Sponsored

How many people have gotten letters from angry neighbors over their exhaust?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
but its not really your fault if your car pisses someone off.
It is when you purposely make it louder than it should be. If this was stock, and some old geezer just didn't like it, sure. Considering he went out of his way to do it, you bet your ass it's his fault. Not like MBRP came to his house and welded on a new muffler onto his car without him knowing...
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I'd just buy a Harley and straight pipe it. They'll be glad when you drive the Mustang.
I have a neighbor that had his Harley straight piped before I got the mustang. My neighbors don't even notice my car even after the resonator delete. Still have stock mufflers though.

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
It is when you purposely make it louder than it should be. If this was stock, and some old geezer just didn't like it, sure. Considering he went out of his way to do it, you bet your ass it's his fault. Not like MBRP came to his house and welded on a new muffler onto his car without him knowing...
So are we to check with our neighbors before doing anything to anything at all? If he isn't breaking any laws, his neighbors and the complex have no case here. We can't protect everyone from being offended or irritated or whatever else. I find my neighbor's truck an eyesore, but its well within his right to build it the way he wants it. Who am I to tell him otherwise?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
This is why living here in NC is a plus. You don't have neighbors butting up next to you. Houses are spread out probably half a football field apart.

Plus, if you live in an apartment complex, other people have loud cars too so the neighbors get used to it. Only problem is... it's no contest who has the loudest start up(I wish I didn't).

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a neighbor that had his Harley straight piped before I got the mustang. My neighbors don't even notice my car even after the resonator delete. Still have stock mufflers though.
Straight piped harly's, straight piped trucks, cammed camaro's and lots other murica activities going on around me. I live between vehicle city and motorcity in farm country. Everyone either has a harley, loud truck, or muscle car. Plenty have all 3.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
So are we to check with our neighbors before doing anything to anything at all? If he isn't breaking any laws, his neighbors and the complex have no case here. We can't protect everyone from being offended or irritated or whatever else. I find my neighbor's truck an eyesore, but its well within his right to build it the way he wants it. Who am I to tell him otherwise?
But he most likely is, most if not all locations have strict exhaust and volume regulations.

You're right, if this was 100% legal I would totally agree with you and tell them to pound sand...which is why I mentioned to him to switch over to some OEM GT500 mufflers. He would be 100% legal and his neighbors would have no case. Given that he's most likely not legal (again I'm not 100% sure of rules in his town but at least in the US modifying anything in the exhaust is illegal at the federal level) he really doesn't have much if his neighbors decide to take this further.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been thinking of trying to add a couple resonators somewhere but not sure it would help enough. Not sure about American laws but for us up here we have to have mufflers installed or technically the car is illegal. That being said Ive never been pulled over or had any complaints other than at home.

I do plan to add long tubes in the spring and I knew once I did that my current setup would need to be modified as it would be insanely loud. So I’m kinda leaning towards replacing my axle back with a version that has mufflers...that way I pass visual inspections and neighbors can’t say anything because I have mufflers.
are you running the MBRP muffler deletes? if so that will be loud with an x pipe. The resonators would definitely drop your exhaust down at least 4 decibels. I had the MF TRU X on my car with longtubes, no cats, & Borla exhaust. Was to quiet so just had Steeda H put on with 2 12" resonators & it gives me loudness at WOT but whisper quiet cruising, only times it a little loud is on cold starts.

coreystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is it within what the city code is? If so then you shouldn't worry about a liberal ass lawyer. If not then do the right thing obviously.

OP
OP

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
are you running the MBRP muffler deletes? if so that will be loud with an x pipe. The resonators would definitely drop your exhaust down at least 4 decibels. I had the MF TRU X on my car with longtubes, no cats, & Borla exhaust. Was to quiet so just had Steeda H put on with 2 12" resonators & it gives me loudness at WOT but whisper quiet cruising, only times it a little loud is on cold starts.
Yes sir, I’m running the black series MBRP axle back aka muffler deletes with SR performance x pipe. I’ve been researching the Magnaflow Tru x resonated x but was unsure just how much effect it would have on my axle back?

Thought about some 12” resonators, did you mount yours in your H pipe?

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
The m
Yes sir, I’m running the black series MBRP axle back aka muffler deletes with SR performance x pipe. I’ve been researching the Magnaflow Tru x resonated x but was unsure just how much effect it would have on my axle back?

Thought about some 12” resonators, did you mount yours in your H pipe?
Magnaflow resonated Xpipe made a pretty big difference in my exhaust. It sounds really good. I run the Steeda Xpipe normally, but if I have a trip planned then I’ll throw the resonated x pipe on.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of loud. MBRP is right up there with Roush AB and x-pipe in loudness. Mine sounds like a canon going off on startup. My son can hear me on the next road which is almost mile away.

OP
OP

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That’s the thing, I absolutely love the way it sounds. The crackles and pops when I shift (MT82) are amazing. It does drone pretty bad at 2k so I’m looking at the Magnaflow resonated tru x as an option to appease neighbours and get rid of drone. Only issue is I don’t know if the resonated tru x will quiet it down enough?

ash9785

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
If your exhaust is considered legal and doesn't violate any emissions or noise ordinances, I'm fairly certain there's literally nothing anyone can do. I agree with the others that the letter from a law firm is a scare tactic. Personally, I would explain that my exhaust is legal to all involved parties.

If you feel obligated to make a change, I agree with the others that it should be at the expense of the disturbed party.

5had0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP M6
Well, that’s an omission of some detail that leaves no leg to stand on for OP.

Nevermind. If it’s muffler deletes, I’ll take back my statement. Removal of mufflers from a vehicle is considered illegal in most states. Different story with axle backs WITH mufflers.

“No person shall drive a motor vehicle on a highway unless such motor vehicle is equipped with a muffler, or other exhaustsystem of the type installed at the time of manufacture, in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise, annoying smoke and smoke screens.“

Something along those lines is what you’ll find is law. Google your states law.
“Legality of no muffler in xyz state”
Sponsored