Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

SiddVicious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Kona Blue
I did a similar strategy as you OP, I waited until the 2019 mustangs were being sold and they still had 2018 mustangs on the lot. I found a PP1 GT that I liked, there were dead spots in every tire. Not only did i get a great deal on it since they wanted to move it off the lot, i got 4 brand new tires as well. Buy that pony!

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t be afraid to buy it. Honestly, Toss a smidge of gas cleaner in it seafoam or whatever to clean any possible sitting gas through the lines.

then drive dog piss out of it. The warranty starts when you buy it.

I bought my 17 in feb 2019, and I have til feb 2022.

I hit 17k miles in the last 7 months lol. Have them do a battery test though, mine worked just fine but I wantsd it checked anyway, it was like 20% capacity from sitting for 2 years

now the only difference is, mine sat inside 2 full years on showroom. The dealer had 2 of them, he even has brand new Shelby mustangs from like 08 just sitting on floor. Sad

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Nov 2018 build purchased in May, so it sat for 6 months. and im assuming it was due to the 50k+ price tag, with incentives and the memorial day military and private cash back i got it for 39.. id do it again in a heart beat. my paint wasnt that bad, the front seat had some wear in the bolster just barely noticeable. they took care of it for me and i paint corrected it and ceramic coated it myself. I wouldnt feel bad about buying a car within a couple years. after that idk. would have to have some steep discounts.

On a side note, i wish those new car grave yards would be open for public buying. Finding a "NOS" 13MY vehicle would be perfect for my kids or others in a lower budget income.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I'm in the PNW also. My buddy bought a 19 off the lot and it looked great when he picked it up, but later he noticed it was waterspotted and no matter what he tried, he had to pay to have it fully paint corrected, so if you have a good eye and its not waterspotted, you should be fine. Just need to CAREFULLY look it over first. I wonder if they'd put in a fresh battery for you.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Our car sat on the lot for nearly 8 months in the suburbs of Atlanta. Built on 1-5-15 and sold in late August. Tires and paint were in perfect condition. The fully optioned cars sit on the lot longer than the base models.

If the dealership maintains the fleet properly you will be fine.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I personally prefer to buy cars that havent been sitting. Too many issues can happen or happened and you will never know about it. I don't recommend it unless saving money is the ultimate goal. I feel that buying a new car/truck-especially a Mustang only happens so often in life that I want the car to be as nice/close to perfect as possible. These cars aren't perfect the second they come off line. The are a massed produced FoMoCo product. The less time a car has been on a lot the better chance it won't have- transport damage-acid rain damage-bird dropping damage-dealership "detail guy" car washes-PDR-test drives-panels repainted-wheels tires stolen and replaced etc......

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
I personally prefer to buy cars that havent been sitting. Too many issues can happen or happened and you will never know about it. I don't recommend it unless saving money is the ultimate goal. I feel that buying a new car/truck-especially a Mustang only happens so often in life that I want the car to be as nice/close to perfect as possible. These cars aren't perfect the second they come off line. The are a massed produced FoMoCo product. The less time a car has been on a lot the better chance it won't have- transport damage-acid rain damage-bird dropping damage-dealership "detail guy" car washes-PDR-test drives-panels repainted-wheels tires stolen and replaced etc......
I've bought many cars that were sitting up to a year on the lot and had none of the issues you mentioned. The car I have now sat on the lot for over a year and was transported over 1500 miles to me without a scratch and still smelling new. I sure hope you don't believe what you posted.

OP
OP

evildronepilot

Freakobooster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Race Red
So, I bought a broken car. :cwl:

Went to the dealership in Snohomish, and the salesman was pretty busy, so he's like "You can go and sit in the car and play around, kid." Ok, not quite, but I sat in the car, turned it on, and was greeted with Advancetrac warnings, hill start control warning, and 2 traction control lights. He takes it to the shop, grabs the codes real quick, and they point to the passenger-side wheel speed sensor. Anyways, no big deal. We test drive it, and after I made some stupid jokes about it being his scariest test drive ever, I decided that I'm a moron and would like to buy this broken thing.
My logic, before anyone laughs too hard, or berates me :crackup: :
1. If there's ever anything seriously bad, it usually shows itself right away. So I got this one out of the way.
2. It's super wet in the PNW. There's condensation everywhere, and I would bet that the sensor is just a little rusty.
3. How many times does this happen and we just don't see it first hand? I would bet thousands.
4. Or maybe it's because this is a mythical Friday car and I'm just going to be f#$%ed.

So it could be a wheel speed sensor or it could be a larger problem. I'm honestly not worried. This car put the biggest smile on my face in years from the moment I pushed the button. The funniest thing is that I got to take home the owner's manual, so I was like "Look honey, I bought a $39,000 book!"

I'm going to guess that I'll have the car by Thursday or Friday. The salesman thinks possibly tomorrow, but I seriously doubt it.

I present to you, Harlequin!
IMG_0602.jpg

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I found a 2019 GT Premium PP1 manual with Magneride, 400A, Active Exhaust, and B&O sound on a lot for $39K.
The problem is, the blend date is 12090329. This is March 29, 2019, right? So, this car has been sitting on the lot for probably 6 months if you factor in shipping. Are there any concerns that I should have about it? All I can think of is flat-spotted tires and paint that hasn't been taken care of. Should I really be worried? Why has it taken so long to sell? I'm guessing it was too competitive with the Bullit at the price they were advertising (MSRP of $47930)
Paint shouldn't be an issue, I know in Oz the cars arrive with plastic sheet stuck to every panel and it isn't removed until the dealer does the pre-delivery but I'm unsure if this is the case in the States.

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
That looks awesome in red congrats. Lot rot 6months? still seems like nothing to me.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
So, I bought a broken car. :cwl:

Went to the dealership in Snohomish, and the salesman was pretty busy, so he's like "You can go and sit in the car and play around, kid." Ok, not quite, but I sat in the car, turned it on, and was greeted with Advancetrac warnings, hill start control warning, and 2 traction control lights. He takes it to the shop, grabs the codes real quick, and they point to the passenger-side wheel speed sensor. Anyways, no big deal. We test drive it, and after I made some stupid jokes about it being his scariest test drive ever, I decided that I'm a moron and would like to buy this broken thing.
My logic, before anyone laughs too hard, or berates me :crackup: :
1. If there's ever anything seriously bad, it usually shows itself right away. So I got this one out of the way.
2. It's super wet in the PNW. There's condensation everywhere, and I would bet that the sensor is just a little rusty.
3. How many times does this happen and we just don't see it first hand? I would bet thousands.
4. Or maybe it's because this is a mythical Friday car and I'm just going to be f#$%ed.

So it could be a wheel speed sensor or it could be a larger problem. I'm honestly not worried. This car put the biggest smile on my face in years from the moment I pushed the button. The funniest thing is that I got to take home the owner's manual, so I was like "Look honey, I bought a $39,000 book!"

I'm going to guess that I'll have the car by Thursday or Friday. The salesman thinks possibly tomorrow, but I seriously doubt it.

I present to you, Harlequin!
IMG_0602.jpg
Nice pony! Enjoy your ride, order some mods. :clap:

OP
OP

evildronepilot

Freakobooster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Race Red
Nice pony! Enjoy your ride, order some mods. :clap:
Thanks! The only things I have planned for it are the black badges and a good quality vinyl wrap for the roof. We'll see what else comes down the road, though :D

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Thanks! The only things I have planned for it are the black badges and a good quality vinyl wrap for the roof. We'll see what else comes down the road, though :D
You made a good deal on a very nice car in my opinion.
Sponsored