• Pro Epoxy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I can't decide... Swisstrax is $1,000 cheaper and I'd have to do the install. An installer for epoxy quoted me $2,800. Both come out looking great so the obvious for me is the swisstrax. Cons to it, more involved when needing to clean versus complete access to the floor with epoxy. I could do the epoxy myself but rather not.
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So I literally just crossed this bridge (except I went RaceDeck). For me, price was not a factor. Like you said, both can look amazing. You say "I'd have to do the install" as if that were a bad thing. Doing the install myself on the tile was a pro for me, not a con. How much more involved is the cleaning? Is that enough to be a show stopper? For the epoxy, moving everything out of the garage and leaving it out for however long the epoxy takes to cure was also a con...and a deal breaker. And let's be honest...then there's the looks. Only you can decide which you like better. And you can make your own priorities, but this was literally all it came down to for me...looks...nothing else mattered. Personal opinion, yes, but in the looks department this was a no brainer...tiles win. Six months from now I did not want to regret my choice because I made some practical decision (based on price, cleaning, ease, etc).

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
So I literally just crossed this bridge (except I went RaceDeck). For me, price was not a factor. Like you said, both can look amazing. You say "I'd have to do the install" as if that were a bad thing. Doing the install myself on the tile was a pro for me, not a con. How much more involved is the cleaning? Is that enough to be a show stopper? For the epoxy, moving everything out of the garage and leaving it out for however long the epoxy takes to cure was also a con...and a deal breaker. And let's be honest...then there's the looks. Only you can decide which you like better. And you can make your own priorities, but this was literally all it came down to for me...looks...nothing else mattered. Personal opinion, yes, but in the looks department this was a no brainer...tiles win. Six months from now I did not want to regret my choice because I made some practical decision (based on price, cleaning, ease, etc).
Went RaceDeck too. Liked everything about it compared to an epoxy floor. Have had it for 5 years now and don't regret it at all. I have a 1500sq. ft. 4 car garage did the install in one weekend. Really goes together quick other than the trimming around the edges. The self install is what I liked best about it. The fact that if you ever had to replace a couple is also nice although I really can't imagine having to do it. One screw up on the epoxy floor and where are you?

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
AND...if I move, my $2K floor is going with me. Can you do that with epoxy?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Racedeck tuffshield here. Cost me around 1200? 450sq fest or so
E1D94462-6AA1-4794-89EA-462D6E8917D3.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
NoXiDe

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I loved the design and i choose the exact same layout as the picture.. OG (obsessed garage uses swistrax and several others) to my knowledge it's the next best thing.
Garage-After-Photo.jpg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I put mine down 4 years ago, not a single thing wrong. Love racedeck, I didn’t want draining tiles for ease of cleaning, once or twice year I just mop it lol.

I use an electric leaf blower to blow debris out. The holes traps debris and can have hard time spotting small screws etc

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Damn! I wish my garage looked your guys'! Not a hope in hell of mine ever looking that good. There's just not enough time in the day for me. And I'm not near ocd enough.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I didn’t want draining tiles for ease of cleaning, once or twice year I just mop it lol.

I use an electric leaf blower to blow debris out. The holes traps debris and can have hard time spotting small screws etc
Pro's and Con's for everyone. The items you mentioned (leaf blower, ease of cleaning, mopping, etc) I apply to my free flow tiles. I agree with small screws and such; that'll suck if/when you drop something small. But at least it won't go far, LOL. For me, it was all about indoor detailing. These just carry the water away. And for absolutely no supported reason what-so-ever, i found the SwissTrax tile size at 15.75" just odd, LOL. I liked the option of the small (12") or large (18"), with RD, both of which made the math easier for figuring out dimensions and measurements. Plust RD's customer support and military discounts were amazing.

One goofy thing with the freeflow drain tiles is the crosshatch thing where each tile has it's own checkerboard pattern can play with your eyes in certain light.

3026C4CF-7CD9-42F4-BEE3-CF99C2FEDCDD.jpeg
14AAEBB6-462C-4503-92FA-00EC9BFD57A9.jpeg
48B34E54-2B3F-498C-888C-36EFFC8CE5C5.jpeg

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Did the same dance a few years back - epoxy over tiles - after getting 2 quotes for Epoxy, we went tiles for the cost and the fact that you can make any design/color with tiles. The tiles are just as easy to clean from spills or daily use just like the epoxy.

If moving, you can also take up the tiles and reinstall (or get more to add to your new place if your new garage space is larger).

We bought our garage floor tiles from the below,link. On their site you can also use their design tool by plugging in your Sq. Ft., choosing color and design layout to see what it would look like. Once you have layout when you place order, you get the exact quality from your layout so no mis over calculating or additional costs.
https://www.garageflooringinc.com/

Garage Flooring Inc. had the absolute best pricing at the time of purchase and an online discount code. When the boxes arrived, all were the same labeling and location of Race Deck (no BS).

Here’s a snippet of my 94 Cobra sitting on it...
7C6884E5-0168-473D-BC38-D2F8FB9B24B8.jpeg

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I got my Racedack flooring on a black friday sale. (Coming soon) Couldn't beat the price!
Sponsored