Sponsored

Who is happy with the "supplied" FI tune?

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
This is not true on the 18's.. I have the Roush kit on my 18 and it will happily go to 155mph. But, you are correct about the dyno... I dyno'd mine and it kicked in around 6500rpm in 7th gear. (a stock car will do this too)

Regarding drivability, the Roush tune is pretty good. As mentioned above though, it has numerous protection strategies that can prevent you from putting the power to the ground easily.

View media item 15142
All I can tell you is about my 13 GT. The roush 575 phase 1 kit limited it to 135. I know. I have no problem opening a car up on an open no traffic stretch of road. Hopefully Roush has learned the lesson since then.
Sponsored

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
I have been very satisfied with my Edelbrock Stage 1 93 octane tune. No surging, no hesitation as reported by some. Car is a lot of fun at WOT and drives completely stock during normal driving. It's also nice peace of mind to have some sort of warranty coverage in case something fails.

shravanj

Threads
Reaction score
Website
shravanj.com
First Name
Shravan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
+1 on the quality of drivability on the Roush stock tune. The main thing I'd like to see on the next tune update is improvements to the shift schedule in Sport and Sport+. Still isn't as smooth as the Ford factory tune but other than that it's pretty solid for a street daily driver.
Sponsored