Jasmo123

JasmoGT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue
You can put a check valve pointing to the brake booster but it’s really not necessary in my opinion. The brake booster has a check valve mounted on it that prevents positive air flow only vacuum.
Sponsored

cookymunster_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt grabber blue
I really appreciate the help guys!
You can put a check valve pointing to the brake booster but it’s really not necessary in my opinion. The brake booster has a check valve mounted on it that prevents positive air flow only vacuum.

s550_kratos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
18' GT Premium Lightning Blue
Uhm I'm getting the p0556 code after a vortech install, is this similar I should look into all this vacuum stuff? I need help for those more inclined lol really appreciate any tips
20191031_110602.jpg

OP
OP
Jasmo123

Jasmo123

JasmoGT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue
So I assume your brakes are hard and difficult to press? My issue was that I didn't have the vacuum plumbed correctly. The best advice I can give is to get rid of that 4 port aspirator thing. It has a bunch of check valves that are sometimes hard to figure out which way to connect. You can use one of the two vacuum ports off the manifold and split it using some nice brass fittings that I got at Lowes. The plastic ones will break sooner or later. Just block off any vacuum ports on the CAI. That gets you the best amount of vacuum to the brake booster and the Blow Off Valve. The BOV needs a good sized hose and good vacuum source to work correctly. Don't worry about the brake booster it has its own check valve. So you won't get too much vacuum to it anyway. I hope this helps,

s550_kratos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
18' GT Premium Lightning Blue
I believe I may have identified the issue when I switched to a "vortech" plug and play catch can setup and didnt know what to do with the brakebooster and whatnot lol, im going to add photos tomorrow

Please do help lolol
Sponsored