Brand new PP2 woes.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Gentleman, thank for your answers on the PP2. It's obviously more than just the wheels and tires and that's why the OP bought it. It just sucks to have had this happen to him.
Sponsored

Mavtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 #3530
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what I wrote - bars, springs, calibration and wider wheels. That's not a chassis. I am quite familiar with PP2, fellow local autocrosser has it. Not trying to take anything from it and not need for butt hurt but it's much closer to PP1 than to GT350. Wheels are nice (likely will buy replicas from SVE because I love the look) but they have nothing to fdo with Shelby, and chassis is exactly the same (which is obvious for anyone remotely familiar with how corporations build cars).

In fact Magneride Handling Kit likely makes PP1 (and PP2) handle better since it says that PP2 will benefit from springs and bars in this kit and Magneride calibration is same.
dont be mad you didnt buy one too. They only made 1500 of them in 2018. Havent learned the 2019 number yet.

The Performance Pack 2 is more than a normal mustang, Iā€™m convinced because I drive it daily. Its more than any other normal car. It handles amazingly. Corners like a euro coupe. Feels fast when you go slow, and stable when you go fast.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
dont be mad you didnt buy one too. They only made 1500 of them in 2018. Havent learned the 2019 number yet.

The Performance Pack 2 is more than a normal mustang, Iā€™m convinced because I drive it daily. Its more than any other normal car. It handles amazingly. Corners like a euro coupe. Feels fast when you go slow, and stable when you go fast.
LOL Why would I be mad ? First, they weren't availble, second I wouldn't buy it anyway. I'm glad you're convinced, but your arguments are "it's great because I bought it" so internet normal :) Enjoy it.

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
The RTR tech 5 from AM are 9.5ā€ wide and look very similar to the PP2 wheels. You can get a set of 4 of them for the price of that one PP2 wheel.

Charles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT pp2
You took one for the team here - a reminder that cast (aka cheap) rims riding on 30s vs. hard objects -> bad $hit. If you can afford to put your car out of commission for a minute, I'd consider getting forged wheels with new tires.

I doubt you had any structural damage - your tire and wheel took the brunt of that blow.
I thought PP2 wheels were forged?

Sponsored

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
"The Level 2 also comes standard with the magnetorheological dampersā€”theyā€™re optional with the GT Performance Packageā€”along with spring rates that are 20 percent stiffer up front and 13 percent firmer at the rear. The Level 2ā€™s anti-roll bars are beefier, too, the front by 12 percent and the rearā€”which switches from a tubular bar to a solid oneā€”by 67 percent. The Level 2 also gets a larger front splitter. it includes the dampers that are $1695 extra with the lesser package. Factor that in and the upcharge pencils out to $810 for the wider wheels, stickier rubber, more extreme aero bits, and the retuned chassis elements.

At Lightning lap, the PP2 went faster than an M5 competition and SS 1LE and was exactly 2 seconds slower than a GT350R (GT350 never tested), faster than a 2013 GT500 and 2006 Ford GT, crushed a Boss 302 Laguna Seca, but here, look for yourself: https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a23319884/lightning-lap-times-historical-data/

Quite frankly, I think the PP2 would give a GT350 a run for its money on the track.
I've given up trying to educate anyone about the PP2. I just tell them to go to a track day and get back to me. :wink:

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
That would work too. 18ā€ bits are usually cheaper but you can score some pp1 take offs all day long for cheap. Only issue is that if they have the MPS4S on them, youā€™re gaining a little drivability when near freezing temps, but not much. If you can score some take offs without tires, then you can get some rubber thatā€™ll better handle those temps
You're also gaining actual traction in rain lol. The PS4S wont just let you slide off the road in a little bit of wet.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Can you tell me where to find that information about them being cast?
Quickly? No - but it's what is NOT said - Ford makes Forged wheels for other cars - the GT350, Focus RS, GT PP1 with Nickel Luster and they all brag prominently that these wheels are "forged". If PP2 wheels were forged Ford would let you know. Also search "OW10165" - you can get these 50% cheaper than my OEM Focus RS rims. Again, compare those in price to the PP1 forged nickel luster wheels.

Charles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT pp2
Quickly? No - but it's what is NOT said - Ford makes Forged wheels for other cars - the GT350, Focus RS, GT PP1 with Nickel Luster and they all brag prominently that these wheels are "forged". If PP2 wheels were forged Ford would let you know. Also search "OW10165" - you can get these 50% cheaper than my OEM Focus RS rims. Again, compare those in price to the PP1 forged nickel luster wheels.
From the information Iā€™ve found PP1 wheels are cast and PP2 are forged. I wouldnā€™t think 10.5 and 11.0 cast wheels would hold up very well with what they are intended for. If the OP could take a closer pic of the cross section of the damaged wheel I could tell if they was one way or the other.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
From the information Iā€™ve found PP1 wheels are cast and PP2 are forged. I wouldnā€™t think 10.5 and 11.0 cast wheels would hold up very well with what they are intended for. If the OP could take a closer pic of the cross section of the damaged wheel I could tell if they was one way or the other.
PP1 comes with two different wheels - the nickel luster are forged, the black are cast.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I was told the Shleby PP2 wheels were forged and thus this is why they cost so much.
actually the "shelby" branded wheels are cheap-cast with a grossly inflated price tag. You can get flow-formed wheels for 6-800/set.
Sponsored