Meanbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium, 1978 f150 ranger
Vehicle Showcase
So I want to do the 2018 intake conversion on my 2015 automatic mustang gt. I have a bama tune (kina regretting). My thing is with bama, they don't have a tune for this conversion n I know vmp and lund do. Can the tunes work together? Do I have to run one or the other? I am new to this new car tuning stuff. Been a car guy just not with late model cars.
I've searched for more info on here for the conversion, read a few articles.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Can’t run both. Lund just over writes the Bama tune.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Like bluebeastsrt said, but just make sure you put your stock tune back in before you load one from another tuner. You don't want to tune over a tune from another vendor.

OP
OP
Meanbgreen

Meanbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So since it overwrites does that make the bama unsuable forever? Is it a matter of loading their tune into my bama tuner?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
So since it overwrites does that make the bama unsuable forever? Is it a matter of loading their tune into my bama tuner?
If you keep their device, then no. You can always re-flash the BAMA tune back on your car and use it again.

If Lund can use your current tuning device, than you can use that device and just have multiple tunes available to choose from. But if Lund is not compatible with that device, then you need to buy a separate one.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Depends on what device you are using. I have a "Bama" SCT X4 and am running Lund tune on it. Can load Bama, Lund even AED tunes onto it if I wanted to.

5had0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP M6
When you experience the difference between the bama tune and one from one of the more reputable tuners, chances are you won’t ever want to load a bama tune again anyway.

I have an SCT device that has some bama tunes on it. I no longer run a bama tune and have a tune from PBD. It runs better, idles better and definitely has more power. An ODD side note to throw in, not sure why but my seats actually no longer warm up for no reason.

I’m well aware of how strange that sounds. I swear my seat heaters were forced on somehow when running the bama tune. No idea why, but it no longer happens with the PBD tune.

Most of the tuners will send you a base tune, have you datalog that tune then revise, and datalog again. Repeat as needed.

OP
OP
Meanbgreen

Meanbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, I am noticing that bama lacks in alot of areas. I was trying to be fragile with "lifetime" tunes since I am new to electronic tuning. Their techs dont seem to be of any help if their tune or car reacts to their car. Disappointed really cause not all of us can just throw money at it. I try to plan ahead for when able to take next step.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Why would you want to go back to Bama?

Think of your ECU like a hard drive with excel spreadsheets. All a tune does is write over the data in the excel sheet. Some handheld tuners will hold multiple custom tunes but once you flash the cars computer it's running only one tune at a time

OP
OP
Meanbgreen

Meanbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not that I want to go back, just trying to learn. I figured it was good since they had tunes for life so as I build car I could get tune. However, i am finding that bama is a very limited in their knowledge and that tuning from a distance is difficult. If your mod isn't cooky cutter then or have issues with tune that they fall way short on assistance.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a bama sct4 & run vmp tunes. Easy to download.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
As someone who is young and trying to expand my knowledge on cars... I have been able to learn quite a few things from tuning with Shaun at AED. Depending on to what extent you are trying to learn more about tuning, I'm sure a local and respectable mustang performance shop can assist with that with a dyno tune. I don't know if you looked into prices for other tuners and I know Bama has the tune for life thing but I believe that you will have no regrets paying for tune revisions from a top tuner.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just get the Lund tune IMO. Having run both the Lund tune is superior.
Sponsored