Sponsored

dvalera001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So I bought the air cannon and installed it, but it’s somewhat disappointing to say the least. Not really liking the tone. Was expecting something a bit better I guess. Just ordered the two horn kit as a replacement to the original single horn replacement.

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
I bought this horn for my Accord and just bought one for the Mustang. The site has video/audio clips. Obviously, opinions vary as to how loud it is. I found it satisfactory. It worked fine for the entire two years I owned the Accord.
The cool thing with the Accord was that I could give a quick "polite" toot and only the relatively quiet factory horn would sound, as it takes a fraction of a second for the compressor to spool up. Not too long, mind you, but just enough to let me tap the horn without activating it. I'm not optimistic that I can to this with the Mustang, as I find it difficult to give a very short toot with this horn button. It is not sensitive enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Stebel-11690019-Nautilus-Compact-Black/dp/B00CMX20H4

Nautilus.jpg

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
just ordered my dual horn from tasca ford, looked at the car and looks crazy easy.....:thumbsup:

Sponsored

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
Just rec'd my dual horns from Ford this past week. Car's going to sleep this coming weekend. I'll install it at some point over the winter. My jaw dropped when the first time I hit the horn, felt embarrassed lol....loud exhaust and then the dainty beep noise.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
Going in for 1st oil change tomorrow. I told the service mgr to get me a dual horn. he said "you know we have to drop the front bumper for that". I told him to hold off. Any comments?

dvalera001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Going in for 1st oil change tomorrow. I told the service mgr to get me a dual horn. he said "you know we have to drop the front bumper for that". I told him to hold off. Any comments?
Go to another shop..

You can access the horn from under the hood by removing the air filter housing or from under the car by remain the bottom cover. Removing the air filter is easier IMO. It’s an easy install.

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
Dropping the front bumper is insane, even doing it from underneath is not really necassary. I swapped out the single low tone horn for the dual tone (picked up from Tasca for under $20) without removing ANYTHING in about 20 minutes. It's very easy, just swap the entire bracket out from the top. It's the quickest way. Disconnect the horn wire, undo the nut circled in red (the "bolt" is on a clip that will stay on the car loosely), then pull out the old horn/bracket, drop the new one down, thread the nut back on and tighten it down and reconnect the wire. You'll have to connect/disconnect the wire by feel but these automotive connectors only go one way, so it's easy to feel where to apply pressure to remove it and how to orient it to reconnect. It sounds so much better, the single tone horn sounds like a clown car by comparison. A simple mod that is very worth doing and a big thanks to the OP because I had no idea what I was missing until I stumbled on this thread.
IMG_2056.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I did same. Because of fat fingers, put masking tape on bolt in bracket to hold in place while i lowered bracket/horn down and then started bolt. Remember that bracket does have a tab that needs to engage in mounting surface.

dvalera001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Dropping the front bumper is insane, even doing it from underneath is not really necassary. I swapped out the single low tone horn for the dual tone (picked up from Tasca for under $20) without removing ANYTHING in about 20 minutes. It's very easy, just swap the entire bracket out from the top. It's the quickest way. Disconnect the horn wire, undo the nut circled in red (the "bolt" is on a clip that will stay on the car loosely), then pull out the old horn/bracket, drop the new one down, thread the nut back on and tighten it down and reconnect the wire. You'll have to connect/disconnect the wire by feel but these automotive connectors only go one way, so it's easy to feel where to apply pressure to remove it and how to orient it to reconnect. It sounds so much better, the single tone horn sounds like a clown car by comparison. A simple mod that is very worth doing and a big thanks to the OP because I had no idea what I was missing until I stumbled on this thread.
IMG_2056.jpeg

I didn’t have a way to access the horn without at minimum removing my CAI. Wish I didn’t have to remove anything, but that wasn’t an option for me.
FD822906-19F5-4006-8AF3-8D4D5A72C7DE.jpeg

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
IMG_2056.jpeg
Good info/ much thanks!!

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
I thought the same thing when I got my 19 GT a couple months back coming from a 16 Ecoboost. You can barely even hear the horn on the highway in cabin how are other cars supposed to hear it smh
Sponsored