Sponsored

What options that you got on your Mustang were worth the money and which were not?

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
301A , magneride and the a10 were all worth the options

as was the velocity blue paint

I wish pp1 came with the option to use the pp2 wheels though, that was the only thing which was annoying
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Got all options, all "worth" the price.
Same for me. I special ordered so I knew what options I wanted. So far none feel "overpriced" and they work as expected.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Zero regrets since I ordered what I wanted.

However, it was sort of a pisser that I had to spec a Premium car with the premier trim option in order to get my red seats; the only options I really wanted were the PP and red leather. I would have been fine with a base car with a leather option, I despise touchscreens in cars and I think I've had the radio on twice since picking it up in April 2015....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm at an age where creature comforts rank right up there with performance. My GT/CS is loaded. I love it just the way it is. The 401A is great, love the digital dash. The active exhaust is a no brainer for those leaving their car stock. The B&O system is nice but realistically for the amount i use it the standard system would have been fine. Same goes for the security system. Take it or leave it. I really do like the Safe & Smart package. I'm not getting younger and the majority of drivers here suck. A little warning beep and/or light is a good thing. I have also fallen in love with adaptive cruise. Only thing I would have like was the 3.55 gearing but it's really no big deal.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
DSR1 w/T-Harness, Pioneer GM-DX975 and Pioneer/Infinity speakers.

Edit: Oh, Rockford-Fosgate 10" Subwoffer, the car didn't have one and this was cheap enough for starters
Thanks but no thanks, I was hoping it was a simple fix.:like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I'm at an age where creature comforts rank right up there with performance. My GT/CS is loaded. I love it just the way it is. The 401A is great, love the digital dash. The active exhaust is a no brainer for those leaving their car stock. The B&O system is nice but realistically for the amount i use it the standard system would have been fine. Same goes for the security system. Take it or leave it. I really do like the Safe & Smart package. I'm not getting younger and the majority of drivers here suck. A little warning beep and/or light is a good thing. I have also fallen in love with adaptive cruise. Only thing I would have like was the 3.55 gearing but it's really no big deal.
That adaptive cruise is amazing I love it. God I hate just as you set cruise then some car slows down or pulls in front and then you have to reset it again and again... not with adaptive cruise. I cheat it a bit. I speed up over speed limit and then set it and then get behind a car doing speed limit. Car then drives self. I go as fast as them and if someone pulls between us it adjusts the speed. I love not having to hit brakes or reset cruise.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I had a 1987 Mercury Cougar with a digital dash and it really sucked. The new digital stuff is too busy with a lot of things you don't need to see. Would I want a HUD, hell yeah
I would.
The digital dash is too fancy for me, but yes I would love a HUD. Just a simple display of speed and RPM. Then a dash of all smaller gauges, dimmed until you press and hold down a button on the steering wheel, for only periodic checking of statuses.

Okay maybe the oil temp gauge staying lit up until the car's ready to rock. The gauges could double as idiot lights this way, lighting up on their own only when there's a problem. Guess I should memorize what are all the normal operating ranges for my gauges.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks but no thanks, I was hoping it was a simple fix.:like:
Making crappy speakers sound good is impossible, that was as easy as it was gonna get for what I wanted, upgrading the speakers just didn't do it. It helped immensely and I suggest you at least do that for yourself.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Making crappy speakers sound good is impossible, that was as easy as it was gonna get for what I wanted, upgrading the speakers just didn't do it. It helped immensely and I suggest you at least do that for yourself.
I'm going to swap the speakers and if not satisfied I'll dig deeper. The stock system in my 2014 Premium was kick ass compared to this.

LarryBinSJC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Need for Green
Vehicle Showcase
19 GT Premium, PP1, A10, Active Exhaust, spoiler delete, Need For Green. I special ordered because I spent a lot of time researching, test driving, and deciding what I wanted. Zero regrets with any of the options I purchased.
GT Premium, ordered primarily for the leather and cooled seats which really do help a lot in SWFL, and the larger display.
PP1 because I liked the wheels (yes that is a stupid reason) and the brakes. Black wheels were a must with the color.
A10 because I just had a total knee replacement on my left knee. If manual were an option I would have bought a Bullit in Highland Green. But in all honesty I'm glad I got what I did. That said I'd swap the PP1 wheels for the Bullit wheels in a heartbeat.
Active exhaust because I live in a very quiet neighborhood with good neighbors and wanted to keep it that way. But once on the road it's time to let her sing.
Spoiler delete because I love the lines of the S550 and I don't care for the PP1 spoiler.
I also went with analog gauges over the digital. I like the look better. More classic.
Need For Green because I tend towards more "exciting" colors. Lots of greens and reds in my car history. I realize it isn't for everybody. It took me nearly two months to find one on a dealer lot so I could see it in person before I ordered it. I LOVE this color. I've yet to see another NFG in my area. Two notes of caution about it though. First it's impossible to be incognito in this car. Second, prepare to be approached by strangers who want to talk to about it on a regular basis.

Again zero regrets about any of those choices.

Last edited:

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Two notes of caution about it though. First it's impossible to be incognito in this car. Second, prepare to be approached by strangers who want to talk to about it on a regular basis.
I have the same issues with grabber blue. In the last 2.5 years I've only seen one other S-550 in grabber blue in the Cleveland area. There are a handful of GB S-197's around but they had a 5 year run on the 197 body, whereas the 550 was a one year only deal, 2017

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to swap the speakers and if not satisfied I'll dig deeper. The stock system in my 2014 Premium was kick ass compared to this.
I had a 2012 V6 Premium that I am looking for a cliff to drive off to find again, I loved that car, it did everything right. Daily Drivers are V6 cars. I have had a few and my foot is on the floor all the time. 50(80) to each light, warming the trans to just enough slippage.

Connies are gonna come up soon...

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack with pretty much all of the options minus the black roof and black badges. Here’s my take as this is my first Mustang.

401A Package, I’ve always had leather and haven’t had cloth since the late 90’s so I had to get this. The leather, heated and cooled seats are awesome especially the cooling in Texas. Heated is nice when it’s chilly outside and the automatic start takes the chill or heat out of the seats. Heated steering wheel isn’t something I’ll use many times but it’s a great option when I go visit family in Missouri. I also liked the look of the center console. Although it’s not leather at least it’s soft touch and looks nice. Durable and nice. The digital 12” dash is awesome. Love that I can change the look based upon my mood. The gauges, the colors, the layout, it’s all great. FordPass rocks! I love to be able to lock my car, start my car, see the status of my vehicle location, oil life, tire pressure etc. The 8” touch screen Sync 3 is very responsive and looks very nice. I normally am not a big fan of factory navigation however this one is pretty darn good. Love that I don’t have to rely on my cell service for my phone. BLIS is very nice with the cross traffic as I remember when Volvo first introduced BLIS and it was awesome back in the day. Old Volvo owner here! Memory seat function for mirrors and ambient lighting is great, just wish the passenger side had it too.

GT Performance Pack, high priority item for me. My old Volvo had 4 pot Brembos all around and I enjoy the 6 pot Brembos in the front with this package. The nice “engine spun” instrument panel looks very nice as well along with the gauges, although I’d rather have the GT350 gauges. I wish that I could make the gauges be independent of the MyColor as I’d choose white all the time. The things that I really liked was the heavy-duty front springs, K-brace, larger radiator, performance wing, strut tower brace, 3.55 diff and upsized sway bar. I figured, that it may not be the best however and you probably could get better aftermarket but I love the fact that this is under factory warranty and solid. Oh yeah the black 19’s aren’t my favorite as my car is a Magnetic Grey which I prefer a lighter color for darker cars. They would look great on a red, black or white car. The Michelin PS4S tires are the bees knees and I really like them. Probably won’t sway to any other tire unless discontinued.

10 Speed Automatic. I work from home so I don’t drive much. Maybe 6000 miles a year but when I do get into Austin traffic it’s horrible. Once I heard that the A10 was faster than the MT and was pretty solid, I was sold. It’s very fast shifting with positive shifts. Smooth and gets great gas mileage. I drove the 800 miles home and ran between 75-80mph and was getting 26mpg. Not bad. One thing I wish though is that you could turn off the downshifting in Sport Mode. I love the throttle response changes in the modes, I don’t always care for the rev matching all the time.

Safe and Smart is something I didn’t really want however my car came with it and actually I’m glad it did. I like the Lane Keeping system which I have used when driving my car home 800 miles which was very nice. Adaptive Cruise Control was nice and worked very well as well. The Pre-Collision is one of those things that it’s not a gotta have but it’s a nice to have. Might save my bacon in the future. I like the rain sensing wipers as well as I have had them in my Volvo’s and AMG’s in the past and really like using it. I haven’t used it yet as my car hasn’t seen rain yet. The best feature that I didn’t realize I’d love so much is the Auto High Beam headlights. Wow. Love the way that it will turn on and off my high beams and it’s darn accurate. The LED headlights are super bright and the auto high beams turn on and turn off faster than I can.

Enhanced Security is nice and super cheap. I haven’t used the locking wheel nuts as I switched to the black gorilla locks so I am selling my locking lugs and lugnuts. But I didn’t buy this package for the locking lugs, I bought it for the active anti-theft system that locks your center console and steering column. $395 seems like a deal to me.

Active Valve Performance Exhaust is definitely something I wanted. Love the fact that you can choose a time for it to be quiet during certain hours. Having Sport, Track and Quiet is very nice. Many times, I will drive in Sport but as I come into the neighborhood late at night I put it in quiet mode. The exhaust sounds good and is stock with warranty. Love it. One thing that I noticed is that you don't fully get the sound unless you roll down the window or hear someone else drive your car. It sounds glorious.

B&O Premium Sound is something else on my list that I wanted. When you are tired of the exhaust drone on a long drive the B&O is pretty good. Honestly my favorite sound system in any car that I have ever had was my 2006 Volvo S60R which had the Dynaudio system with 8” woofers in the doors and rear deck along with a center channel and tweeters. The radio on that had Stereo and Dolby ProLogic II and I loved it. Another one I had was the Harmon Kardon system in my C55 AMG and that one I did not like at all. Not impressed whatsoever. I had the Sony in my Ford F-150 and it was good once I replaced all the speakers with HAT Audio components and swapped out the Sony sub with the Kicker upgraded sub. Now that did sound good. So getting back to the B&O, when I first got into the car I thought it didn’t sound bad but with some adjustment and 12 hours in the car I found it to be a solid system. For me it was a very nice start and I figure I can upgrade the speakers to get better sound with very little risk with messing with warranty and/or paying out the nose for a custom solution. It’s not the end all be all but it’s a great starting place and would look entirely stock.

Magneride is worth the price of admission. Love the fact that it feels firm but planted. Cushy enough but not floaty. I can flip a switch and make it be a canyon carver if necessary. The only thing I wish is that I didn’t have to pick my mode to get the suspension I want. My Volvo S60R had active chassis which I really liked and I like this one a lot too. I figured that I could probably find an aftermarket solution but I wanted something that was going to be fully warranted through Ford.

All in all this is a great car and although I have some things I don’t like, the things that I do like far outweigh the cons. I wouldn’t change any of the packages that I choose but I sure wish they would have made the PP2 wheels for PP1 as I adore them.

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
I purchased off the lot, but looked for months until I found exactly the one I was searching for. Ruby red, 401a, enhanced security (I love the motion sensors, they work awesome), B&O (I don't understand the hate, I think it sounds pretty good personally), PP1, 6 speed (this is a toy, I couldn't have an auto, I like shifting). I was excited that it had the active exhaust...onto the bad.

Active exhaust.....I'm very disappointed by it. It works exactly as designed and does that very well. It is just way too quiet for me. I added a Roush x-pipe to give it some volume. I put it into track mode every time I start the car. My 17 had a Roush x-pipe & AWE touring axle backs, I thought the 17 sounded amazing. I've looked for aftermarket options and they are a stupid amount of money.

Mods done: Tint, x-pipe, Steeda subframe braces, chin spoiler, Steeda k member brace and I just ordered tires and wheels. I will never lower the car, PP1 suspension stays in place.

Mods to do: Black badges & gt350 style black stripes w/ white pinstripe.

I know I bought the right car for me, as there isn't much I want to do to it (for once).

LarryBinSJC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Need for Green
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same issues with grabber blue. In the last 2.5 years I've only seen one other S-550 in grabber blue in the Cleveland area. There are a handful of GB S-197's around but they had a 5 year run on the 197 body, whereas the 550 was a one year only deal, 2017
Grabber Blue is one of my favorites on any Mustang. I feel it works with any generation, more so than NFG which I'm not sure would look that good on a first gen or a New Edge. Like NFG it's in your face without being over the top. My other favorite S550 color is a Royal Crimson. It's a color that turns the Mustang into a luxury sports car. So rich and elegant. If it were available in '19 it would have been a very difficult decision for me.
Sponsored