Sponsored

Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
No clue on the EB tuning, but sums up my experience with other manufacturer’s canned tunes. If it’s like my past experience, their canned response will end up being “we have lots of other customers that don’t experience this, must be an install error or something else is wrong with the car”, lol.
Was exactly what Edelbrock tech/tuning support was doing to me. Yet I come here and see a handful of customers with same issue. I just got fed up with dealing with them and went aftermarket tuning. Much better.

It's probably not you're install that is the issue, but the EB tune.
Sponsored

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
Was exactly what Edelbrock tech/tuning support was doing to me. Yet I come here and see a handful of customers with same issue. I just got fed up with dealing with them and went aftermarket tuning. Much better.

It's probably not you're install that is the issue, but the EB tune.
Does anybody else have a 700 rpm idle and pulling timing of 0 to -2. After long drives I get this at start up
It’s normal

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody else have a 700 rpm idle and pulling timing of 0 to -2. After long drives I get this at start up
It’s normal
Can you be more specific?
Are you saying you have a warm idle of 700rpm?
When is it pulling timing?
Is the KR showing -2* or +2*?
At WOT?

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
Can you be more specific?
Are you saying you have a warm idle of 700rpm?
When is it pulling timing?
Is the KR showing -2* or +2*?
At WOT?
Yea warm idle of 700-718 ignition timing is 0 then if I rev the motor and it isles again it goes to -2, wot throttle is great all the time it’s partial throttle that the RPMs wopple alittle

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Yea warm idle of 700-718 ignition timing is 0 then if I rev the motor and it isles again it goes to -2, wot throttle is great all the time it’s partial throttle that the RPMs wopple alittle
The low spark at idle is the ECM using spark to lower idle torque

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Got the H/E installed, it fit great, I did need to slot the bolt holes in order to let me move the HE forward enough to not touch the AC condenser, but this took like 5 minutes to do with a stepped drill bit.

From what I can tell, the Edelbrock H/E is a single 1.25" row core(the over all core thickness is 1.5"), this means this new H/E should cool much better given it's a dual 1.25" row core. It's about 1" shorter overall, but the added rows should more than easily offset the loss in height.
IMG_9005.jpg
IMG_8996.jpg
IMG_8995.jpg

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Looks good Kona, can’t wait to see the results.
Haven't done any WOT pulls yet, but I'm seeing about 5-10* over ambient when cruising around the city, for comparison, it used to run 15-20 when cruising around the city, I haven't done any highway driving, but I suspect highway driving will prob be where I get the coolest results. Once I find some time I'll do some pulls and compare to my previous logs to see how it does with IATs under boost.
75292989_2457186987649822_3267004802558590976_n.jpg

Stizang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
18 Kona blue gt
I run about 20* over ambient around town also. Will this H/E be available any time soon ?

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Just ordered a 6-rib 2.75" pulley, should make ~14psi with it, I already have a green belt that should work for it too, so we'll see how it goes when it shows up

Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just ordered a 6-rib 2.75" pulley, should make ~14psi with it, I already have a green belt that should work for it too, so we'll see how it goes when it shows up
Hope it doesn’t slip

Can’t wait for your results

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
how does this one compare to vmp 's triple pass? just curious if the vmp unit was an option or it wasnt due to it fitting

Check out what just showed up, upgraded H/E for my car, this one uses a dual 1.25" row Griffin core, so not only is it thicker than the standard unit, but the rows are larger so you have more surface area for the water to cool off with.

This was made to be a direct replacement for the Edelbrock unit too, meaning you can bolt it up to the Edelbrock HE brackets.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Got the H/E installed, it fit great, I did need to slot the bolt holes in order to let me move the HE forward enough to not touch the AC condenser, but this took like 5 minutes to do with a stepped drill bit.

From what I can tell, the Edelbrock H/E is a single 1.25" row core(the over all core thickness is 1.5"), this means this new H/E should cool much better given it's a dual 1.25" row core. It's about 1" shorter overall, but the added rows should more than easily offset the loss in height.
IMG_9005.jpg
IMG_8996.jpg
IMG_8995.jpg
Interested in one of these if they become available

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
how does this one compare to vmp 's triple pass? just curious if the vmp unit was an option or it wasnt due to it fitting
This unit should outperform the VMP triple pass, the VMP triple pass is not as tall and 50% of it ends up being covered by the impact bar, this unit takes up the entire front area, so it's exposed to more air. The VMP is also about 2" thick, so at best they are using a dual 1" row core, this unit uses a dual 1.25" row Griffin core, end tank is 3", the core itself is about 2.65"

So it uses bigger rows it is also much taller than the VMP, so it's able to use the top and bottom grill for airflow

No, I ordered a normal 2.75" pulley, they're like $40, and I already have a green 812 belt sitting here since I ordered a few sizes when I did the 3", if it does slip then I may order the griptek version but the gripec pulley eats up belts, friends belt was eaten up until it was just stubs after about 30 passes

Interested in one of these if they become available
I'll post updates as I have them, right now I'm waiting for slightly warmer whether to be able to do some WOT pulls so see how much better it does to the Edelbrock unit
Sponsored