Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
According to comments the F150 in this video is just a 10R80 Roush SC and runs like a train in back to back pulls...seems not suffering heatsoak to me...
What's the trick? Just tuned right?
Is the kit the same for the f150? Might have a bit larger heat exchanger with all the available space the f150 has.

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
According to comments the F150 in this video is just a 10R80 Roush SC and runs like a train in back to back pulls...seems not suffering heatsoak to me...
What's the trick? Just tuned right?

What's the trick? Just tuned right? Is the kit the same for the f150? Might have a bit larger heat exchanger with all the available space the f150 has.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
BUT!!!,...BUT!!!!!,......the Roush superchargers can't produce a lot of power!! :crazy: :giggle:
LMFAO That's my favorite line.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
BUT!!!,...BUT!!!!!,......the Roush superchargers can't produce a lot of power!! :crazy: :giggle:
It’s custom tuned with an ice tank and much larger HE, Not a stock Roush Kit. No one said the Roush can’t make powa, we were more upset with the stock tune and heat soak.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It’s custom tuned with an ice tank and much larger HE, Not a stock Roush Kit. No one said the Roush can’t make powa, we were more upset with the stock tune and heat soak.
I'm talking about the outside of this thread bringing down Roush. I saw someone posted that in this thread, but it got deleted I believe. It was waaaayyyyy back. lol
Something about Roush superchargers can't make power, or it's too weak. Something like that.

I know the Roush is getting high IAT2's, but other superchargers are as well, maybe not as bad as the Roush, but they don't have the Roush tunes. Is that why those engines are getting replaced and a lot not getting warrantied anymore per LFP? Gotta make one think. Especially after he says about the feedback from customers. Only ones I see getting warrantied are the Roush and Edlebrock.

I "personally" think the VMP ice tank, VMP HE and a VMP 93 octane tune would do wonders for running this car down the track. BEAST MODE!

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm talking about the outside of this thread bringing down Roush. I saw someone posted that in this thread, but it got deleted I believe. It was waaaayyyyy back. lol
Something about Roush superchargers can't make power, or it's too weak. Something like that.

I know the Roush is getting high IAT2's, but other superchargers are as well, maybe not as bad as the Roush, but they don't have the Roush tunes. Is that why those engines are getting replaced and a lot not getting warrantied anymore per LFP? Gotta make one think. Especially after he says about the feedback from customers. Only ones I see getting warrantied are the Roush and Edlebrock.

I "personally" think the VMP ice tank, VMP HE and a VMP 93 octane tune would do wonders for running this car down the track. BEAST MODE!
I agree with you except on one point

If I’m adding a Ice tank, VMP tune and OS HE I will NOT pick Roush

The whipple or EB would be cheaper because you don’t need to buy a HE OR ICE TANK.

Custom tuned the EB or Whipple will out preform modded 18+ Roush Kit

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I agree with you except on one point
If I’m adding a Ice tank, VMP tune and OS HE I will NOT pick Roush
The whipple or EB would be cheaper because you don’t need to buy a HE OR ICE TANK.
Custom tuned the EB or Whipple will out preform modded 18+ Roush Kit
True the Whipple or EB would be cheaper.
I don't know about the custom tuned superchargers beating the other. I haven't seen any videos/proof of it. Custom tune for custom tune, no other mods.
I have a feeling you're going to be going with the EB.
Too bad the new VMP supercharger wouldn't be warrantied, unless it will eventually? Would that be an option if warrantied?

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
True the Whipple or EB would be cheaper.
I don't know about the custom tuned superchargers beating the other. I haven't seen any videos/proof of it. Custom tune for custom tune, no other mods.
I have a feeling you're going to be going with the EB.
Too bad the new VMP supercharger wouldn't be warrantied, unless it will eventually? Would that be an option if warrantied?
The VMP Kit from what I was told. No warranty on car, just the VMP kit itself

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The VMP Kit from what I was told. No warranty on car, just the VMP kit itself
Too bad.
I wonder why LFP wouldn't take them on with warranty? They have a great reputation and great products/tunes.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, this is obviously said from people that have not been in a Roush charged stang or know anything about them.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
So. Everyone post your Roush supercharged quarter mile times. :p

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Too bad.
I wonder why LFP wouldn't take them on with warranty? They have a great reputation and great products/tunes.
I have a funny feeling your gonna see a LFP VMP Mustang in 2020 also, prolly be a custom tuned 800hp kit

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, this is obviously said from people that have not been in a Roush charged stang or know anything about them.
So you raced your 800hp Roush at the track I assume, what did it run?