Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
  • Banned
Ford Performance, Jim Owens made a hint...

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/10/30/ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-ford-gt/

After a daylong media drive, auto media and enthusiasts have only just opened the discussion on the 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. Nevertheless, the only thing better than the great toy you have in your hands is the potentially greater toy you might one day get. That why, on a trip to the Shelby American Heritage Center during the GT500 launch, CarBuzz asked the folks at Shelby American how far they might push the GT500's 5.2-liter supercharged Predator V8. Remember, Shelby already gets 800 horsepower out of the 5.0-liter Coyote V8 for its top-shelf Super Snake model, a gain of 340 hp over the current Mustang GT. It wasn't a Shelby exec who answered the CarBuzz query, however, but Ford Performance marketing manager Jim Owens, who said, "at least 1,000 [horsepower.]." That sounds like an insider's nod to how much firepower Ford left on the table waiting to be unlocked by a company like Shelby. An even four-figure number would, as with the Super Snake, add 240 hp to the stock GT500 tally.

Don't expect the Super Snake to go away, though. CarBuzz also asked what such a car might be called, and this time Shelby answered. Company President Gary Patterson told the site that Super Snake belongs to models powered by the 5.0-liter V8. The Predator would need to be christened with something else, which "may be a new name, or may be a name from the past."
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Keep the hype train rollin. I love it..

OP
OP
roygriffin2020

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
  • Banned
I am not sure why the Moderator keeps changing my posts to his liking.

Sponsored

OP
OP
roygriffin2020

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
  • Banned

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I too see KR back in the picture. Last KR with Ford blessing was 08. Only makes sense that the new model of the GT500 would get the KR again.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Ford Performance, Jim Owens made a hint...

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/10/30/ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-ford-gt/

After a daylong media drive, auto media and enthusiasts have only just opened the discussion on the 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. Nevertheless, the only thing better than the great toy you have in your hands is the potentially greater toy you might one day get. That why, on a trip to the Shelby American Heritage Center during the GT500 launch, CarBuzz asked the folks at Shelby American how far they might push the GT500's 5.2-liter supercharged Predator V8. Remember, Shelby already gets 800 horsepower out of the 5.0-liter Coyote V8 for its top-shelf Super Snake model, a gain of 340 hp over the current Mustang GT. It wasn't a Shelby exec who answered the CarBuzz query, however, but Ford Performance marketing manager Jim Owens, who said, "at least 1,000 [horsepower.]." That sounds like an insider's nod to how much firepower Ford left on the table waiting to be unlocked by a company like Shelby. An even four-figure number would, as with the Super Snake, add 240 hp to the stock GT500 tally.

Don't expect the Super Snake to go away, though. CarBuzz also asked what such a car might be called, and this time Shelby answered. Company President Gary Patterson told the site that Super Snake belongs to models powered by the 5.0-liter V8. The Predator would need to be christened with something else, which "may be a new name, or may be a name from the past."
If Shelby themselves up the hp by offering a enhanced version of the GT500? GT500KR would be the only name acceptable.

OP
OP
roygriffin2020

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
If Shelby themselves up the hp by offering a enhanced version of the GT500? GT500KR would be the only name acceptable.
Since the name Super Snake will stay as is, according to the article, then it makes sense that the KR is the moniker to be used.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Will the DCT handle that much power though?

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Ford would be better off working on lining body panels up properly first. I just finished watching the new GT500 video with Jay Leno driving around with that Ford rep. At 23:04 in that video I see what I have on my GT, and what Ford die hard's have been complaining about for years and years now....body panels not lining up on the front fascia/hood area...come on man, really? even this car? I'd be pissed if my long awaited order came to me with the typical out of alignment body panels that Ford has become notorious for.
Sponsored