Sponsored

Bump stop

carholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Range Rover
I just got my R about 3 weeks ago. I noticed that at low frequency bumps, even at 25 mph, the car will feel like the suspension has bottomed out and the car would literally hop and the experience is unpleasant to say the least. I have had very stiff suspended cars, but I feel that I was experiencing a lack of ability for more suspension travel rather than stiff shocks or springs.

Would it help if I get stiffer springs so the springs will be so stiff that it would hold up the car and not let the suspension bottom out? I am also thinking maybe the dealer didn't remove the springs stoppers during PDI?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I think you’re right. Get a flashlight and look for the spacers

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If I recall, white in front, yellow in rear. The non-R’s only had one set which is why many dealers forgot to remove the second set on the R’s.

Sponsored

OP
OP
carholic

carholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Range Rover
The dealer never gave me the stoppers until I asked for them after delivery. Then they mailed me a pair of yellow ones. Sounds plausible that they didn’t even know of the front ones and that they are still on the car.

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
The dealer never gave me the stoppers until I asked for them after delivery. Then they mailed me a pair of yellow ones. Sounds plausible that they didn’t even know of the front ones and that they are still on the car.
do the front ones look the same as the rears? My dealer said that they were only in the rear. I have a 17 R

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
If I recall, white in front, yellow in rear. The non-R’s only had one set which is why many dealers forgot to remove the second set on the R’s.
The non R's don't have any stoppers not at least on the 16 and 17.

DBL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
The non R's don't have any stoppers not at least on the 16 and 17.
Nor do the 2020s. According to the PDI checklist, only the R’s have the stops.

OP
OP
carholic

carholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Range Rover
Well, my salesman found out from the technician that he did not remove the front spring stops. I now have an appointment next week to have them removed.
Sponsored