Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Yeah, I honked at someone the other day, and they laughed at me.

I came home and cried ...

:D

I need to do this too, ugh, sounds like a PITA, guess I'll track down a thread, get the part numbers, etc., er, unless you have them handy? Figure someone like White Bear Ford would have the best price online.
Part number for the double horn: JR3Z-13832-A
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
That the heated steering wheel button is a hidden little 1/4 sq in the middle of junk on the touch screen. Why not have a button on the steering wheel to turn it on and off?

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah, I honked at someone the other day, and they laughed at me.

I came home and cried ...

:D

I need to do this too, ugh, sounds like a PITA, guess I'll track down a thread, get the part numbers, etc., er, unless you have them handy? Figure someone like White Bear Ford would have the best price online.
I honked at someone turning into my lane in a double left turn and don't think they hardly noticed. That's when I figured it was a safety issue as well.

Dealer charged me $80 for half an hour of labor today. Ordered it at their parts department a couple of weeks ago for $40 with tax. $120 for what saved Ford probably $5, but at least it's done.

p.s. While I was waiting today, looked at the new cars parked out front and noticed they had a GT350R, with an additional market adjustment of +$15,399. :devil:

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
That the heated steering wheel button is a hidden little 1/4 sq in the middle of junk on the touch screen. Why not have a button on the steering wheel to turn it on and off?
Yeah, a hard button would've been appreciated, like the seats, but I guess all those "extra" options, they just toss into the center stack, easier than re-engineering the physical switch layout ...

I'm usually in Car Play, so I have to quit out of that UI, back to the native Ford Sync 3 interface, go back to Home, tap a soft button. WTF, hahahaha :D

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yeah, a hard button would've been appreciated, like the seats, but I guess all those "extra" options, they just toss into the center stack, easier than re-engineering the physical switch layout ...

I'm usually in Car Play, so I have to quit out of that UI, back to the native Ford Sync 3 interface, go back to Home, tap a soft button. WTF, hahahaha :D
I know right. for me the heated wheel comes on automatically if the temp outside is below a certain point. I get driving then release the steering wheel feels like someone's warm change they just handed you and have to dig around the screen to turn it off. I am one of the few the heated steering wheel is nice to take the chill off but other then that I don't like it.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Why can't I have trip AND gauges in the scrolling display. Really???? I write code for a living and it is really not that hard to have the display be additive. For that matter, why can't I scroll the odometer between trip1/2/odo and have the gauges up? That was how all cars did it since the 80'S!!! If I choose to have a list of 10 screens, so be it! I can always choose not to have them all. For that matter, why only allow me to select 3 gauges? Ever hear of a scroll bar? You have all those buttons on the steering wheel, use them!!

Also, why can't I have a custom menu page? I really hate that to select display gauges is so far in and to select trip is completely somewhere else? Why not have a single screen where all display roots are located.

Also, why can't this car, at least for exhaust, remember my previous selection? Why do I need to select it each time I drive?
They have a means to set a timer to push the car into quiet mode. Why can't we have a second timer that can be used to select a different exhaust mode and when they come on? At least then I would not need to program it all the time. I can choose to select track exhaust from say 9AM to 9PM and then quiet mode from 9PM to 9AM.

Also, you take away oil temp? Really? WHY????

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The worst thing for me? How my phone keeps dropping and reconnecting to the car over and over. Sometimes it works no issues, but others not so much. Still trying to figure out if its the car or my phone.
That and I'll agree with others on the exhaust settings not staying where you put them.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I swapped my horn out last month, put in the Wolo Bad Boy air horn. If you have the bumper cover off, it's simple and easy to reach, maybe a 10 minute job not counting the bumper cover.

Sponsored

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I have 2 dislikes that drive me semi nuts about my car.

1. The lack of memory in the toggle switches to me is inexcusable. Petty, yes, but come on its 2019, not 1990. We can make an instrument cluster that depicts a wheel doing a burnout, but cannot at least allow a memory setting for the toggle switches.

2. The Coyote engine. I bought this car to lightly mod and have fun with and now, with all the tick, rattle and slap issues that many have fallen victim to, I've chosen to leave it stock and perhaps trade it in when Ford gets this rectified, whenever that might be. Unfortunately I think some of their QC and manufacture engineering needs to be revamped.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Mine has snow tires on it. I plan on fixing that in April.

McGruder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue '19 GT w/ 10 spd
1. The rattles and squeaks after 3k miles. My old 01 pathfinder had 100k+ miles without such noises.
2. Seems like 1st gear could be a little lower on the 10 speed.
Sponsored