Sponsored

[Updated]: 11.0@128 so far for GT500 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
First we have people complaining about no manual in the GT500.
Now we have folks wishing the GT350 had a automatic.

I can see people wanting a manual GT500.
A automatic GT350 would be terrible.
To me it depends on if you want faster time, or more enjoyment.

The ZL1 has shown that a well tuned A10 can be faster on a road course. The GT500 will likely be faster also vs a Manual 6 or 7spd would be. If I was just a "fastest times" guy i'd want a DTC or A10, but I personally find manual more fun so I plan to drive one as long as I can. I'm not worried about being slower if I'm having fun. If I were a rich man I'd probably look into the viability of buying a GT500 and putting in a beefed up manual. But I'm not.
Sponsored

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
First we have people complaining about no manual in the GT500.
Now we have folks wishing the GT350 had a automatic.

I can see people wanting a manual GT500.
A automatic GT350 would be terrible.
Naw give the people what they want. Itā€™s all about selling cars. Theyā€™d sell more GT350s if it came with a DCT. And theyā€™d probably sell a few more a GT500s. If a manual was offered.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Naw give the people what they want. Itā€™s all about selling cars. Theyā€™d sell more GT350s if it came with a DCT. And theyā€™d probably sell a few more a GT500s. If a manual was offered.
Why try and sell more GT500s? They most likely wont be able to build the target 5k for MY20 as it is.
Adding in any additional complexity would look to shut down Fords fragile supply chain.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Why try and sell more GT500s? They most likely wont be able to build the target 5k for MY20 as it is.
Adding in any additional complexity would look to shut down Fords fragile supply chain.
Iā€™m done making excuses for Ford. A better question instead of asking why? Is ask why not? If one of the biggest automobile companies in the world canā€™t handle the slightly added pressure of slapping in a few different parts. On a limited production car. Or their supply chain is so f$&ked up. That they canā€™t producing a minimum number of cars. I donā€™t know what to tell you.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Iā€™m done making excuses for Ford. A better question instead of asking why? Is ask why not? If one of the biggest automobile companies in the world canā€™t handle the slightly added pressure of slapping in a few different parts. On a limited production car. Or their supply chain is so f$&ked up. That they canā€™t producing a minimum number of cars. I donā€™t know what to tell you.
I knew i was going to enjoy your response!! Thanks for that on this cold f*cking Sunday morning.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I knew i was going to enjoy your response!! Thanks for that on this cold f*cking Sunday morning.
GO EAGLES. If you say your a Pittsburgh guy. Iā€™m putting you on ignore.:)

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Iā€™m a lions fan so that should give me something either an ignore or at the very least a holy s@&$ you are a masochist lol
Iā€™m in San Fran right now. A few hours away from taking a Lyft to Oakland to watch my Lions claw the Raiders. And I will be wearing my Stafford jersey and Lions ball cap.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Why would they do that? The GT350 still sells for at or above MSRP everywhere. The people who really want what a GT350 is don't want a DCT. Sorry. It's a driver's car, not an as-fast-as-physics-allows car, even though it does that pretty damn well.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Well your really gonna hate me now...Im a Cowboys Fan!!
I used to live just outside WDC, so my two favorite teams are the Redskins and whoever is playing Dallas.
Sponsored