Sponsored

How many winter drivers

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Fortunately I rarely need to drive in the snow and since I no longer daily commute for work I don't need to even drive in the rain. For the off times or for recreation (to go skiing) we will take the Pilot (and snow tires). I have snows for the R32, but have not put them on the last few years as I really don't need them. If I did need to drive in the snow or the salt infested roads regularly, I would be doing it with something like a Subaru Crosstrek.
Sponsored

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
My '18 GT Premium 401A is my fourth Mustang, and all four have been year round daily drivers, Cleveland, Ohio. Snow and rust belt. Ziebart for rust prevention, paint treatment (ceramic on the '18), window tint (ceramic on the '18). I get it inspected every year and resprayed, get the underbody spray washed at least twice a year. Have not had any rust or paint problems caused by salt, road, etc.

PLindsey725

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
My 2015 GT has Conti DWS on from now till spring when I can swap back to my PS4s , but it will sit in the garage most of the winter as I have a SVT Focus as a daily, but will be itching to drive it whenever possible. KY winters can be real hit or miss, the last few have been mild so hopefully that will be the case this year.

Huck FInn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 2nd Engine
I have been driving Mustang GT Converts 12-months/year since 2007, with 357,000 total miles on a 2008 (128,000 miles) and my current 2012 with 229,000 miles. I've never got stuck or slid off the road even though I've had to drive through some very bad blizzards. I live on the 45th parallel in Wisconsin and travel extensively for work. I do have two sets of Ford Racing 19 x 9 wheels, one with dedicated winter tires which are Pirelli Sotozero III, and I replace them long before they get to the wear bars. In the north, people who think they can get by on 'all season' tires are the ones who end up in the freeway ditches or worse.

I have a 2020 GT350 on order and it will replace the 2012 GT as my work car, 12 months per year. I will have a set of 19 x 9 wheels so I can run the same Pirellis for the winter.

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Year round daily driven in Colorado. Cleaned off snow today.
c_oc=AQkzPMF6Qm4w-rnZf2DPR-YncWHWm3BjlQhvj4fwCD_cefF6KZCKY7fs_7QG_PRuAus&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-2.jpg

c_oc=AQmBEQTvLrCfSpxq_9ncgUZP631s2rfOvkD301jYZ6ar_dXwHbv5cFFppKXfdcOe2wE&_nc_ht=scontent.fapa1-1.jpg

Sponsored

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Blizzacks and 50lb (or more) over each rear wheel. Good luck...
Exactly my setup. I found 80 lbs of free weights at a thrift store.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I'm not convinced that weight in the back will help the Mustang. They usually do that with 2WD pickups and vans cause they're too light in the back when not loaded. Also, the problem in winter is usually steering and braking, not accelerating.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
The sottozeros are pretty boss in the snow, and on dry pavement. I think they outperform nokians in the dry (below freezing of course).
Better than Blizzaks?

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I did exhaustive research before choosing the pirellis. The blizzaks aren't in the same category for braking, cornering, etc. Better by far than an "all-season", but nowhere near the sotto's or hakke's.
I have Conti DWS's on right now. Bought wheels and tires from a friend dirt cheap (road rashed from his wife) when he changed them out on his Genesis. Was gonna roll the dice on the "all seasons" and hope it'll be a more mild winter here in WA. Just in case though, I'll have some legit snow tires sourced and now I'll look into those Sotto's. Thanks!
Mine34.jpg

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I'll be driving seven days a week this winter, just like I have for the past 33 years.

BUT..., just like the past eight years, I'll be doing it in a Chevy Cruze 1.4L :crying:

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious how many people drive their car through winter ? Like actual snow not this Florida winter crap lol
Austin, TX here and this is my only car so I'll be driving it this winter.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Let's be realistic here. the real point of this thread is to discuss driving in places where it snows. Just because the calendar indicates it is winter wasn't what the OP was thinking about. The OP wants to know if you take the car out in sub freezing temps and how you deal with a Mustang under those conditions.

Let's look at the first post and remind ourselves what the thread is about

Just curious how many people drive their car through winter ? Like actual snow not this Florida winter crap lol

I think those who live in the "snow-free" belt have given their jokes and indicate they drive in those months but do not see snow. Congrats for all of you to live where it doesn't snow.

I think we should focus on the snow belt areas. It might be interesting to open another thread on driving in a snow free zones of the world and the things you need to do to protect the car there. I am sure the guys who live say along So. Cal beaches or Arizona desert might discuss dealing with wind driven sand or high heat. I am sure red cars take a beating in the sun belt and could fade. What do you us to protect them?. Things like that.

There are many new Mustang owners who would like to hear what you do in the snow belt and if you do drive it in snow and sleet, how do you prepare the car.

thanks

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Sponsored