Street Sleeper question.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I have a 2015 mustang GT I am currently working a TON of overtime trying to get money together for the kit. I figured black Friday might be the time to buy. I am close to my goal for paying for the kit in cash. After that I will be buying some other stuff. Before install spring 2020. Anyways, I am shooting for 750 plus to the wheels. What is it honestly like living with a car making this much power. No, this is not my daily driver. It is drove occasionally and on the rare (well rare for now) days off work. Just curious.
Sponsored

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a 2015 mustang GT I am currently working a TON of overtime trying to get money together for the kit. I figured black Friday might be the time to buy. I am close to my goal for paying for the kit in cash. After that I will be buying some other stuff. Before install spring 2020. Anyways, I am shooting for 750 plus to the wheels. What is it honestly like living with a car making this much power. No, this is not my daily driver. It is drove occasionally and on the rare (well rare for now) days off work. Just curious.
With a good tune the car will drive 100% like stock. You will def need drag radials though or its a waste and you will spin all over the street when you're on it.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
You’ll have to be more careful with the go pedal. If you don’t have the right suspension/tire modifications, it’ll be really squirrelly.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
You’ll have to be more careful with the go pedal. If you don’t have the right suspension/tire modifications, it’ll be really squirrelly.
This. I didn't get a turbo, but I did get a stage 2 whipple on a base 2019 gt with no addons. I ordered new wheels and tires before I made it home from the dealer.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
This. I didn't get a turbo, but I did get a stage 2 whipple on a base 2019 gt with no addons. I ordered new wheels and tires before I made it home from the dealer.
I thought of going supercharged. I got 3.73 gears in my Performance Pack whipple would just destroy tires.

Sponsored

gstboy69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
5.0 2018
12k aprox . Work more overtime. I'm on the same boat the only difference that I have the kit but I dont install yet. Im in the process of buying all the stuff.
Example:
Fuel 3k with injectors
Oil Pumps 1.5k with labor
Lundtune with Gauge 1k
Tires with wheels 2k

Ect. Ect. :angry:

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
12k aprox . Work more overtime. I'm on the same boat the only difference that I have the kit but I dont install yet. Im in the process of buying all the stuff.
Example:
Fuel 3k with injectors
Oil Pumps 1.5k with labor
Lundtune with Gauge 1k
Tires with wheels 2k

Ect. Ect. :angry:
man I know the feeling. Sucks almost feel like I live at work and visit home right now. I will keep you in mind for the fuel set up. Right now my main priority is getting the sleeper kit. Trying to not cut into that fund to much. Are you using a stock block as well or did you just go ahead and build the motor. If you have the kit what options did you go with?

gstboy69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
5.0 2018
man I know the feeling. Sucks almost feel like I live at work and visit home right now. I will keep you in mind for the fuel set up. Right now my main priority is getting the sleeper kit. Trying to not cut into that fund to much. Are you using a stock block as well or did you just go ahead and build the motor. If you have the kit what options did you go with?
I have the Ball Bearing Hellion Brand Upgrade. Looks awesome. Black package.
I install boundary oil pump gears and Ford Racing Crankshaft.
And the Diet for the car the Steeda Rear and front bumper support (20lbs aprox), Deka ETX-18L (15lbs less) battery, delete resonators(15 to 20 lbs less). Me (30lbs less ajjaja). Coming soon (eliminate the cats and other parts.
Screenshot_20190927-230340_Samsung Internet.jpg

gstboy69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
5.0 2018
I need a Drag Setup shipped to Miami!!!!!

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought of going supercharged. I got 3.73 gears in my Performance Pack whipple would just destroy tires.
The Whipple on my PP car was a ton of fun. Any form of boost on these cars works well.

Sponsored

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in Oxford White
Hellion doesn't really have "sales" so I wouldn't be surprised if it's same normal price on the website. You may however be able to get a few hundred off from a vendor (ex. Hellhorse). I did this same thing for my 2015 GT a few months ago. Just be prepared to spend $$ on things other than the kit, because it really racks up. I would say save up double the price of the kit. I daily drive mine. I went with the base cast ball bearing ($500 upgrade) turbos, FIC 1000cc injectors, JMS BAP, eBoost controller. Boundary OPGs. I run 9.8lbs of boost. Never had it dyno'd but I'd say I'm in the low 700s WHP. It is PBD tuned, and drivability is pretty good, you'll just have to learn how it shifts. Every now and then I get a shutter-y jerky shift if I am in normal drive mode, but this is something I can get a revision for I'm sure. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, my car doesn't really spin. If you don't upgrade the torque converter it's not as brutal as you'd think with acceleration. From a roll, it can get a little squirrely if I mash the gas pedal of course. I'm running 305 Pilot sport 4S rear tires and they hook pretty great.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
I have the base 3.55 pumpkin and it is perfect with the whipple. Lets me blow the tires off anytime I want 1st through 4th, but not unmanageable or scary just pure awesomwness. I would have to say any sort of FI will add some serious smiles per gallon.