GT350R Pedal Box Creak While Turning Left

zjgross1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 Lightning
I just sent my '20 R in for service. When I make a left hand turn from a stop, I hear a creaking noise and feel a vibration in the pedal box (clutch pedal and brake, maybe gas too). It happens at low speeds only. Has anyone had this issue?

The issue was recreated at the dealer with a service tech driving.The tech seemed perplexed by the problem and never dealt with it before, albeit they service a lot of GT350s. If anyone has had this issue and solved it please let me know.
Sponsored

Cypherious

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have it on a standard GT350. Dealer has been unable to fix and just blamed it on the bumpsteers. I've finally given up after months of taken it to the dealer. 2nd owner - cant lemon law it.

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
I just sent my '20 R in for service. When I make a left hand turn from a stop, I hear a creaking noise and feel a vibration in the pedal box (clutch pedal and brake, maybe gas too). It happens at low speeds only. Has anyone had this issue?

The issue was recreated at the dealer with a service tech driving.The tech seemed perplexed by the problem and never dealt with it before, albeit they service a lot of GT350s. If anyone has had this issue and solved it please let me know.
So there are 3 studs that hold that assembly in place. On my 2019 gt350 2 nuts were torqued sufficiently to the studs, but one nut was just barely started on the stud (thus only 66% of the intended torque needed for that part). Bad quality control and you would assume someone would have noticed when that part was torqued in place?

I assume the dealer would have noticed this right away, but it might be worth checking......

OP
OP
zjgross1

zjgross1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150 Lightning
Sorry for ignoring this and misplacing the thread... Here is the end result:

Car spent over 70 days in the shop. Ford Engineer was flown to NJ and recommended replacing control arms. That didnt work, engineer returned and hooked chassis ears up to the car. It was diagnosed as a bad firewall weld. The fix is to pull the engine and dash and reweld the firewall. The engineer recommended my car as a candidate to be bought back. Ended up getting reacquired by Ford and I got a heritage edition 350R chassis # LR004.

All is well that ended well, even though this was a helluva torturous and time consuming ride.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
Sorry for ignoring this and misplacing the thread... Here is the end result:

Car spent over 70 days in the shop. Ford Engineer was flown to NJ and recommended replacing control arms. That didnt work, engineer returned and hooked chassis ears up to the car. It was diagnosed as a bad firewall weld. The fix is to pull the engine and dash and reweld the firewall. The engineer recommended my car as a candidate to be bought back. Ended up getting reacquired by Ford and I got a heritage edition 350R chassis # LR004.

All is well that ended well, even though this was a helluva torturous and time consuming ride.
Congratulations. This follow up is great to hear, and nice to hear that the FoMoCo came through for you. Pics please???
Sponsored