Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
DT: One of my FAVORITE albums, amigo and I well remember the first time I heard some of the cuts.

It was a very early morning in Keflavic, Iceland and I was at the squadron's little gedunk store to get a little chow. The seaman running the store had a boom box playing, "Good Times Roll." I was hooked and bought it soon thereafter. I even have a turntable to play all my old vinyl and I JUST listened to that one the other day, no kidding. What a hoot...and thanks for the memories.

But, I gotta tell ya, I have never had "that thought" about "Moving in Stereo" but it makes PERFECT SENSE. <smile> Good one.

Finally, I didn't know about his death, may he rest in Peace and thanks for the tunes, dude.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
@kilobravo When Ric Ocasek died the other week, I put The Cars first album in heavy rotation - is there anyone who hears Moving in Stereo and doesn't think about, well, you know ... :D
18650.jpg

Yep, I can see it. You in your lounge chair, beer in hand, lights turned down low, listening to the cars with your mask on.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
There are all kinds of Mustangs... (anyone want to name them all..?)

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Did someone say that these cars are suppose attract the ladies, if so, I have had my 2013 for over 6 years and the only female that it has attracted is a little old lady who flipped me off, I would like to think it was an offer. If it is suppose to attract the ladies, something is definitely broke on my car and I will have to get with my dealer to have it repaired. Only problem is, I don't know if I am physically capable of holding up my end once the car is repaired.
You can hire someone to help you hold your end.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
trust me, there will come a day your slowing down in a ~45mph zone with kids walking by, you will rev-match downshift with the pipes open, and kids will turn around in awe, maybe even give youa thumbs up.. that happened to me in the M3. i rememebr that day lol..

"I finally made it, I impressed a random 13yr old"
Other day i went to pick up a O2 sensor on my lunch, heading back i guess the kids were out of school. thought i would hit the 2 step for them as i drove by.. when i was a kid id have loved that. Then i thought maybe id trigger them and they think it was gun shots. So i decided not to be the rice civic like my neighbor a couple houses down. None looked up anyway from their cell phones as i drove by.. probably wouldn't have cared either way..

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's in the small print. :)

2014-2015 Chevy Camaro Z/28
The supercharged Camaro ZL1 may seem like the more direct competitor to the new GT500 but we opted instead for the more track-focused Z/28 model. Since we already had a supercharged GM car on the list, we wanted to offer a unique take with the Z/28. This Camaro was powered by a 7.0-liter V8 producing 505 hp going out to the rear wheels through a manual transmission only. It won't beat the GT500 around a track but like the GT350, it offers more driver involvement if you prefer a challenge. Used prices start just under $40,000.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
The 1LT to 3LT isn't huge as far as differences... as almost any interior of the same make would be. BUT i do believe the fit and finish and everything over all in a base corvette is a decent step up from my fully optioned 18GT. Its a different experience in the new vette. the squared wheel and EVERYTHING pointing towards the driver. the "wall" is unique and im sure owners will get use to it, but its... different for sure. I am from the no way id pay that much for a mustang camp.. its still just a mustang like my ST was just a focus. I feel the same about people buying 45k RS's.. its just a focus. one that out performs the base model by far. For me when its time to drop a 100k on a car it will be a Vette or a AMG. I dont go to the track and haven't cared who was faster then me in 15 years. As long as i enjoy the car im paying for and im sure 99.99999% of GT500 owners will fit into that. the rest will either be the "poors" or the "entitled"
Fixed it for ya. GM engine codes begin with L (LT1, LT2, LT4, LT5, LS1). Chevrolet trim codes begin with numbers (1SS, 2SS, 1LT, 2LT, 3LT). Chevrolet performance options begins with Z (Z28, Z51, Z06, ZL1, ZR1).

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
trust me, there will come a day your slowing down in a ~45mph zone with kids walking by, you will rev-match downshift with the pipes open, and kids will turn around in awe, maybe even give youa thumbs up.. that happened to me in the M3. i rememebr that day lol..

"I finally made it, I impressed a random 13yr old"
Got that a lot when I was driving the GT350. First time I recall getting a reaction in a factory spec ride was when I was driving one of the first 5th Gen ZL1 test cars. Went to pick my kids up at school. It’s a hoity-toity school (one of the kid drove an Audi A5 to school because his dad wouldn’t let him drive the Z06). I couldn’t figure out how to pop the trunk without shutting the car off and using the key fob, so that’s what I did. When I started the car back up, it was like an E.F Hutton commercial. Some of you will get that reference.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Fixed it for ya. GM engine codes begin with L (LT1, LT2, LT4, LT5, LS1). Chevrolet trim codes begin with numbers (1SS, 2SS, 1LT, 2LT, 3LT). Chevrolet performance options begins with Z (Z28, Z51, Z06, ZL1, ZR1).
thank you for the correction. Reading it now I can’t believe I said it lol
Sponsored