Sponsored

Electric Mustang concept video (not official)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Please note - this is not a Ford product/video (I assume it's a design student study)

This just popped up on my YouTube feed.............pretty interesting and a lot of time has clearly been spent on this. LOVE the interior....and the front and side profiles are pretty nice, but the back end lack the signature triple tail lamps, so that's a miss for me.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Please note - this is not a Ford product/video (I assume it's a design student study)

This just popped up on my YouTube feed.............pretty interesting and a lot of time has clearly been spent on this. LOVE the interior....and the front and side profiles are pretty nice, but the back end lack the signature triple tail lamps, so that's a miss for me.

I would buy that if:

1) It was real and remained designed to exactly what is in the video - both the car and charging station.

2) There was a way to charge it once arriving to work.

Good post.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Ford pease take note cause that was awesome. Sign me up if it's close to that

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I actually like the exaggerated fender flaring both front and rear...very Ford GT40 like in my opinion which WAS/IS still the pinnacle for Ford design as far as I am concerned....if they'd ditch that 1/4 glass and smooth that rear line out a bit more I think it would look even better. That said....I'm still a firm NO on any electric variant or anything, especially the Mustang, unless that is it can run 400 miles between a charge, and you give me a free charging station for my house and install it for free, then I'm a MAYBE/NO.
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Paul, thanks for posting. Damn, now that's what I called "inspired". If the future is electric this would be a nice way to go.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
OMFG... Mustang GTE..!
That render is sick, I would love to hear where Ford might go with this in reality. Or if that is what they are envisioning..

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
To bad the actual one will look nothing like that lol . I think it will be a while before we see a true electric mustang . The suv thing idk I think it’s going to fall on its face . We shall see soon

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
The interior screams Camaro to me.

Also they kept the same headlight switch that's in every Ford.. lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The ponys on the speaker grilles HAVE to become a thing :like:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
One very minor adjustment... in keeping with the iconic style of the Mustang, the rear 1/4 panel before the rear wheel should be angled the opposite way to form the classic “C” body line. Right now when looking at the vehicle from the side, that mid section between the front and rear fenders is a trapezoid... it looks odd, so if slanting the rearward line the opposite way, it would look so much better.

I do agree the tails should be the classic tri-bar, but I do see what he was going for with the classic Shelby tails. The classic 67-68 Shelby tails were not the tribar, they were elongated and IIRC, they resembled those of the Cougar (and were sequential signals).

Other than adjusting the slope of the rear 1/4 in front of the rear wheel, I wouldn’t change anything.

I’d just like to know when THAT will make it into real production ...:thumbsup:
Sponsored