Sponsored

Just moved to Sarasota - trustable Ford dealers to fix air conditioning?

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Just drove 20 hours / 1400 miles ish from Buffalo, NY to Sarasota, FL.

Finally settled in to the new apartment - such a beautiful city / area.

Back in Buffalo - we noticed the air conditioning spitting out warm air. Checked / filled the coolant - nothing. In Buffalo - no big deal not to have AC. In Sarasota - very very big deal - even with the top down, its just hot wind, lol...

No engine / trans / suspensions modifications (other than spark plugs, snow performance methanol injection), but I know some dealers love to hate modified cars. Gonna pull in with the anderson composites CF hood and i know they're just gonna go, wtf?!?

< 50,000 miles so factory warranty should still be good? If not I got an extended warranty when I bought it.

Warranty or not, it's gotta get fixed. I need some AC - even if the top is down.

Sarasota Ford (about 10 miles from me) ok or ?

Anything to check / look at on my own ? Anyone seen problems with AC < 50k miles ?!?

thanks guys
Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Just drove 20 hours / 1400 miles ish from Buffalo, NY to Sarasota, FL.

Finally settled in to the new apartment - such a beautiful city / area.

Back in Buffalo - we noticed the air conditioning spitting out warm air. Checked / filled the coolant - nothing. In Buffalo - no big deal not to have AC. In Sarasota - very very big deal - even with the top down, its just hot wind, lol...

No engine / trans / suspensions modifications (other than spark plugs, snow performance methanol injection), but I know some dealers love to hate modified cars. Gonna pull in with the anderson composites CF hood and i know they're just gonna go, wtf?!?

< 50,000 miles so factory warranty should still be good? If not I got an extended warranty when I bought it.

Warranty or not, it's gotta get fixed. I need some AC - even if the top is down.

Sarasota Ford (about 10 miles from me) ok or ?

Anything to check / look at on my own ? Anyone seen problems with AC < 50k miles ?!?

thanks guys
Sarasota Ford is a Reputable Dealer.
Sam Galloway Ford is only ~15 miles away from me and i drive 100 miles to Sarasota Ford if i need any warranty work done if that says anything.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The non-drive-train warranty is 3/36, but it sounds like you've got additional coverage.

it's probably the evaporator, especially if it failed over time, and the air was cooler right-to-left (i.e., cooler from the passenger side, hotter drivers side).

Anyway, yeah, that's a common failure in these cars, in fact, I had mine replaced under warranty in my former '16 GT (about 2 years / 12K miles). They have to pull most of the dash, the evap is under the passenger side, time consuming so costly, great if it's covered!

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Brandon Ford took care of us when we purchased the wifes 18 Ecoboost

LarryBinSJC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Need for Green
Vehicle Showcase
Very late to the thread but yes, Sarasota Ford is pretty decent for a dealer. I live much closer to Galloway which I honestly have no complaints with but I bought my Mustang from Sarasota Ford because they beat everyone in SWFL on price by about $3000. My buying experience with them was one of the smoothest and easiest car purchases I've ever made. As a result I've been making the hour and a half drive up there for most of what I've needed and so far my dealings with service have gone well. Plus their waiting area is pretty spiffy with movies rooms and a cafe. It also doesn't hurt that my kid is currently going to college in Sarasota so I have an extra incentive to make the trip.
Sponsored