Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't believe that the masses buy 100k plus sports cars.
The raging success of the Hellcat would suggest you're wrong... worst overall performer of the big 3 (even the widebody hellcat is slower at VIR than a PP2) yet sells in DROVES all because of that big 707

"In self-shifting mode, the dual-clutch snaps off swift, crisp gear changes. In manual mode? Those paddles might as well be hard-wired directly to your brain. Upshifts are instant, quicker than I remember experiencing in some recent Ferraris. The first few times you squeeze off an upshift at speed, it feels like you're playing an early-days racing video game with 8-bit sound effects. The thing just blinks into the next gear, as immediate as a hand clap."

"But among the performance-oriented paddle-shift transmissions out there right now, the GT500's is among the snappiest.
Just to play Devil's advocate here... you forgot to mention the part that they spoke to Ford engineers and were told that the paddles were overclocked and activate the next gear before being fully depressed to give the illusion of a quick reaction shift
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Just so you know, according to him, if you point out something shitty about a Ford product that you own, you also have to point out something shitty about a GM product as well, otherwise you're a troll.
Negative. It's just then when you act like a troll, you get called a troll. Doesn't matter who it is that calls you out. Don't act like one and you won't get called out on it. Simple.

You would enjoy life more if you simply joined a forum of something you are a fan of instead of posting in another forum just to try to rain on a product that threatens what you really like.
The raging success of the Hellcat would suggest you're wrong... worst overall performer of the big 3 (even the widebody hellcat is slower at VIR than a PP2) yet sells in DROVES all because of that big 707

Just to play Devil's advocate here... you forgot to mention the part that they spoke to Ford engineers and were told that the paddles were overclocked and activate the next gear before being fully depressed to give the illusion of a quick reaction shift
The way I read that from autoblog is that they were “overclocked” to actually engage faster. You pull, it engages right away. No “squish.”

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Negative. It's just then when you act like a troll, you get called a troll. Doesn't matter who it is that calls you out. Don't act like one and you won't get called out on it. Simple.

You would enjoy life more if you simply joined a forum of something you are a fan of instead of posting in another forum just to try to rain on a product that threatens what you really like.
I know reading comprehension escapes you, but one can't be a troll if one owns said product. You're just a snowflake, that's all.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
OBD/CAN-bus instrumentation will show it. What, you/they don't drag an oscilloscope and alligator clips to car test events? Nobody brought contact sensors and a Pi with inertial/gyro chips and 5 digit readout? What kind of half-assed testing regimen is this? :wink:

The other guys can and have instrumented theirs. So what's Ford's problem?

Please note my posts said nothing about Tremec's first high-power DCT being anything short of exemplary.
maxresdefault.jpg

I disagree with this. What they have done doesn't give the illusion of a quick reaction shift. They have reduced the system delay, giving a quick reaction shift. It's not an illusion. The overall system response needs to be accounted for here. They basically took some "slack" out of the system.

Regardless, much of their praise was the ability and performance of the transmission while still in auto mode.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Welll.. I would hope a car that's up 70 hp and is a $15k+ premium over the 1LE would be more than a second faster
From everything I can tell, the SS 1LE punches above its "weight class" on the road course. And the ZL1 1LE is also super fast. It's the daily enjoyment of driving the car where the GT350 really shines. That is why I want another GT350 and I'm probably not going to buy an SS 1LE instead. Even though the SS 1LE is a lot less expensive and I'm cheap - I know that I won't enjoy it as much as a GT350 and I will not be happy in the long run in the Camaro. I will probably test drive a few Camaros before making my final decision, but I've driven them before and I prefer the GT350 by a lot.

I disagree with this. What they have done doesn't give the illusion of a quick reaction shift. They have reduced the system delay, giving a quick reaction shift. It's not an illusion. The overall system response needs to be accounted for here. They basically took some "slack" out of the system.

Regardless, much of their praise was the ability and performance of the transmission while still in auto mode.
This is correct. Instead of having the signal to shift the transmission happen when the paddle is fully depressed, the signal is delivered when the driver STARTS to depress the paddle. This is genius! I would expect that the time to depress the paddle is actually LONGER than the time it takes for the DCT itself to shift. So, Ford engineers actually sped up shift time a huge amount by reducing the human contribution to shift time. As a Ford guy, I hope they were able to get a patent on this, because I absolutely love this idea.

So, the actual shift time of the transmission is important, but this innovation is amazing. Basically you are getting something for nothing.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I know reading comprehension escapes you, but one can't be a troll if one owns said product. You're just a snowflake, that's all.
speaking of...

has nothing to do with what you own and everything to do with how you conduct yourself.
As the great Forrest Gump proclaimed: “troll is as troll does.”

When the evidence favors something and you still try to twist and spin things or even make stuff up just to throw shade at it, you are a troll.

and you pretty much have that trollish limp going on.

you should join vettefriendly.com, Mustank.org, the trollmole.net or something where you can actual enjoy what they are promoting rather than posting on a forum just to be “that guy.”

That can’t be good for the ol’ liver. your health will thank you.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
A hellcat costs less than 70k on average. Even a demon isn't 100k. I stand by my statement. A 600hp Z06 will sell, be successful and be damn fast.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
From everything I can tell, the SS 1LE punches above its "weight class" on the road course. And the ZL1 1LE is also super fast. It's the daily enjoyment of driving the car where the GT350 really shines. That is why I want another GT350 and I'm probably not going to buy an SS 1LE instead. Even though the SS 1LE is a lot less expensive and I'm cheap - I know that I won't enjoy it as much as a GT350 and I will not be happy in the long run in the Camaro. I will probably test drive a few Camaros before making my final decision, but I've driven them before and I prefer the GT350 by a lot.
:thumbsup: Cool. Get what makes you happy.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
speaking of...

has nothing to do with what you own and everything to do with how you conduct yourself.
As the great Forrest Gump proclaimed: “troll is as troll does.”

When the evidence favors something and you still try to twist and spin things or even make stuff up just to throw shade at it, you are a troll.

and you pretty much have that trollish limp going on.

you should join vettefriendly.com, Mustank.org, the trollmole.net or something where you can actual enjoy what they are promoting rather than posting on a forum just to be “that guy.”

That can’t be good for the ol’ liver. your health will thank you.
Like I said. Snowflake.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Like I said. Snowflake.
It's not that @9secondko is sensitive, it's that your posts on here are all one dimensional anti-Ford. There's just so much bias in your posts it's difficult to ignore. Frankly, I don't believe you own any Ford vehicles. It just doesn't fit with your posts.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
It's not that @9secondko is sensitive, it's that your posts on here are all one dimensional anti-Ford. There's just so much bias in your posts it's difficult to ignore. Frankly, I don't believe you own any Ford vehicles. It just doesn't fit with your posts.
You guys are both beyond stupid. Go through my posts. I organize drives with members of this forum. I attended autocross events with members of this forum. All in my mustang. You guys are fucking snowflakes, that's is literally it. You keep screaming troll like a triggered liberal every time I post anything that you don't agree with. "Troll" is the only thing you have and you spout your opinion as fact.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You guys are both beyond stupid. Go through my posts. I organize drives with members of this forum. I attended autocross events with members of this forum. All in my mustang. You guys are fucking snowflakes, that's is literally it. You keep screaming troll like a triggered liberal every time I post anything that you don't agree with. "Troll" is the only thing you have and you spout your opinion as fact.
I would hate to hang out with you. You are so negative about Ford. It would drive me crazy.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You are so negative about Ford.
As an owner, one quickly discovers deficiencies and have every right to be negative about them and the morons at the helm who allowed them thru to production. Criticizing something you do NOT own (or at least driven a few times) is just vacuous pontificating. I'm an equal opportunity trasher of stupid (or praiser of good) be it the Mustang EB/GT or Camaro. My "negativity" of either side is reinforced the more I contrast the vehicles in question one day to the next.
Sponsored