What did you do to your GT350 today?

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Adjusted my tire pressure. Fall is here and the pressure went down with cooler temps. Felt a bit more tram lining while driving and checked pressure and it was at 30 on all four. So adjusted to 34 now. Cold of course.
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
A short drive down to the beach and back.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Spent an inordinate amount of time prepping my car for winter storage. An oil change, exterior detailing (damn those factory wheels), inflate tires to 40 psi and after the car dries thoroughly with the doors and trunk open, I’ll put the cover on. Now comes the longest 5 months of my life.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
^^^ Great prep work! I hear ya on the painful wait until next Driving season after she’s put away :crying:

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Adjusted my tire pressure. Fall is here and the pressure went down with cooler temps. Felt a bit more tram lining while driving and checked pressure and it was at 30 on all four. So adjusted to 34 now. Cold of course.
I tend to run mine closer to 37 when cold. Gives me good tirewear characteristics and helps keep tramlining at a minimum.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
The 350 is very sensitive to tire pressure changes. I'm always amazed at people who seem to have tire problems in a short amount of time, I don't think they keep up on it. Like you said.....keep the pressure where it should be..it really does make the tires wear more evenly. Mine are worn evenly at 17K miles street/highway/backroad miles, and I can get maybe 2K more of them. I find in the DC region I have to adjust tire pressure for temps as the seasons change. Mine is in an underground garage thats not heated or cooled, buy will remain constant once the seasons change over. Winter it gets down to 40 or so during a cold snap, summer when its in the 90's...it levels at 78 or so.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Installed front hook and added jacking rails on Saturday

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Nothing specifically done - drove her to the C8 unveiling in Fort Myers and sat in the C8. Unless the aftermarket comes up with nifty ways to increase the headroom, a C8 is not on my list of future cars... Im 6'6", passenger side legroom was a bit cramped but doable, but I was 2" or so above the roofline. Driver side I could scrunch down more, legrroom was fine, but still an inch or so above roofline.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Same with me and the C7..I'm 6'4" and 220...me no fit in the C7 at all....I adjusted all the seat controls...and still not fit...even if the very pretty GM car lady at the car show called me honey and tried her best to shoehorn me in there.......

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Last Saturday, the likely to be last good Shelby day of the season for the next 5 months, here's what I didn't do as planned:
Did not get to all the mods like BMR jacking rails, BMR front 2 point cross member, passenger's side FP catch can, headlight protective non-tint film, Jaeger Bros front flaps, Redline stainless hood struts, or FP blue air filter, or chin spoiler lettering,....nor reinstall new side badges (removed during PPF) nor even detail the exterior.
Instead I went out that morning in the Explorer Sport to get some parts for mods and find a Dunkin for some breakfast sandwich to kick off Shelby DIY activities. Got rearended and pushed 20' through an intersection while at a long stoplight by someone else who was also stopped but got slammed into by a phone distracted 17 year old in mommies 2019 Cherokee. Swell. Drove to ER for wrist & shoulder xrays (ok). By then it was 1:30pm with the best part of the precious nice day lost. Just (today) had the Insurance assessor review the SUV. I would have been crying by the roadside had I taken the Shelby out at 250 miles for that errand (I almost had).

BUT I salvaged last half of Saturday - despite aching wrist I took the GT350 out (had only 230 miles) for some stop & go traffic (incessant) and went to visit the rural friend who is storing the Shelby for the next 5 months among 4 vetts. Looks like a tight fit. Garage has heating to at least keep it above freezing which is good for the SC2's. My chin spoiler has a pinky, not index, finger's clearance in the ramp up to the garage. My "flat stoppers" from RaceRamps showed up yesterday - that will keep the SC2's off the concrete floor. Will need to disconnect battery because of house rules of no unattended power trickle charging around the vetts.
Went for a nice drive with that 30+ year long term friend & vette owner who thought my handling package was not particularly bad wrt to NVH. Also the type tick sound I had been worried about seems to not be there in any significant way - we agreed it seems like just injector noise. We also agreed that my passenger side strut looks like way to much camber based on the strut top appearance - that seems to be new. Took a fun jaunt on back roads & highway for the 1st time with anyone else who is a gear head (guy who suffered my long 9 month wait for the car). That eve the temp dropped to 45F so I took it easy esp on twisty but paved old farm roads. And while headed home as usual the sexy tail & gurney flap rear of the Kona w/Black & black attracted pickup trucks that want to tail gate (WTF?) even if I pull over to let them blow by.

Going to hate that i did not get to those projects.....BTW - I see no indication the gurney flap draws up damaging road debris so far. Just a little dust per the usual given its a rear panel area.

I now officially hate that "Winter's coming" - call it Game of Frowns.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Holy cow, glad you're ok.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Glad you are ok too.. your luck has to change and I hope its soon. Now you have 5 mo to plan your mods and maybe add some. Mine will heading for storage son as well. Hoping for one more nice weekend here.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Thanks guys.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
I cleaned the car and before I finished the ghouls and goblins began to arrive. I found that the kiddies like the Snickers but the adults were into a different candy....

6257748747_20191031185134_Moment.jpg

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I cleaned the car and before I finished the ghouls and goblins began to arrive. I found that the kiddies like the Snickers but the adults were into a different candy....

6257748747_20191031185134_Moment.jpg
What a nice driveway ............. ;-)
Sponsored