geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Hello all,
So Ford recently bought back my 2019 GT, manual, non-PP car. I replaced it with a 2020 GT, manual, non-PP car. Keep in mind I was driving both of these cars on the same day at one point, so I think I'm pretty aware of the actual changes initially.

Here are the things I have noticed that are different:

1) My "2k rattle" is quieter. I think they did something to quiet the direct injection down. It is still present in the same places, but much more "muffled". It really really does seem to be reduced compared to the 2019, which always sounded about the same in volume with its 2k rattle from day 1.

2) My clutch pedal feels different. It is somehow smoother and less jerky. Is it possible something changed with the clutch spring or something like that to give a different feel? I am able to engage it easier and more smoothly, if that describes the difference in a simple way. I am newer to manual driving, but I really notice a difference here and am having an easier time, simply put.

3) My interior has more small creaks. My 2019 had a more "solid" feeling interior, with no bad creaks or rattles after 9 months. My 2020 doesn't have a specific rattle that I can pinpoint, but overall feels more loose/creaky. I am hoping some of this settles down.

4) My doors all require harder slams to shut properly. They only close "halfway" if I only slam them sorta-hard. I am guessing they will wear in over time and not be so finicky.

I have no comment on any ticks or anything. My 2019 ticked, this one hasn't shown the tick that I have noticed yet but I am waiting for it and expecting it.

Anyone else have a 2020 and notice anything else different? Picture attached for attention!

2020VBMustang.jpg
Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can't add much other than to say that my '18 interior has some creaks as well. It had a full-on rattle until I took it in for some warranty work, and they replaced a dash panel. Other than that, it's just some creaking over rough roads, but doesn't feel too bad. I think build quality on Mustangs is just a big variable.

Oh, and one more thing - I like that photo :)

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Nice car why was the first one bought back? My car is identical in appearance to yours good choice!

mustang.jpg

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Nice car why was the first one bought back? My car is identical in appearance to yours good choice!
Very nice car!

I had ordered a Magnetic Metallic GT and it came with paint missing under the clear coat just about everywhere on the car. A lot of worrying and headaches and 5 1/2 months later, here we are.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Very nice car!

I had ordered a Magnetic Metallic GT and it came with paint missing under the clear coat just about everywhere on the car. A lot of worrying and headaches and 5 1/2 months later, here we are.
Thank you! I love the damned thing! Its way better than the 2013 Camaro SS I had in every way. I'm sorry to hear of the hassle you went through but glad you are back in a sweet ride with no looking back now!

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
My clutch pedal feels different.
the system was probably bled better. Check the feeder hose on the reservoir and see if it has slack in it or if it's tight as a banjo string. If latter, shove the hose good and up onto the barbs and secure with a zip tie.
My doors all require harder slams to shut properly.
Are your windows properly coming down a fraction on opening the door and then go back up after you close the door? If this function isn't working correctly, the air-pressure can fight closure.

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Are your windows properly coming down a fraction on opening the door and then go back up after you close the door? If this function isn't working correctly, the air-pressure can fight closure.
Good comment! I will watch for this.

As far as the clutch feel goes, I think it's a noticeable improvement so I don't want to touch anything!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
your clutch will progressively perform worse if after 5 years of manufacture Ford *STILL* has the hose cut too short. Preserve the current feel by making sure the problem is addressed before it rears its head.

Deleted member 43513

How did you go from a 19' to a 20' did you sell it privately?

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Ya pretty sure they didn’t change a damn thing other then colors . Everything mentioned is different car to car . And the clutch spring needs to be taken out or replaced with one from steeda it’s way better

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
My doors needed a good shove to close them but by about 2k miles they had become normal - just the seals settling in

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Ya pretty sure they didn’t change a damn thing other then colors . Everything mentioned is different car to car . And the clutch spring needs to be taken out or replaced with one from steeda it’s way better
I have heard about the Steeda spring but never tried it!

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
My doors needed a good shove to close them but by about 2k miles they had become normal - just the seals settling in
Thanks! I was hoping for something like this to be the case.
Sponsored