Sponsored

Just ordered Antigravity Lithium Battery

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
Looking to order a lithium battery for my 2019 gt350 to save some weight. Best model going to be the ATX-30HD for all around use, how long until you are selling the hold down brackets and/or where would I get one, what is approximate weight savings going with this battery over stock and would my Duracell lithium trickle charger work for this battery? Thanks for all the help!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Looking to order a lithium battery for my 2019 gt350 to save some weight. Best model going to be the ATX-30HD for all around use, how long until you are selling the hold down brackets and/or where would I get one, what is approximate weight savings going with this battery over stock and would my Duracell lithium trickle charger work for this battery? Thanks for all the help!
1. For the ATX30HD I used some of the spacer foam sold on the Antigravity website around the battery in the box just to stop it from being able to move. With the ATX20HD I used big zip ties tied to the cleat foot on the bottom of the tray. This works fine on the street, but for a track tech inspection they sometimes required a rigid mounting system for the battery, so yes, that will be the next order of business.

2. As long as the Duracell charger is spec'd for lithium batteries, as you state, it should be fine.

3. For stock GT350 batteries, Ford appears to have used both BXT67R and BXT99RT4 batteries, which weigh 28lb and 30lb respectively. The standard Mustang GT battery I believe weighs about 33lb. So with the ATX30HD you'd be shedding about 20lb.

Don't forget to order the battery posts to screw into the top of the battery.

Last edited:

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
1. For the ATX30HD I used some of the spacer foam sold on the Antigravity website around the battery in the box just to stop it from being able to move. With the ATX20HD I used big zip ties tied to the cleat foot on the bottom of the tray. This works fine on the street, but for a track tech inspection they sometimes required a rigid mounting system for the battery, so yes, that will be the next order of business.

2. As long as the Duracell charger is spec'd for lithium batteries, as you state, it should be fine.

3. For stock GT350 batteries, Ford appears to have used both BXT67R and BXT99RT4 batteries, which weigh 28lb and 30lb respectively. The standard Mustang GT battery I believe weighs about 33lb. So with the ATX30HD you'd be shedding about 20lb.

Don't forget to order the battery posts to screw into the top of the battery.
Thank you for your response! So the ATX30HD would be the best for my application of occasional driver (attached to a battery tender in a heated garage when not in use) with maybe a very rare track day or is there some other options I should be looking at? Thanks!

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Thank you for your response! So the ATX30HD would be the best for my application of occasional driver (attached to a battery tender in a heated garage when not in use) with maybe a very rare track day or is there some other options I should be looking at? Thanks!
I've been using the ATX20HD since July as a fair weather dd... No lithium maintainer needed. I've left it for up to two weeks at a time as well and no issues. I have been data logging as well and the battery never went below 90% charge on it's own... even in 30 degree weather.

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Hey fellas...back from SEMA and catching up on things. Thanks for the input as always! I believe we're just waiting on date confirmation for those trays we showed earlier in the thread for the ATX30-HD's but let me follow up with you guys once we have a definitive date. As always feel free to reach out directly. :)

[email protected]

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hey fellas...back from SEMA and catching up on things. Thanks for the input as always! I believe we're just waiting on date confirmation for those trays we showed earlier in the thread for the ATX30-HD's but let me follow up with you guys once we have a definitive date. As always feel free to reach out directly. :)

[email protected]
I just wanted to thank Scott, Chad, and Arlene for sending the ATX-20-HD mount for evaluation. I just got home from Europe last night and I plan to install the battery and tray sometime today.

My initial impressions are that the mount is solid. It is lightweight aluminum that appears to be stout, yet lightweight. What would be the point of a lightweight battery without a corresponding lightweight mount?

I am very excited to install this package and provide meaningful feedback pertaining to the product, the install, and the potential weight savings.

If this system works out, it would be the biggest no brainer (bang for the buck) for any track enthusiast who is trying to take weight off his car.

20191113_100823.jpg

20191113_101008.jpg

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Thanks for showing the Battery Tray Tom, sorry for the delays.

A couple things for those interested. The trays are expected to get to us by next week. We will have them for the ATX20 and ATX30 case sizes. Tom please let us know how the install goes, and what improvements you suggest... we know this particular tray will require attaching to the Tray by bolts and are looking at other mounting options for more of a stock fit as well.. but that might create a more bulky tray. Anyways we are always open to suggestion.

scott-

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks for showing the Battery Tray Tom, sorry for the delays.

A couple things for those interested. The trays are expected to get to us by next week. We will have them for the ATX20 and ATX30 case sizes. Tom please let us know how the install goes, and what improvements you suggest... we know this particular tray will require attaching to the Tray by bolts and are looking at other mounting options for more of a stock fit as well.. but that might create a more bulky tray. Anyways we are always open to suggestion.

scott-
I would be happy to share my simple yet effective solution. When I remove the tray for return to you, I will highlight the modification that I accomplished. Are the production mounts exactly the same?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Hey all,

The holiday season is here, and we got a Mega Black Friday sale coming up! From our Microstarts to Powersport Batteries & YES, our new range of Automotive Batteries with Wireless Built-In Jump-Starting are on sale as well! Check our website- https://antigravitybatteries.com/ or give us a call 310-527-2330

Use Coupon Code: "BF30" for All Microstarts; "BF25" for All Powersport; "BF15" for All Automotive Batteries.

Mega Sale- Black Friday (Friday, Nov 29th) to Cyber Monday (Monday, Dec 2nd).
Black Friday Sale-2019.jpg

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Wow! I wish I had known.....

Antigravity Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3 RS
Wow! I wish I had known.....
Tom we'll refund you the difference.... no worries.... it was within a few weeks of this and we don't want anybody left out.

I posted this I thought last week.... maybe I didn't press post reply... but your good... just contact me. [email protected] we'll give you the same discount and refund the difference.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Remember GT350 guys, you want the ATX20HD or ATX30HD.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tom we'll refund you the difference.... no worries.... it was within a few weeks of this and we don't want anybody left out.

I posted this I thought last week.... maybe I didn't press post reply... but your good... just contact me. [email protected] we'll give you the same discount and refund the difference.
Ah, that's ok. Dont worry about it.

Daytona is right around the corner. I'm looking forward to providing you a review.
Sponsored