Sponsored

GT350 Detail Questions

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hi folks,

I have a new 2019 GT350 and have some detail questions.

• Black trim: The black trim on the front cover, splitter, rockers, rear bumper is very different than the textured black plastic that was on my 09. What do you use on this?
  • Seats: I have the leather seats, but the centers seem to be more cloth like to allow the vented seats to operate, what do you use to clean the center cloth like portion of these?
Thanks!
Sponsored

Boostamoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT
To clean the black trim I'd recommended a boars hair brush as it will better clean the textured trim than a wash mitt.
Dunk it in the soapy water after you've washed the car and scrub the trim. To protect it I'd recommend a plastic coating for the longest durability. CQuartz DLux is my go to choice otherwise you can dress it with some VRP.

For the seats the side bolstering is likely vinyl. Any mild leather or Vinyl cleaner will do. The inserts will likely be alcantara which is a synthetic suede. To clean the inserts I highly recommend Sonax Alcantara Cleaner as it works wonders on my alcantara seats. Use this stuff on the steering wheel too to bring it back to life when it gets grody.

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Tire Mud really doesn't have the best longevity. As in post 2, I recommend coating the plastics. It will offer protection them from UV damage and help prevent staining. Much more "permanent" than a dressing.
Sponsored