Sponsored

How many people have gotten letters from angry neighbors over their exhaust?

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Yes sir, I’m running the black series MBRP axle back aka muffler deletes with SR performance x pipe.

And living in a Condo right next to all kinds of people.

WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING ?

Obviously you wasn't ... lol :shock:

Do You still have the stock exhaust ?

I'd throw that back on and sell the the other stuff and save up for a active exhaust system.

Good Luck
Sponsored

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Problem is I live in a condo complex with many other residents. I’ve gotten a couple letters in regards to the loud exhaust and have since got one from a law firm.

Question I have for all of you, have you experienced anything like this and how did you remedy? I really only have a couple options....

1. Sell the MBRP axle back and put stock back on.

2. Find another axle back that has mufflers to replace

3. Try to add some sort of muffler/resonator into the axle back system

Let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!
Buy active exhaust. I am a car guy but will not pretend like I am excited to hear someones cold engine start on a regular basis in a neighborhood. This is not the place.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
hey all, so I’m trying to decide how to go about remedying the situation I’m in currently with my car. Have a 2019 GT, first thing I did was install an x pipe when I got and loved how it woke the car up. I’ve since added a MBRP axle back to it and it finally sounds the way I feel it should be from factory. I mean the car is really angry on cold starts overnight for the first minute but it calms down.

Problem is I live in a condo complex with many other residents. I’ve gotten a couple letters in regards to the loud exhaust and have since got one from a law firm.
MBRP looks like muffler deletes. Move to a ghetto condo / apartment. They tend to be less fussy about noise.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Choice 1:

Move.

Either get a residence in the hillside where you can do whatever you want with no neighbors, or move to an area where your additional “noise” won’t bother everyone and their mother because it’s being blended in with tons of other noises.

Choice 2:

If by City, Town or Provincial noise ordinances you are not breaking any written law - the Condo ASSociation can go scratch. Let them send you all the letters they want. When you moved there, does it state ANYWHERE in their by-laws that people can only drive certain types of vehicles or that their vehicles must sound a certain way? If it’s not in their by-laws and you’re not breaking any ordinances, they don’t have anything on you at all. They can send you all the intimidation letters they want, they would have to prove without a doubt that you are breaking a local law OR one of their Condo By-laws, and to what extent.

Are there any Harley Owners who start up their bikes and rattle glass? Are they getting letters?

Good luck.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
hey all, so I’m trying to decide how to go about remedying the situation I’m in currently with my car. Have a 2019 GT, first thing I did was install an x pipe when I got and loved how it woke the car up. I’ve since added a MBRP axle back to it and it finally sounds the way I feel it should be from factory. I mean the car is really angry on cold starts overnight for the first minute but it calms down.

Question I have for all of you, have you experienced anything like this and how did you remedy? I really only have a couple options....

1. Sell the MBRP axle back and put stock back on.

2. Find another axle back that has mufflers to replace

3. Try to add some sort of muffler/resonator into the axle back system

Let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!
What did you think was gonna happen with all that loudness at a condo complex? Lil common sense goes a long ways. If Condo lawyers are involved, you're eff'ed. Buy a house then tell any complainers to go pound sand.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sir, I’m running the black series MBRP axle back aka muffler deletes with SR performance x pipe. I’ve been researching the Magnaflow Tru x resonated x but was unsure just how much effect it would have on my axle back?

Thought about some 12” resonators, did you mount yours in your H pipe?
please don't call me Sir. I did 20 years in Navy as enlisted, lol. The Tru X will make your car sound great with the MBRP and not be too loud. Yes, the resonators went in after the h section but they will not take your car to the levels that may be needed to keep your neighbors away. The Tru X will.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
could just tune the cold starts out.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I’m trying to decide how to go about remedying the situation I’m in currently w/my car. I have a 2019 GT. THE 1st thing I did was install an X-pipe. I’ve since added a MBRP axle back to it & it finally sounds the way I feel it should be from factory.
My points may have already been addressed, but I don't feel like reading four (4) pages to make that determination, so here's the deal ...

1) I am pretty sure that your move-in documents clearly have a 'noise' policy. And while it most likely is NOT quantified, all it takes it one complaint to make it a valid issue. If there are two (2) or more (as appears to be the case here), you are SOL.

2) If you have a non-adjustable exhaust system on your Mustang, & it is OE & NOT modified, your neighbors MAY have to live w/it. It will be a grey area. Hell, even the original 1965 GT350s were cited in a number of states for an excessively loud exhaust. Shelby's fix was to merely retain the OE (Ford) dual exhaust w/rear exit (v. the side exit).

3) If you have an adjustable exhaust system on your Mustang, & it is OE & NOT modified, set it for the quiet mode coming/going from your complex ... & this means completely OFF the entire premises before altering the exhaust setting.

4) If you have modified ANY part of the exhaust system (which appears to be the case here) that affects the OE noise level, you have two options: A) Change it back to OE specs or B) Park your Mustang OFF the condo premises.

5) And despite what another reader stated, you are the ONLY person responsible for any/all costs involved in retro-fitting the OE or otherwise noise compliant exhaust system on your Mustang.

Good luck in your fight for "truth, justice & the American way." :sunglasses:

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Irregardless of the law you need to review your condo's by-laws and HOA's. Depending you may be SOL as far as noise.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
After reading the laws below, I am happy I do not live in Canada. I have, however, been to Ontario many times, I am 30 miles from the border.
------------------------------

Ontario Canada Bill 229, 2007 An Act to amend the Highway Traffic Act with respect to muffler noise

https://www.ola.org/en/legislative-business/bills/parliament-38/session-2/bill-229
No person shall operate a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle equipped with a muffler cut-out, straight exhaust, gutted muffler, hollywood muffler, by-pass or similar device.

EXPLANATORY NOTE

The Bill amends the Highway Traffic Act to prohibit the operation of a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle that is not equipped with an operational muffler, in good working order, that prevents excessive or unusual noise and smoke. The installation and modification of mufflers to increase sound output is also prohibited, as is the operation of a motor vehicle or motor assisted bicycle that produces noise above the allowed levels.

SCHEDULE V.1 (Section 5) Noise Emissions (Standard 1106)
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/C.R.C.,_c._1038/section-sched6.html

(b) until September 1, 2019, when tested in accordance with SAE Recommended Practice J986, Sound Level for Passenger Cars and Light Trucks (August 1994), the sound level does not exceed
(ii) 80 dBA when a value of 2 dBA is subtracted from the reported sound level referred to in section 4.6 of that Recommended Practice, in the case of a passenger car regardless of its GVWR or any other vehicle with a GVWR of 2,722 kg or less.

Sponsored

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
Funny how inconsiderate some of you a-holes are on here Lol!!
If you decide to live in a complex with others, its common sense to be considerate... I had to put up with islamic chanting/calling over a speaker phone 3-4 times a day when i was in Malaysia. Drove me nuts.

IF you really dont want to change your exhaust get the tune which lowers your idle upon start up, i think most tuners offer that option?
Good luck!!

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I had this situation with a KTM RC8. Had Quat-D pipes fitted and it was loud! A few 5am starts had the neighbors whinging, so I put the factory pipe back on it. Didn't sound as good, but no more complaints and people got the impression I was being responsible... Obviously that was just an illusion, but hey, problem solved.

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Active exhaust in quiet mode 24x7. Then I switch it up once I'm out of the neighborhood. And I drive super slow, smile and wave at the neighbors. It's all good in my neighborhood.