Sponsored

F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I meant like the ("base") tune someone would get from LUND when installing an '18+ GT manifold on their '15-'17 GT. Maybe a similar tune file could be used to install an '18+ F-150 manifold on a 15-'17 GT??
Gotcha. I took "base" to mean "stock". Guess you mean "basic" moreso but I hear ya. That should work considering there's no change in tunes between '14-'17 GT & F150 manifolds, so the same should apply to '18+.
Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
ive got a 15-17 f150 mani im not using anymore if someone wants it. had it on maybe 5k miles

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Why did you take it out?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Why did you take it out?
finally got around to going to the drag strip and i believe it was holding me back on the top end. i also added the mishimoto intake tube and honestly that helped pick up some tq that i felt the IM also helped so with the intake tube i switched back to the stock mani and it feels like it did with f150 mani and no mishi tube. so now i feel like i have the low end of the f150 mani but the top end of the stock mani. i hope that made sense

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
If you're looking for ET times at the strip, the F150 mani is not for you so understandable. Definitely better for a street-driven car only.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
If you're looking for ET times at the strip, the F150 mani is not for you so understandable. Definitely better for a street-driven car only.
the f150 mani def "feels" better but i def think its slower. i would def have to recommend people looking into the mishi tube as well. not much more expensive if at all than the f150 mani but gives similar feel to the car down low plus way easier to swap.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've got the Airaid intake elbow and noticed the same thing. It was my first performance mod and I can see the mishimoto tube doing the same. It is a worthwhile mod in my opinion.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Made perfect sense. I have a Mishi tube but haven't put it on yet. Sounds like Mishi tube with stock 15-17 mani is the ticket. I will be selling my 15-17 F-150 Mani if anyone wants it, $60, you pay ship or meet.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Made perfect sense. I have a Mishi tube but haven't put it on yet. Sounds like Mishi tube with stock 15-17 mani is the ticket. I will be selling my 15-17 F-150 Mani if anyone wants it, $60, you pay ship or meet.
Can confirm: mishi tube with stock manifold is about as good as it gets for a 6500 rpm and below setup. I really enjoyed it before doing the 18 GT manifold.

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
the f150 mani def "feels" better but i def think its slower. i would def have to recommend people looking into the mishi tube as well. not much more expensive if at all than the f150 mani but gives similar feel to the car down low plus way easier to swap.
Can confirm: mishi tube with stock manifold is about as good as it gets for a 6500 rpm and below setup. I really enjoyed it before doing the 18 GT manifold.
I've got the Airaid intake elbow and noticed the same thing. It was my first performance mod and I can see the mishimoto tube doing the same. It is a worthwhile mod in my opinion.
Unless you peeps have dyno #'s in hand, your "feels better" comments are more than likely placebo effect, or dare I say wishful thinking. I'm not trying to piss any of you off or suggest in any way you are lying..., BUT your results might be what you want it to "feel" like, and those results are not objective in any way.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you peeps have dyno #'s in hand, your "feels better" comments are more than likely placebo effect, or dare I say wishful thinking. I'm not trying to piss any of you off or suggest in any way you are lying..., BUT your results might be what you want it to "feel" like, and those results are not objective in any way.
No I don't feel like talking to a wall tonight. Area under the curve matters. Dyno peaks where you don't drive the car WOT or are traction limited is not useful objective information. This is like the joke "part throttle racing" ecoboost guy from a year or two ago.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
No I don't feel like talking to a wall tonight. Area under the curve matters. Dyno peaks where you don't drive the car WOT or are traction limited is not useful objective information. This is like the joke "part throttle racing" ecoboost guy from a year or two ago.
"Under the curve" only matters when you can back-up your claims with hard data. Without before/after dyno charts, and their respective "curve(s)", your statements are self-flagellating nonsense.

And your, "I don't feel like talking to a wall tonight" is nothing more than an admission that you have no data to support any of your claims so you bow out of the discussion with a statement of cowardliness cloaked in a half-ass'd attempt at smugness.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
finally got around to going to the drag strip and i believe it was holding me back on the top end. i also added the mishimoto intake tube and honestly that helped pick up some tq that i felt the IM also helped so with the intake tube i switched back to the stock mani and it feels like it did with f150 mani and no mishi tube. so now i feel like i have the low end of the f150 mani but the top end of the stock mani. i hope that made sense
Not a surprise to me. Less top end ultimately makes you slower. The F150 manifold guys may THINK their car is faster because it has more low end torque, but it is not faster.

If you actually rev it out like you are supposed to you will be held back, as you have seen. Stock 15 mani, 18 mani, Boss mani, CJ mani all greater. Again this is a high revving motor, its not an F150 truck designed for hauling things.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
"Under the curve" only matters when you can back-up your claims with hard data. Without before/after dyno charts, and their respective "curve(s)", your statements are self-flagellating nonsense.

And your, "I don't feel like talking to a wall tonight" is nothing more than an admission that you have no data to support any of your claims so you bow out of the discussion with a statement of cowardliness cloaked in a half-ass'd attempt at smugness.
Actually, that is exactly what it's like - talking to a wall. And there is plenty of hard data out there. Just because you don't prove it to me isn't a valid response unless you actually have proof on your end.
Sponsored