Sponsored

Most 2019’s no Recaro seats?

Landsteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Looking at 2019’s most have the optional leather sports seats.
Were the Recaro seats not available?
I would like those seats as it goes with the car better, in my opinion.
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Really? Did not know that. I guess Ford must know something about the 2019 buyer then.

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
The cooled seats are a $500 option in 2019, so it's most likely dealerships hedging their bets and trying to appeal to the masses and also making more money with a higher optioned car. Not everyone can fit into the recaros....

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
People are too fat. Have you seen the average American lately?

And 97% of people never do a track day anyway.

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
The leather trimmed seats add heating and cooled seats, power lumbar as well as electric adjustments and memory positions. Further they retract when the ignition is turned off making for easier entry and exit. That is a lot of feature for a $500 option whether or not the Recaro's fit the driver's build.

Last edited:

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
ts as well as electric adjustments and memory positions. Further they retract when the ignition is turned off making for easier entr
The leather trimmed seats add heating and cooled seats as well as electric adjustments and memory positions. Further they retract when the ignition is turned off making for easier entry and exit. That is a lot of feature for a $500 option whether or not the Recaro's fit the driver's build.
While I don't disagree that it is a lot of features for the money, it was included free of charge in the 2018 convenience package. The $500 cost was added after separated out the heated/cooled seats option in 2019. :)

FYI - I think you misinterpreted my velocity blue opinion as criticism of the color, it was a toss up of both colors for me too when I decided on my 19R. :rockon:

OP
OP

Landsteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
The leather trimmed seats add heating and cooled seats as well as electric adjustments and memory positions. Further they retract when the ignition is turned off making for easier entry and exit. That is a lot of feature for a $500 option whether or not the Recaro's fit the driver's build.
I did not know that those extra features are included with the leather seats.
I just like the look of the Recaro seats, it will be just a bit harder to find now.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
While I don't disagree that it is a lot of features for the money, it was included free of charge in the 2018 convenience package. The $500 cost was added after separated out the heated/cooled seats option in 2019. :)

FYI - I think you misinterpreted my velocity blue opinion as criticism of the color, it was a toss up of both colors for me too when I decided on my 19R. :rockon:
I had the leather in my 16 and 17 and they didn't retract when ignition turned off. Maybe an added feature in 18 or 19. But obviously every one has an opinion but being an old fart that didn't track my cars there was a world of difference in the nice comfort of the leather verses the Recaro which are like sitting on a brick and no power adjustment, just forward and back. The leather were some of the most comfortable seats I've had for on a long road trip. And I liked being able to move the seat up some.

Sponsored

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I had the leather in my 16 and 17 and they didn't retract when ignition turned off. Maybe an added feature in 18 or 19. But obviously every one has an opinion but being an old fart that didn't track my cars there was a world of difference in the nice comfort of the leather verses the Recaro which are like sitting on a brick and no power adjustment, just forward and back. The leather were some of the most comfortable seats I've had for on a long road trip. And I liked being able to move the seat up some.
Sorry, I was referring to the actual leather seats and not the memory/power tilt function. I had the leathers in my 2018 and recaros in my 19R, they both have their pros and cons. Ease of egress and ingress is definitely a huge plus for the comfort seats.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my car so the dealer had no choice. I am 6' 1" at 205 pounds and fit very nicely in the standard Recaro seats.

Here is the sticker:
Voodoo7.JPG

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®

Convenience package on 2018s was $3000. Technology package on 2019s and 2020s is $2000. Adding $500 for the seats, you are still $500 ahead. Of course, the MSRP itself for 2019 went up, so there's that.

Yes, I noticed this too, when I was waiting for my 2019 (with Recaros). At first, I thought they were building those with sofa seats first and that's why mine wasn't being scheduled although I placed my order way early. Then I realized that most of the 2019s were ordered with sofa seats.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, can anyone make a picture of the luxury sofa-like seats? I've never seen them.
Sponsored