Shadow Black - Mistake or Not

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Hello my friend. I used Craft Detailing for Opticoat on my SuperDuty and they were great. I have not heard of Brad’s Auto Reconditioning, where is this? I am in talks with AutoNuvo in Holliston. They came recommended by my salesman and I had a long conversation with them, and like them. They are extremely professional. They are going to remove everything like badging and rear spoiler to do a proper install, then put back on. I already got new fender emblems for this.

If all stays true, it will go into production maybe a week from Monday, with a build day of 11/14. Hit me up any time to come see it in person, don’t wait for good weather.

Jaime
Awesome brother. I appreciate your reply.
I may go with Craft Detailing. Brad's Auto Reconditioning is located in Mendon. I used Unique Car Care for the ceramic coating on my truck, but they moved out a little further away since then. They were in Stoneham, which was a hike, and now they are located in Andover. Even further away. lol

I will definitely be in touch about seeing your car. I can only imagine your anticipation! lol
Thanks brother!

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
My opinion is that usually the first choice is the correct one , you choose black for a reason and now the car is delayed for production and it's playing mind tricks on you .
Some of the reason you post why you " think " you should or might change I'm sure Ford engineers have already played with those what ifs .
I'm not a fan of red cars , one of my lady friends constantly says only weird strange men own red cars it kinda has some logic plus when I turn a corner seeing a tow truck and yep it's a red mustang on it I'm glad I don't do red .
I have built modified cars all my life and usually I regret not keeping my first design desision at least for a moment , besides you can always do a wrap . Keep the black it's beautiful you know it because you wanted it . Don't let the space of time mess your mind up ! This is my opinion based on personal experience .
Thanks man. Great advice. That black is going to look sinister and I can't wait to see it shine. Does anyone know a good detailer in NE-Ohio who would be a good go-to for paint correction and protection?

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Here's another opinion for you. I would have to do black because I honestly can't stand the look of the front end of the GT500 with the center bumper piece black on its own. Extremely tacky to me. I much prefer the look of the GT350 and getting the GT500 black retains some of that look, with the increased performance of course of the GT500. Disclaimer, lol- My baby:
IMG_20191014_154254.jpg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Although a bastard to keep clean (and I vowed never to own a black car again), a no-stripe GT500 in Shadow Black would be absolutely stunning.

And really the only way one would ever be a sleeper by any stretch of the imagination.

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Here's another opinion for you. I would have to do black because I honestly can't stand the look of the front end of the GT500 with the center bumper piece black on its own. Extremely tacky to me. I much prefer the look of the GT350 and getting the GT500 black retains some of that look, with the increased performance of course of the GT500. Disclaimer, lol- My baby:
IMG_20191014_154254.jpg
Oh my, what a beautiful 350. I agree that while you may lose some of the contrast with a Shadow Black Gt500, IMO the black bar in the middle of the grille looks like the plastic black bar that they put on the original SRT8 Charger (below).

1.jpg

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing beats a up close view of a clean black car! I said multiple times I'll never buy another black car and I even made it clear that I wasn't a fan of the new GT500 at first. I ate crow before and it didn't kill me, maybe I'll have to try it again!:cwl:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
11F7508A-BC45-4085-9359-5A9811AA02A9.png

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I currently have an order for a shadow black GT500, which is delayed until likely March or April. Unfortunately, this gives me a lot of time to see a lot of photos and videos of different colors, and I am considering a change of color. The race red and performance blue are the choices I may switch to.

I would love to get an in person look at a black GT500, but I’m not sure if there’s anyway to do that before mine comes in. I’m sure that every single one of these is going to look great, and it doesn’t seem like there are a lot of confirmed shadow black builds,

i’m just worried that the contrast and details that they designed may get lost in the black on black color scheme.

Any advice?
Today is the 1st day ive ever actually seen a GT500. I saw white/blk stripes 1st.. thought i made the wrong decision on colors ( Iconic) then saw red hot mettalic, thought maybe i COULD actually own red.. then saw black. oh my lord it looks so sinister in person.. and finally saw my silver, and knew i picked properly.

my point being, this car, in person, has no bad colors. and black, as much as i love it, i cant own again, HOWEVER, it is beautiful. If you want black, get the black. you chose it over the rest for whatever reason, you will not be disappointed

Sparko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT 500 convertible
I have a black '13 GT500 Convert...with matte black stripes....when clean it looks awesome...keeping it clean is near impossible . … not only do you need to keep it clean but if you dont clean it carefully it shows every missed spot, streak or any other washing imperfection. I ordered a PB 2020 GT 500 with white stripes....sorry black !

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Today is the 1st day ive ever actually seen a GT500. I saw white/blk stripes 1st.. thought i made the wrong decision on colors ( Iconic) then saw red hot mettalic, thought maybe i COULD actually own red.. then saw black. oh my lord it looks so sinister in person.. and finally saw my silver, and knew i picked properly.

my point being, this car, in person, has no bad colors. and black, as much as i love it, i cant own again, HOWEVER, it is beautiful. If you want black, get the black. you chose it over the rest for whatever reason, you will not be disappointed
Appreciate your feedback on the different color of GT500's that you saw today!

Right now I am on the fence about changing my present color combination over to a Shadow Black GT500 and will take the next few weeks to decide if I actually will pull the trigger on another Shadow Black Mustang.

Thanks again!

:like::like:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
After watching this video, hard to think it would be a mistake. Absolutely gorgeous.
Agreed. Tint the windows and roll.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yeah, after watching that video I think I have a new favorite color scheme for this car....

black.jpg