Sponsored

Barber MSP report from Trackday 10/28/19. Comments?

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
2019, GT, MT82, PP1, Magneride, Steeda Performance Progressive Lowering Springs, changed all fluids to Racing Hi-Pro Fluids (Brake, Diff, Trans, Full Sync Oil).
Beautiful day at Barber MSP. Fog delayed the start. About 49 Degrees F in the Morning, warmed to around 74 F by late afternoon.
Complete 4 - 30min sessions w/ instructor.
Stated with tires at 30lbs cold, let off more air as day warmed. Still TPS was showing 35lbs at the end of the sessions. Michelin Pilot Sport Tire on Barber’s new surface. Tires squealing around most all hairpin turns. Top G’s on force meter was 1.11. (Got 1.14G’s in July at Road Atlanta). I’m thinking I could have let out more air to target 32-33lbs hot for better grip. What do you all target for hot pressure?
Was hitting 102-103 mph on the two long straights. Ok I guess. Car doesn’t feel as quick when you are running with a bunch of other “fast” cars. Seems like it takes a long time for RPMs/HP to build-up.
For the Steeda Springs, could not tell a bit of difference from stock PP1 springs. Maybe they are a bit softer, which is going in the wrong direction IMO. Didn’t lower the car much at all either. That was probably a waste of money.
Near the end of the 3rd session car went into limp mode with a yellow engine light. Steady light. Not flashing. All temps seemed to be in the “green” according to the gauges. Only thing we could think of is that we accidentally left the air conditioning on. Diff temp was ok at this point as was coolant, oil, etc.
At the end of the 4th session, did get a diff over heat warning. Although diff temp was not in the red yet according to the gauge, and car did not go into limp mode. I think this was some type of pre-warning. We pitted on that lap. Gauge did show high diff temp. But was not yet in the Red. Had about another 1/4 to go.
Sponsored

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Anytime at Barbers is a good day. I have an 18 PP1 and it is completely normal for the car to not feel fast there. The gearing is sightly tall for this tight track. Once you get the corners solid you should be able to max out third gear, I think it's like 112.
It's a tricky track, just don't take unnecessary risks there( was there today and lots of folks getting their cars towed).

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes that sounds about right. I hit the limiter with a good run just before braking for T1. But it's 4th in a 2015, but still right around 112 with the slightly shorter than stock 305/35s.

With all the up and down, and blind apexs it's hard to nail the line. And the car moves around a lot making the suspension feel too soft/under damped.

Did you run the November 2-3 Rezoom event Dman? It was already full by the time I tried to register.

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Did you run the November 2-3 Rezoom event Dman? It was already full by the time I tried to register.
Sure did, I think they got a Feb/Mach one lined up so maybe see you out then.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
How much difference did the repave make?

Did you get your new suspension in the car? Happy with it?

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
How much difference did the repave make?
Did you get your new suspension in the car? Happy with it?
The repave was interesting, it was super smooth feeling but didn't feel real grippie to me.
Man, the suspension.. I have had a bit of an issue but don't to hang the installer out to dry on the forums.
I think I could be happy with it but currently don't feel very confident with it. Hopefully by the next event
things will be better.
Sponsored