whatever that is on the rockers, they basically took a supermodel looking car and beat it with an ugly stick that dated it quite a bit.

I have not idea how this passed inspection unless they really don't want to sell many.

When Ford gives them a 500 to bolt Ford's stuff onto the car according to Ford engineering specs, it will be epic. Left to themselves? IDK.

I hate to be critical, but dang. Hope they take some risks and either hire someone to do a drastic redesign and rebrand or take their current team uncharge fo such things and send them off to some vacation and modern design conferences unrelated to the tuner auto industry to get inspired.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Hello 1999, you just dated this car back 20 years....not my liking at all, graphics, wheels, wing.......yuck

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP