Burning oil

Shlumbug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Detek
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I have around 14,500 miles on my bullitt. I have been using amsoil 5w30 since the first oil change at around 4000 miles. And I’ve done one additional oil change since the initial change. I’ve noticed I’m burning what I would consider lot of oil though and I can smell it when my windows are down at a stop light for instance. Seems I’m burning about a quart every 2500 miles or so mostly highway driving. Is this normal for everyone else?
Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
I have around 14,500 miles on my bullitt. I have been using amsoil 5w30 since the first oil change at around 4000 miles. And I’ve done one additional oil change since the initial change. I’ve noticed I’m burning what I would consider lot of oil though and I can smell it when my windows are down at a stop light for instance. Seems I’m burning about a quart every 2500 miles or so mostly highway driving. Is this normal for everyone else?
If you're burning that much oil during that period of time and there are no leaks, I would suggest having the car looked at.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Nope. That is not normal, this is not the voodoo race engine that the 350s / 500s have.

If you can smell it, chances are there is something up.

There are a few threads about coyotes burning oil. Most of them are post mod thread so as long as your car is still stock, I would take it to the dealer and use your 3/36. It could be something as "simple" as a seal leak. Just check under your car and make sure there is no damage before dropping off at the dealer so they can't hit you with the, "you must have caught a rock; we wont cover this".

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Nope. That is not normal, this is not the voodoo race engine that the 350s / 500s have.

If you can smell it, chances are there is something up.

There are a few threads about coyotes burning oil. Most of them are post mod thread so as long as your car is still stock, I would take it to the dealer and use your 3/36. It could be something as "simple" as a seal leak. Just check under your car and make sure there is no damage before dropping off at the dealer so they can't hit you with the, "you must have caught a rock; we wont cover this".
If it were a voodoo 1qt every 1000 miles would be normal.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
If it were a voodoo 1qt every 1000 miles would be normal.
That is what I was implying. Sorry if it came across offensive to the voodoo crowd. If I could drop one in the bullitt I would.
Sponsored