Lot Rot?

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I've bought many cars that were sitting up to a year on the lot and had none of the issues you mentioned. The car I have now sat on the lot for over a year and was transported over 1500 miles to me without a scratch and still smelling new. I sure hope you don't believe what you posted.
I would not have posted if I didn't believe it. It really bothers me to see new Mustangs on dealer lots sitting there waiting to be sold, all having gone through PDI. Lots of times the front bumper cover is ruined with the plate bracket installed, the window sticker is damaged or completely off, all the delivery plastic is gone, the factory line sheets are gone, and various others assembly line stickers, decals and labels discarded with no thought as to the individual who will someday buy that car. I feel that the sooner a car is bought from dealer inventory after it arrives at dealership the less chance of anything mentioned above happening. A plug for my dealer Freehold Ford in Freehold, NJ. They understand what an enthusiast expects in buying new Mustangs and cater to the discriminating buyer. They don't dealer prep there cars until sold and save everything for the new owner. Ask for Shane M....he is a Hot Rod Harry's son and is a great young salesman and also an enthusiast.
Sponsored

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I would not have posted if I didn't believe it. It really bothers me to see new Mustangs on dealer lots sitting there waiting to be sold, all having gone through PDI. Lots of times the front bumper cover is ruined with the plate bracket installed, the window sticker is damaged or completely off, all the delivery plastic is gone, the factory line sheets are gone, and various others assembly line stickers, decals and labels discarded with no thought as to the individual who will someday buy that car. I feel that the sooner a car is bought from dealer inventory after it arrives at dealership the less chance of anything mentioned above happening. A plug for my dealer Freehold Ford in Freehold, NJ. They understand what an enthusiast expects in buying new Mustangs and cater to the discriminating buyer. They don't dealer prep there cars until sold and save everything for the new owner. Ask for Shane M....he is a Hot Rod Harry's son and is a great young salesman and also an enthusiast.
I guess you've had dealings with shitier Dealers than I have.

OP
OP

evildronepilot

Freakobooster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Race Red
I guess you've had dealings with shitier Dealers than I have.
So, I picked the car up last night! A mouse chewed through the sensor cable, or at least that's what they said. Either way, I absolutely love the thing so far. It rides a lot less bouncy and "rolly" than my 2015 EB PP, and oh my, the sound! It really is fantastic.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
check and make sure there aren't any other little guys elsewhere in the car hiding away.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So, I picked the car up last night! A mouse chewed through the sensor cable, or at least that's what they said. Either way, I absolutely love the thing so far. It rides a lot less bouncy and "rolly" than my 2015 EB PP, and oh my, the sound! It really is fantastic.
Congrats and enjoy the new car. You also have a new friend.
upload_2019-10-31_15-27-19.jpeg

Sponsored

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Mine was sitting for a year under cover. Dealer installed a fresh battery and everything is fine.

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think many folks have very different expectations of a car.
Some folks want to spend their weekends cleaning it.
Some preserve it as an investment time capsule with every factory sticker still in tact.
For me it’s just a really cool daily driver to use and abuse. I’m a working guy so the cheaper the better when it comes to closing the deal. I wouldn’t even notice minor paint defects as it gets hosed down once a month by the hand car wash guys and yes that may swirl the paint but I don’t ever get close enough to see it.
It has a warranty so that pretty much covers faults till you flip it.
The comments in this post cover all these different expectations, none are right or wrong, just different opinions, so decide what works for you.
Hope you enjoy the car and it brings you your kind of happiness, whatever that is.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Cars out on the lot get test driven and moved around constantly.
depends heavily on inventory and customer interest. I've visited dealer overflow lots ("high volume" dealers) and some of the rotting Mustangs were absolutely covered in bird poo and dirt so thick you could grow tomatoes in them. And no, all body panel plastic had long since been removed.
Sponsored