Sponsored

So fender vents were considered...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Just responding as you had stated that "they found no benefit from them to relieve pressure" when they did in fact, work. We may never learn of any data though so exactly how well they measured is an unknown.

I don't know how else to say it but there is often a lack of communication between different aspects of the company. Especially given the timeframe with the new CEO, the exodus of critical top engineers in the Mustang program. Philosophies changed. For example, the hood strut wasn't going to happen. Under Widmann it did. Regarding the vents, you almost never hear of the internal struggles. Ford never wants to admit they couldn't make something happen. That they couldn't meet an objective or goal. The clearance issue during installation was a legitimate concern.

Ask Jamal, Raj, Carl, Dave, or even Melvin, and something tells me you'd hear carefully crafted, differing responses that don't tell the whole story. Or maybe one of them will finally break it down...

Regardless, I wish they would have made it happen too. That they could have cut through the red tape and made the vision that Chris originally had, work. Without them, or some variation of the GT350 vent, the fender looks a bit empty. It needs something.
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Yeah, there's already a LOT going on with the front 1/2 of the car, so unless there was a very compelling performance need, it was a little much.

My only very minor design beef, is the rear 1/2 not having anything really unique - I mean, sure there's the snake logo, bigger exhaust tips (CFTP wing if optioned) but I mean, squint and it's a GT350. I get that rear fender/panel changes would've meant significant cost (vs. the way more modular front end), but maybe even just the rear valance? Is that the same as the GT350[?]

@1MEAN18 Love me some Justified :D
LOL. Yeah, Justified was my all time favorite ever tv show...I was crushed when they cancelled it, but I guess it was also played out. I loved the ending. I find myself often asking myself "how/what would Raylan Givens do about this?" and then I try to act accordingly. What a great show it was...

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
LOL. Yeah, Justified was my all time favorite ever tv show...I was crushed when they cancelled it, but I guess it was also played out. I loved the ending. I find myself often asking myself "how/what would Raylan Givens do about this?" and then I try to act accordingly. What a great show it was...
Did you watch Deadwood? If not, do, and after several years with what was basically a "non ending" they came back and did a feature length movie to wrap things up, it was awesome.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Did you watch Deadwood? If not, do, and after several years with what was basically a "non ending" they came back and did a feature length movie to wrap things up, it was awesome.
No, I didn't but I'm aware it existed. Timothy Olyphant starred in it too, correct? At that time in my life, I worked 10 to 12 hr days for 6 days a week...for many, many, many moons...I only saw Justified by setting my dvr which came my way at some point around 2012ish. I should look up all the old Deadwood episodes now that I have a lot more time on my hands. Thanks for the tip!

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Hmmmm very 1979 camaro.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough. Shows just how advanced that smogmobile really was.:)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Credit to Moray Callum for this shot. Look carefully at the rear spoiler as well, just as the design team was...

2020 Design crew dat ass.jpg

This one was early too. The cowl section of the hood is a bit low and the grille snake is offset instead of being centered.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
The fenders on the GT500 really do look empty and make the car appear to be longer. Love the GT350 vents, they really gave the car unique character (and better than copying the Porsche design) and made the nose seem less long and broke up the "big piece of sheet metal" look.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
A lot of Porsche owners complained about rocks, etc coming through those vents.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, that's where addressing the liner comes into play with screening. Anderson's effort there looks a bit coarse.

Porsche's screening looks a bit coarse as well.

Sponsored

Last edited: