Sponsored

Billet 5.0 Coyote Oil Filter Relocation Kits 2011-2018 Mustang GT / BOSS / GT350

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Will there by any noticeable drop in oil pressure with this extended unit and also a full separate oil cooler?

By doing this you are adding several feet of line to the filter, more line to the brick, more line back to the filter and then finally more line back to the block.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Will there by any noticeable drop in oil pressure with this extended unit and also a full separate oil cooler?

By doing this you are adding several feet of line to the filter, more line to the brick, more line back to the filter and then finally more line back to the block.
I'd be wary of any relocation kit that uses hoses that could collapse...more ways to end up with a failure that would end up catastrophic and I'd never wanna worry about that. How hard is it really to just undo the 4 7mm screws and take the plastic cover off? I mean that only takes me about a minute or two, and at least its not like the old days where the oil drains down over the frame...on the coyote a little end up on a few wires nearby, but that's pretty much it.

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
I'd be wary of any relocation kit that uses hoses that could collapse...more ways to end up with a failure that would end up catastrophic and I'd never wanna worry about that. How hard is it really to just undo the 4 7mm screws and take the plastic cover off? I mean that only takes me about a minute or two, and at least its not like the old days where the oil drains down over the frame...on the coyote a little end up on a few wires nearby, but that's pretty much it.
The hose used in this kit is NHRA approved steel braided reinforced. In 20 years of using this hose we have never seen or heard of anything like this. It is also burst tested over 150 PSI above normal operating pressure.

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
The hose used in this kit is NHRA approved steel braided reinforced. In 20 years of using this hose we have never seen or heard of anything like this. It is also burst tested over 150 PSI above normal operating pressure.
I guess my paranoia remembers well further back than just 20 years. Sounds like your set up is pretty bulletproof then. Thanks for the extra info.

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)

Pressure drop on a line this size is less than .1psi per foot, this kit includes 6 feet meaning the pressure drop would be about .5 psi which would be considered completely acceptable at even 10 times that amount so no reason for any concern. This kit is very popular for us, has been available for about 20 years from us and provides OE reliability.

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I guess my paranoia remembers well further back than just 20 years. Sounds like your set up is pretty bulletproof then. Thanks for the extra info.
Our pleasure!

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Our pleasure!
Hey while you are on here, I'd like to ask you a question about another product you sell. The lighter weight water pump pulley. How much hp does it save? I remember back in the day, our pushrod 5.0's responded well to the pulley kits as long as you didn't put a race one on an alternator that's a daily you were fine, and they revved a bit freer. Same concept? 5-10 whp? or a little less than that on average on an otherwise stock coyote engine?